Gimbal/Lens doesn't return to off position
553 8 1-8 16:25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd7752764
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

This used to happen once in every few times I turn off the device but now it is happening every time. I am manually repositioning the lens back to the "start" position before putting it back to the case.

I tried recalibrating the gimbal, recentering before turning off. Nothing works.

Is this an issue?

thanks
  Matt

IMG_20240108_160902 (Custom).png
1-8 16:25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please upload a short video showing the issue via YouTube or Google Drive then send the link here so we can check it further. We will wait for your response. Thank you for your cooperation.
1-8 20:03
Use props
fansd7752764
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-8 20:03
Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please upload a short video showing the issue via YouTube or Google Drive then send the link here so we can check it further. We will wait for your response. Thank you for your cooperation.

I will do that. Interestingly, after I charged the device to 100%, it only happened twice. Before that I was at around 50%. Don't know if there is a correlation.
1-9 09:44
Use props
fansd7752764
lvl.2

United States

I managed to capture an instance of this happening back to back to another time it shuts off properly. Here's a link to the video.

Thanks
  Matt
1-9 17:06
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansd7752764 Posted at 1-9 17:06
I managed to capture an instance of this happening back to back to another time it shuts off properly. Here's a link to the video.

https://youtu.be/bA8-MhCY-Go

Thank you for the information provided. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will surely update you once we receive a response. We appreciate your understanding.
1-11 02:37
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. Please make sure to update the firmware of the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 to the latest version then check if the issue persists. If it happens frequently, try to force power off the unit by pressing and holding the record button for 10 seconds. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.
1-15 23:09
Use props
fansd7752764
lvl.2

United States

Thanks. I'm already on the latest firmware. If I left the pocket 3 without using it for a few hours, it does power off right? I see that it takes a bit longer to start up and it shows the DJI logo when starting up.

I'll run more tests by powering it off manually and see if it helps.
1-16 08:43
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansd7752764 Posted at 1-16 08:43
Thanks. I'm already on the latest firmware. If I left the pocket 3 without using it for a few hours, it does power off right? I see that it takes a bit longer to start up and it shows the DJI logo when starting up.

I'll run more tests by powering it off manually and see if it helps.

We appreciate your response. Please let us know the outcome of the test that you have conducted. Please note that the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 supports Screen Rotate & Capture. When enabled, shooting will be started as soon as the touchscreen has been rotated clockwise to power on the camera. After shooting, the camera will automatically power off if left idle for two seconds. Furthermore, please make sure that the Auto-Power Off function is set as "never" to avoid the unit being powered off when idle.
1-16 20:14
Use props
fansd7752764
lvl.2

United States

I made more tests and when the lens return to the "parked" position is unpredictable. Mostly the first time I turn it off after the first power on (when you see the DJI logo), it will not return to the park position.

I don't know if this is more common or is it just my unit.

Also, if it did return to the parked position, the lens will start to rotate freely after a while even as the gimbal is now parked straight. Thus, if you put it in the case and in your pocket, the lens will not be "protected" now.

1-24 10:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules