Occasionally missing H point marker on screen?
604 25 1-13 09:47
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I am used to the Great H point marker on goggles of DJI FPV and Avata and liked the implementation of it on Mini 4 but today H marker was invisible on the screen during one flight while on other was OK?
1-13 09:47
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17520892 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Must be a bug or something because occasionally and after the latest updates I have the same issue.
1-13 10:40
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Also did it to me once, and it was the first flight after the v01.00.0300 update. I then tried to reproduce the problem over half a dozen flights but it hadn't done it.
1-13 13:07
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Reported this a few weeks ago, and others have verified it. DJI Tony told me they are working on it. I initially noticed it after using auto active shots, but now see it happening randomly in other instances. I'm curious if you have the latest 1.12.6 ply app update on your controller?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 9&page=1#pid3213921

As a side note, I got the Integra goggles and Motion 2 for christmas, and the AR homepoint functions perfectly while using them. It's only when I use my RC2 that I see the AR homepoint going MIA at times.

1-14 00:12
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Will just add that I saw a you tube vid about the 1.12.6 fly app, started up my mini 4 and rc2, it showed an update, so I allowed it to install and all seemed well, but when I looked at it today, it still shows 1.12.4, lol...so not sure what happened there. And I flew today,( -12C, but  heatwave compared to the last couple days here), with the RC2 for a while, did a lap up in the sky, come back towards my landing pad, AR home point H is showing. I then did a quick auto active shot, (what seemed to make it disappear before), up for another lap and back towards my landing pad and the AR homepoint is still showing. I thought awesome the update or whatever it was fixed it. Went up for another lap and back towards my landing pad, and no AR homepoint to be seen, and like several times before, once I get very close to my landing pad, 10 meters or so, the AR homepoint will flash on and fade out. After a couple colorful adjectives, I went for a flight with my Integra goggles and Motion 2 and the AR homepoint functions perfectly as always. What gives DJI?
1-14 17:42
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. To better investigate this phenomenon, we're requesting for the details below:

> App log
> Aircraft Data Log.
> Video showing the problem:
> Time and date of the abnormality:
1-14 22:39
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 1-13 10:40
Must be a bug or something because occasionally and after the latest updates I have the same issue.

Hi, there. Sorry for the trouble that it caused you. For better assistance, you may provide the necessary details via this link. I hope to hear from you soon.
1-14 22:42
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Monkey007 Posted at 1-13 13:07
Also did it to me once, and it was the first flight after the v01.00.0300 update. I then tried to reproduce the problem over half a dozen flights but it hadn't done it.

Hello, there. Thank you for the additional input. If the problem persists, we encourage you to provide the details via this link for further assistance. We thank you for your cooperation.
1-14 22:43
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-14 22:39
Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. To better investigate this phenomenon, we're requesting for the details below:

> App log

As it's random in nature it'll be very difficult to provide video - I need to screen-record all my flights
1-14 22:58
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

alex_markov Posted at 1-14 22:58
As it's random in nature it'll be very difficult to provide video - I need to screen-record all my flights

Is it random, or does it happen when (after) you have used ActiveTrack?
1-15 02:23
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Frank071 Posted at 1-15 02:23
Is it random, or does it happen when (after) you have used ActiveTrack?

Random
1-15 03:27
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-14 22:43
Hello, there. Thank you for the additional input. If the problem persists, we encourage you to provide the details via this link for further assistance. We thank you for your cooperation.

Will do ,thanks!
1-17 01:38
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree, completly Random
1-17 01:39
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 1-14 22:58

Thank you for responding. If this happens, you may keep us posted with the details for further checking. However, we hope this will not persist anymore.
1-17 02:49
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 02:49
Thank you for responding. If this happens, you may keep us posted with the details for further checking. However, we hope this will not persist anymore.

Well, I can't as my Mini went for service (always shows obstacles in front and left )  Hope after repair not to have any issues
1-17 04:38
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 02:49

It will definitely persist, its a bug in the firmware from your release :
Date: 2023.12.21
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0300
Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0300 (DJI RC 2)
v01.01.0200 (DJI RC-N2)
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.12.4
DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.4.
My AR homepoint has been coming and going since your last update in December. This issue should be of great concern to DJI, it involves the drones homepoint or at the very least the displaying of it being completely unstable while using the RC2 controller with the current firmware.
1-17 20:31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're most welcome. Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest information.
1-20 02:57
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 1-17 20:31
It will definitely persist, its a bug in the firmware from your release :
Date: 2023.12.21
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0300

Hello, there. Thank you for your additional input and sorry for the inconvenience. To better investigate this phenomenon, may we ask for the necessary details posted on #10? I hope to hear from you soon.
1-20 03:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 1-17 04:38
Well, I can't as my Mini went for service  (always shows obstacles in front and left  )  Hope after repair not to have any issues

Hi. Sorry to hear that the product is currently in service. We hope you have a smooth and fast transaction with us. However, if you need any assistance, you may let us know. Please know that we're always here to help!
1-20 03:04
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-20 03:04
Hi. Sorry to hear that the product is currently in service. We hope you have a smooth and fast transaction with us. However, if you need any assistance, you may let us know. Please know that we're always here to help!

Thanks, I sent You PM
1-20 05:07
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-20 03:00
Hello, there. Thank you for your additional input and sorry for the inconvenience. To better investigate this phenomenon, may we ask for the necessary details posted on #10? I hope to hear from you soon.

Hi DJI Gamora, thank you for your reply. How can I put this nicely... DJI needs to fix their buggy firmware. While I'm happy to help DJI become aware of an issue and what it is, its not up to DJI's customers to do DJI's work for them. I would suggest DJI go out and fly one of their own drones, as multiple people on this forum have reported the same issue with the AR homepoint appearing and disappearing randomly, it will be easy for DJI to replicate the issue and pull the flight data from their drone.  
Thanks and have a great day!
1-20 05:55
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 1-20 05:07
Thanks, I sent You PM

Received and replied. Thank you!
1-21 03:34
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 1-20 05:55
Hi DJI Gamora, thank you for your reply. How can I put this nicely... DJI needs to fix their buggy firmware. While I'm happy to help DJI become aware of an issue and what it is, its not up to DJI's customers to do DJI's work for them. I would suggest DJI go out and fly one of their own drones, as multiple people on this forum have reported the same issue with the AR homepoint appearing and disappearing randomly, it will be easy for DJI to replicate the issue and pull the flight data from their drone.  
Thanks and have a great day!

Hi. Thank you for your positive input regarding this matter. While we understand your point regarding this matter, the requested details are essential to investigate the abnormality effectively. I'm afraid that if the said phenomenon is not a constant situation, this may not be easy to replicate on our end. Nonetheless, please know that we're constantly notifying our corresponding team about the unusual behavior reported by the users. We hope for your understanding.
1-21 03:41
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Well since the latest update, i had 4 flights with no issues what so ever. So for now my issue is fixed.

Thanks!
1-27 06:41
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew today with the new DJI Fly update, RC2.  I experienced the missing H point.  I was shooting in 4K30, auto, normal, and switching between RAW photos and video when the H point indicator disappeared.  Not a big deal, but definitely a glitch!  Maybe next time I will do a screen recording and try to grab a video of it.
1-28 13:20
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Went out for a couple hours flying today with my Mini 4 Pro and RC controller to see how App 1.12.8, AC 01.00.0300, RC 02.00.0500 update works.
AR homepoint lasted all of 10 minutes, then disappeared until I re started the drone. Unfortunate, I was hoping the January update might fix this issue, but no dice.
1-28 19:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules