RC2 freezes until AIR3 gets back home
279 6 1-14 11:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomekM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348566 ft
United States

I'm flying Air3 with RC2 controller with all updates in place. Often I fly predefined waypoints, and as it happens occasionally the drone will lose connection to the controler for a bit. I can understand why this is happening, however, in at least 3 occasions, the controler completely froze. At least once I got the "DJI Fly" app is not responding message with options to "wait" or "cancel". I always select "wait" hoping for the app to start responding. Eventually, I get the beeps informing me the forn is flying back home, however, the RC2 never reconnects to the drone. In all cases drone came back home and landed by itself. At that point I shutdown the RC2 and start it again and all is back to normal.
Does anyone experience similar issue? Is this a software bug or my RC2 is faulty?
1-14 11:50
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please export the crash log using this path: APP log: internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG also the remote controller log by connecting the remote controller via DJI Assistant 2 then go to "Log export". Please upload the files via Google Drive then send the link to us for further investigation. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
1-14 21:04
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

Hello,
I got same problem 2 times !
The drone was not set to RTH, but to wait.
Rebooting the Rc2 did not solve the problem.
Rc2 and Air3 reconnected after a very long time, and I could land the drone.
Drone was close to me, at 2.5 m altitude.
Never had this problem at same place with a Pv2+, an Air and an Air2 DJI drone !
If this happens again, I will post logs here !
1-14 22:51
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D922%26typeid%3D922
1-15 03:58
Use props
TomekM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348566 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-14 21:04
Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please export the crash log using this path: APP log: internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG also the remote controller log by connecting the remote controller via DJI Assistant 2 then go to "Log export". Please upload the files via Google Drive then send the link to us for further investigation. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I do not have a folder "LOG" under ...files/
1-15 11:43
Use props
imdronelover
lvl.3
Flight distance : 343766 ft
Serbia

rdsb Posted at 1-14 22:51
Hello,
I got same problem 2 times !
The drone was not set to RTH, but to wait.

Make sure you always have chosen the RTH, not to land or wait.
1-16 02:22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

TomekM Posted at 1-15 11:43
I do not have a folder "LOG" under ...files/

Please try looking for the said file using your computer. Connect your remote controller to your computer using a USB-C data cable. Please keep us posted.
1-17 23:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules