DJI Zenmuse X10-10k Camera Plans
656 11 1-14 09:53
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

This is a message to the DJI Inspire 3 engineering team.  Although the DJI Inspire 3 is a vast improvement from the first two generations, tremendous steps can be taken to salvage the shortfall or speedy release of the x9-8k zenmuse camera as you folks begin plans to craft the next zenmuse x10-10k gimbal camera to be released in a year or 2 for the Inspire 3 just as you did the x7 for the inspire 2 which was a more superior camera upgrade than the x5.
The zenmuse x9-8k camera for the I3 could have given the $35,000 with accessories I3 drone a 10/10 - King of the Drones, best camera drone on the market but there's 3 underlining issues that seem unfixable by future firmware updates

1. The Rolling Shutter issue with 8k 30fps or lower framerate is more than annoying, it makes the footage unusable
2. Allowing a solo pilot to have more control with autofocus on the I3, continuous autofocus would also keep so much of this footage from being unusable too.  I've owned this drone since October, I never use spotlight pro, but a similar feature that would track continuous autofocus on a subject or vehicle, now that I would use!
3. The inconvenience of not having a built in ND filters with such extreme changes to the image on a partially sunny day is tremendous
You can shoot with no ND filter when the sun is covered but as soon as it's bright and you're flying over the water then my goodness, you better throw at least 6 stops of ND filter to keep your raw footage from getting blown out - ProRes 422 HQ seems to balance footage more on this drone and I have no idea why... but as soon as another cloud comes to cover the sun, the 5 or 6 stop filter that you left on will make your footage unsalvageable in post.  This is why we need built in ND filters next time!
4. And I just had to throw this one in there, ProRes 422 HQ 8k 50 or 60 fps would solve the extremely annoying horrible rolling shutter issue of 8k 30 fps so why don't you guys create a new firmware to solve this problem???  Until the ProRes Raw issue is solved (blown out whites compared to ProRes 422 HQ), I don't think you guys have much of a choice, please let go of the constraints, we've already invested more than enough money on this product

So DJI INspire Engineering team, take my advice and you can be proud of putting out the greatest camera drone in the world

1-14 09:53
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Josephsmith, thank you for your feedback on the Inspire 3, please allow us to clarify the issues:

Regarding the rolling shutter issue, as the X9-8K Air gimbal camera uses rolling shutter, the product may suffer from "jello effect” when capturing under certain shooting scenes, such as if the device is moving horizontally at high speed. In this case, it is recommended to set the shutter speed to [1/frame rate] if the current shooting frame rate is greater than or equal to 48 fps. Otherwise, it is recommended to shoot at a safe shutter speed of 1/50 s or a safe shutter angle of 180° to eliminate the motion blur and alleviate the impacts of the jello effect on the view quality.
Please note that jello effect may be affected by factors such as frame rate, frame size, and resolution. You can try capturing at 2K in full frame or Super 35mm, which can effectively reduce the effect.

When using the Inspire 3 with the Zenmuse X9 Air, the supported AF mode is AFS, you may need to tap the screen to focus, and AFC is not supported.

The X9-8K Air gimbal camera is designed to be lightweight so it does not have a built-in ND filter, you may try to use the ND filter if necessary.

We also understand your feedback and will forward them to the engineers for their notice. Appreciate your understanding.
2-3 00:18
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Standard photo features would be nice aswell on release!
2-4 15:53
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-3 00:18
Hi Josephsmith, thank you for your feedback on the Inspire 3, please allow us to clarify the issues:

Regarding the rolling shutter issue, as the X9-8K Air gimbal camera uses rolling shutter, the product may suffer from "jello effect” when capturing under certain shooting scenes, such as if the device is moving horizontally at high speed. In this case, it is recommended to set the shutter speed to [1/frame rate] if the current shooting frame rate is greater than or equal to 48 fps. Otherwise, it is recommended to shoot at a safe shutter speed of 1/50 s or a safe shutter angle of 180° to eliminate the motion blur and alleviate the impacts of the jello effect on the view quality.

Thank you for the response.  I'm not interested in shooting anything with this camera that is less than 8k otherwise I would have stuck with my mavic 3 pro cine.  The jello effect is terrible and the brightness of the x7 is more appealing then the dim cinematic look of the x9.  I hope that with the next generation gimbal camera for the inspire 3, you guys can make a significant improvement with the image like what happened from the x5 to the x7.  Thank you for listening
2-7 19:54
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Josephsmith Posted at 2-7 19:54
Thank you for the response.  I'm not interested in shooting anything with this camera that is less than 8k otherwise I would have stuck with my mavic 3 pro cine.  The jello effect is terrible and the brightness of the x7 is more appealing then the dim cinematic look of the x9.  I hope that with the next generation gimbal camera for the inspire 3, you guys can make a significant improvement with the image like what happened from the x5 to the x7.  Thank you for listening

Thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate it so much, and we've forwarded it to the engineers for their notice, we will keep improving to provide better service and products to our valued customers.
2-9 23:52
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412608 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2-9 23:52
Thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate it so much, and we've forwarded it to the engineers for their notice, we will keep improving to provide better service and products to our valued customers.

10K, how big would those files be? I am pretty sure it would not be an upgrade I would buy into.
2-12 13:17
Use props
Twelvizm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skip adding more resolution.  10k, hell no.  Give me a global shutter and 6k w/ at least 14 stops of dynamic range.  Global shutter on a camera that can move at 50-60mph is a no brainer
2-15 13:27
Use props
826 Raw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412608 ft
United Kingdom

Twelvizm Posted at 2-15 13:27
Skip adding more resolution.  10k, hell no.  Give me a global shutter and 6k w/ at least 14 stops of dynamic range.  Global shutter on a camera that can move at 50-60mph is a no brainer

I agree Twelvizm. Does the I3 already have 14+ stops of Dynamic Range?
2-17 07:12
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Twelvizm Posted at 2-15 13:27
Skip adding more resolution.  10k, hell no.  Give me a global shutter and 6k w/ at least 14 stops of dynamic range.  Global shutter on a camera that can move at 50-60mph is a no brainer

You're right about the global shutter, there is no hope for the x9 improving the rolling shutter jello effect at this point.  They have the ability to increase the frame rate from 30 fps to 50/60 fps with prores 422 but they choose not to so they can force us to by the raw license so we can reduce the panning jello effect. but ProRes Raw has a lot of exposure issues on the I3 particularly when you are flying in bright or variable weather conditions.

The x7 6k was so much beter than the x5 5.1k, both released for the I2.  We need to encourage DJI to improve the resolution for the I3's next generation camera.  If it's 10k, we will all still benefit as it's down sampled to 4k.  They're going to charge us 6k or 7k for it anyways so we might as well demand the best resolution available

2-23 12:00
Use props
Twelvizm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

826 Raw Posted at 2-17 07:12
I agree Twelvizm. Does the I3 already have 14+ stops of Dynamic Range?

Looks just under 15 here.  I'm just saying this is the bare minimum.  I wanna see them take on the Raptor X numbers for image quality (DR, Bit Depth), not just add more pixels.  I want the most info from each pixel.  Going for more K's doesn't give you a better image.  There's a reason why there's no Arri camera with more than 6.5k, and typically their cameras are 4k, and they were still slow to go that big because their 2k cameras made better images than anyone's 4k.

Quality should trump quantity.  Don't bother with chasing more pixels, if you cant get what you need with an 8k camera,  you're doing something wrong.
2-24 08:44
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

There isnt a whole pile of need for a camera with more than 8k resolution. And even then, youll more likely be shooting in 4k.

Something with faster readout speeds, higher DR and internal ND's would be much preferable to a resolution bump for me. The internal ND's in particular would be a big plus.

Before all of that tho, I need a longer lens. An 85mm or 135mm ideally. Or both.
2-26 03:45
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 2-26 03:45
There isnt a whole pile of need for a camera with more than 8k resolution. And even then, youll more likely be shooting in 4k.

Something with faster readout speeds, higher DR and internal ND's would be much preferable to a resolution bump for me. The internal ND's in particular would be a big plus.

Absolutely, an improved 8K version of the x9 with a global shutter to reduce the jello effect while panning and continuous autofocus recognition on a subject without the need for a second pilot to pull focus would be ideal.

Regarding the 85mm and zoom lens, I feel like DJI I3 has abandoned its I3 customers.  No word or press releases on future improvements, products and new accessories for this drone which is pretty sad regarding how much we all invested in this drone and the necessary accessories which at this point is costing me more than a V-RAPTOR XL [X] Red's most expensive "consumer" camera
3-19 08:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules