Crashed into wall even though obstacle was detected
724 5 1-13 11:16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamago
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62156 ft

Germany

I've had my mini3 Pro for almost a month now.
I was in normal mode, with obstacle detection and redirection active.
I flew a bit to test the obstacle detection.
It recognized a few trees and poles well and flew around them.
Then I slowly approached a house. The drone recognized the house and flew slower. Then it steered about 1m upwards. Then it hit the wall straight on.
The rotors have injuries. The right front arm now has a problem with the joint and the light is defective.
The Gimbel protector is now hard to get on.

Have I done something wrong or does the sensor possibly have a bug?
What would you advise me to do now?
Kind regards, David

Attached the DJI Flight Record:
https://1drv.ms/t/s!AsHPuSlTPpN5mTuy9iA8ki86rAvP?e=7TREqq

light

light
IMG_20240113_143035.jpg

Blade

Blade
1-13 11:16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

"I flew a bit to test the obstacle detection."

You should share the video (not the log). After all, even if a fail, you still got a result out of your test...
1-13 14:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about what happened to your drone. For your flight safety, we suggest sending it to DJI to get it repaired. You can submit a repair request on the DJI official website https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
1-13 21:24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you have it you might post the DAT flightlog as well. Sorry about the drone but I agree with Dirty Bird on this, if you push the boundaries ultimately they will bite you.
When I tested the OA of a Mavic 2 I was always poised to give full reverse and never gave it complete trust.
With regards to the front arm pivot, if you do not have care refresh I suspect you could replace the front arm pivot yourself, there are youtube showing how its done ...... though it may invalidate warranty ..... if that is a concern.
With regards to the gimbal cover, check the drone's nose for any distortions and try to remedy any that you find.

1-14 11:07
Use props
Jamago
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62156 ft

Germany

Thanks for the feedback.
I am a student.
I don't earn any money with the drone, nor am I looking for clicks.

I'll submit a repair request.
David

1-15 11:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jamago Posted at 1-15 11:32
Thanks for the feedback.
I am a student.
I don't earn any money with the drone, nor am I looking for clicks.

Sorry if you need to send it. Rest assured it will be taken good care of. The facility will make sure everything is covered before sending it back. Please keep us posted if you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.
1-15 21:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules