Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91480450 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

Hello,

A friend just bought a Mavic mini and he loses connection as close as 15m up in the air, just above our heads... Orienting the antennae doesn't help...

When you open the transmission tab in the DJI Fly App, several bars are green, and they are at half the height, and within 30 seconds, you see them turn into a full red bar one by one.

mmini.jpg

We put it down for a picture... but even away from the vehicle, it's the same...

when this happens, you lose control of the drone... it just hovers there for several minutes... then it regains connection, is able to fly a bit, and relapses again a few minutes later...

It's impossible to fly it properly... There is also serious lag in the feed...

We have tried everything - re-linking the remote, tried the Fake GPS apps to put it in FCC or CE... but we didn't see any change in the modes in our attempt, even though, the APP did show us being in the US or the EU every time we tried... it didn't switch -- and it didn't give us any warning at all... It is running the latest Firmware.

It is good to note that in this very place, I have flown, the Mavic Air, the Spark, the Inspire 2, the Phantoms 3 Pro/4/4 Pro/4 Pro V2 and the DJI Air 2S... without any such issue... there isn't much interference here... in fact we flew the Mavic Air like minutes before the Mini yesterday when we tried it... Now, I live in town, but my friend lives in the middle of a sugar cane field... but it is no better there...

Any advice on how to fix it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Reuben

1-11 00:54
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there! We're sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Based on the screenshot and details given regarding the phenomenon, it's evident that the Mavic Mini is experiencing a high volume of interference in the current environment. Please know that unlike the recent DJI aircraft models, the Mavic Mini uses an Enhanced Wi-Fi signal transmission which may easily affected by normal interferences. We encourage you to change the flight environment wherein there are no interferences and with a strong GPS signal for better results. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
1-11 22:36
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91480450 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 22:36
Hello, there! We're sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Based on the screenshot and details given regarding the phenomenon, it's evident that the Mavic Mini is experiencing a high volume of interference in the current environment. Please know that unlike the recent DJI aircraft models, the Mavic Mini uses an Enhanced Wi-Fi signal transmission which may easily affected by normal interferences. We encourage you to change the flight environment wherein there are no interferences and with a strong GPS signal for better results. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.

Hello DJI Gamora,

So you're telling me the transmission technology used in the Mavic Mini is worse than that used in the first Mavic air that I purchased in 2018 and that flies very well in the same environment?
1-11 22:39
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Reuben Pillay Posted at 1-11 22:39
Hello DJI Gamora,

So you're telling me the transmission technology used in the Mavic Mini is worse than that used in the first Mavic air that I purchased in 2018 and that flies very well in the same environment?

Hi, there. The Mavic Air and Mavic Mini use the same transmission type. However, based on the description and photo attached, the current environment has traffic of interferences. Therefore, it's recommended to change your area to isolate the problem and further testing.
1-13 03:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules