1010 29 1-13 09:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhoenlX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 955 ft
France

Hi,

I was using my drone this afternoon in the moutain, and just when i got my last shot the image froze, all data was unavailable and the remote was red (lost signal) while my drone still had 33% battery, so i turned off the remote and back on, but i never found my drone again, i went to the RTH point but my drone wasn't there, and i also went to the last point my drone was but couldn't find it either, and it coulnd ring or flash because it wasn't connected to the RC.

So my question is, what can i do now ? I didn't take care refresh, and it may have been stolen when it (may or may not) went back to the RTH point...
1-13 09:18
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

That's what I did, but i went to the last known location, and since i was filming i do not quite agree with that point, so i went in a straight line to the RTH point (i swapped batteries once, so i don't know if the rth is after i took off the first time or the second) but i went at both and i couldn't find it so i guess someone took it, or maybe the drone just crashed in the snow somewhere..
1-13 09:57
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

Even if i didn't turn off the controller ?
I honestly can't remember if ive waited long enough, but i went to both point anyway.
The only thing i can't understand is how i lost signal and how the image froze, i couldn't do anything, it never happened before..
I don't even know if it crashed at that last known location or if it returned to the home point to get stolen
1-13 10:29
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

I had RTH at 50m so it didn't crash in a tree or something, it either crashed if that was too cold (but i think i would have got a message), or it just went to the RTH and someone took it. Anyway I couldn't find it so even if i find it tomorrow a night in the snow won't help..
1-13 10:37
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

How can I post the logs ? Because I think the app on my phone is still connected on my previoud drone
1-13 12:45
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PhoenlX Posted at 1-13 12:45
How can I post the logs ? Because I think the app on my phone is still connected on my previoud drone

The recorded flight data will be on whatever phone or tablet you used for the flight.

Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
1-13 13:30
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

Ok but what if i have the logd on the DJI RC, i can't find anything to share them
1-13 13:36
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

Ok I have them on my PC now, but i can't upload the txt here because they don't accept it, and I don't manage to find a way to upload it following your instructions
1-13 14:26
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

nvm : https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0ZOLYTQZXBC3XIBQI8ZH/
1-13 14:40
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Your flight data ends with the drone hovering 900 metres west of the home point and 15 metres higher than the launch point (about 35 metres above the ground below the drone.
Pitch, Roll and Yaw data show no indication of any collision.

RTH height was set at 50 metres.
There were no obstacles between the drone and homepoint, that could have blocked signal or RTH.
Wind was close to zero.
Failsafe action was set to RTH.
The battery level was sufficient for the return flight.
On loss of signal, the drone would have initiated RTH and should have been back at the homepoint in approx two minutes.

As there was nothing to prevent the drone returning on loss of signal, the only logical conclusion is that the loss of signal was due to the drone losing power.
And on losing power, gravity takes over.

It should have come to rest close to   42.94134   0.27935.
1-13 17:17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

just walk along the straight line from the disconnection point to the home point, it looks as it the flight path is over grass or what ever is there now. There doesn't look to have been much wind so if it ran out of power on the way home it should be a fairly vertical descent to the ground.
You might also have a look for the DAT file, its name will contain FLY036, ouch that's a new drone. The DAT's, if they exist, will be in the MCDatFlightRecords folder.
If you have synched logs with DJI the DATs will be gone.
If you find the DAT upload it to a file hosting website, make the page public and post the address here.
1-13 17:54
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That you say " i went to the RTH point but my drone wasn't there," suggests you were moving and ended up a reasonable distance from the launch point.
If that is correct you would have done better to update the home point to the controller's location at various times.
1-13 17:59
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

I was walking while using the drone since it was a very flat location and i never lost signal before. It was full of snow and people.
When i lost signal i was taking it back home.
I was just below a small hilll and by the time i climbeb it (like 10 seconds) i couldn't tell if it fell or if it returned to the Home Point.
So i searched around the area of the last known location and in a straight line i went to the RTH point. But since the RTH was near a very busy road that day i guess someone took it, so i guess its over.
1-13 21:28
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-13 17:54
just walk along the straight line from the disconnection point to the home point, it looks as it the flight path is over grass or what ever is there now. There doesn't look to have been much wind so if it ran out of power on the way home it should be a fairly vertical descent to the ground.
You might also have a look for the DAT file, its name will contain FLY036, ouch that's a new drone. The DAT's, if they exist, will be in the MCDatFlightRecords folder.
If you have synched logs with DJI the DATs will be gone.

My data is synced so i think there is no point for me to look for that DAT file, what could i learn anyway with a DAT file ?
1-13 21:33
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. Sorry about what happened to your drone. If your aircraft cannot be found, we suggest creating a FlyAway case on the DJI official website.  you can report a flyaway case via Flyaway Service. After successful registration, a DJI customer service agent will contact you via email and communicate with the service solution. You can submit one here: https://repair.dji.com/fr/repair/flyaway. We appreciate your patience.
1-13 21:47
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

I already did it, but since i don't have dji care refresh i have no clue what kind of solution they can give me.

If it is indeed stolen and the person tries to fly with it, will i know ?
1-13 21:56
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

PhoenlX Posted at 1-13 21:56
I already did it, but since i don't have dji care refresh i have no clue what kind of solution they can give me.

No ... there's no way you could tell.
1-13 23:25
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

Kinda sad..

I have 2 numbers written on it for the regulation. So if an honest person found it maybe they will have a way to fond me even thought i hope no hope anymore.
1-13 23:35
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

Update : someone found it and posted it on a local group on fb, i' not trying to reach the person to recover it.

It went back to the RTH and landed in the snow.

I'll take this as a good lesson.

Thanks everyone
1-14 00:54
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

I'm now trying*
1-14 00:54
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhoenlX Posted at 1-13 21:33
My data is synced so i think there is no point for me to look for that DAT file, what could i learn anyway with a DAT file ?

The DAT from the Mini 3 Pro is readable and might contain the time remaining until the forced landing procedure etc. kicks in, which might tell someone how close to home it got before it started to descend due to forced landing, that is if it didn't make it all the way home.
Sadly the relevant columns in the txt flight log are empty.
I do not know the rate per metre at which a Mini 3 Pro uses battery during a 'windless' RTH.
1-14 01:46
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

Since i completed a Fly Away report, the drone now tells me that i have only 4 flight left, where can i contact DJI to tell them that i found it so that they can remove the restriction ?
1-14 03:18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhoenlX Posted at 1-14 03:18
Since i completed a Fly Away report, the drone now tells me that i have only 4 flight left, where can i contact DJI to tell them that i found it so that they can remove the restriction ?

The "binding"  prevents anyone who found the drone and kept it from flying the drone but I assume you are talking about the controller, were you trying to use it to fly another drone or something?
I presume you can unbind the controller from the drone to get rid of the warning but I would 'hold off' on that until you get a replacement drone in your hands.
Allowing for Sod's Law unbinding it before you have the replacement in your hands might complicate matters.
1-14 04:40
Use props
Osibek24
New
Flight distance : 7208 ft
India

I was flying the drone today in an open field. There was around 10-12 GPS satellites available but it was still showing "hover with caution". I had started another hovering, when the blades simply stopped rotating and it fell out of the sky, causing damage to the rear right rotor (attached). There was no collision. I have attached the log and there was ample battery, it just stopped hovering. Is this a manufacturing issue. Request a quick response.

https://app.airdata.com/share/zoDYjV - Log Data For Support
1-14 05:09
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Osibek24 Posted at 1-14 05:09
I was flying the drone today in an open field. There was around 10-12 GPS satellites available but it was still showing "hover with caution". I had started another hovering, when the blades simply stopped rotating and it fell out of the sky, causing damage to the rear right rotor (attached). There was no collision. I have attached the log and there was ample battery, it just stopped hovering. Is this a manufacturing issue. Request a quick response.

Perhaps you had the emergency stop mode of the blades turned on. Check your security settings.
1-14 05:29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

There was around 10-12 GPS satellites available but it was still showing "hover with caution".
It showed that because you never had full GPS reception during the flight.
10-12 sats does not ensure GPS reception and the location surrounded by tall buildings blocked much of the sky and the sats.
This had nothing to do with your incident, but it's something you should be aware of.

I had started another hovering, when the blades simply stopped rotating and it fell out of the sky, causing damage to the rear right rotor (attached).
The data just stops and  doesn't show anything that explains why.
This suggests a total loss of power, possibly caused by a badly installed battery or a battery becoming dislodged enough to break contact.

1-14 05:35
Use props
PhoenlX
lvl.2
France

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-14 04:40
The "binding"  prevents anyone who found the drone and kept it from flying the drone but I assume you are talking about the controller, were you trying to use it to fly another drone or something?
I presume you can unbind the controller from the drone to get rid of the warning but I would 'hold off' on that until you get a replacement drone in your hands.
Allowing for Sod's Law unbinding it before you have the replacement in your hands might complicate matters.

I found my drone, but since i've completed à fly away report i have a restriction on it.
On my dji account there are 2 drones, a mini 2 and a 3 pro, so my question is just who am i supposed to tell i've found my drone to get rid off the restriction.
1-14 05:42
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

PhoenlX Posted at 1-14 05:42
I found my drone, but since i've completed à fly away report i have a restriction on it.
On my dji account there are 2 drones, a mini 2 and a 3 pro, so my question is just who am i supposed to tell i've found my drone to get rid off the restriction.

Contact DJI support
https://www.dji.com/support
1-14 05:55
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Serg SSA Posted at 1-14 05:29
Perhaps you had the emergency stop mode of the blades turned on. Check your security settings.

Joystick inputs in the flight data shows that this is not what happened.
1-14 05:56
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Osibek24 Posted at 1-14 05:09

The link does not work.
Ahh, I think you have been answered on MavicPilots.

1-14 10:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules