What is the origin and meaning of "Avata"
758 16 1-15 01:16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

Hello you guys,

I 'm currently having lots of fun with the awesome DJI Avata and I plan to make a nice video about it. I would like to know the meaning of the word Avata, so I did some research but found several different meanings in differerent languages.

So could you guys from DJI please tell me, which translation of the word Avata you referred to, when you chose this name for this great drone?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Schwendi
1-15 01:16
Use props
DJIFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

I think you're thinking into this way more than DJI ever did when they came up with the name. This is the company that named their first FPV drone....the DJI FPV. They are also the company that released the DJI Goggles V2 followed by the Goggles 2 (I won't even get into the Goggles Integra).
1-15 03:44
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJIFlyer Posted at 1-15 03:44
I think you're thinking into this way more than DJI ever did when they came up with the name. This is the company that named their first FPV drone....the DJI FPV. They are also the company that released the DJI Goggles V2 followed by the Goggles 2 (I won't even get into the Goggles Integra).

Your answer is not exactly helpful for my question

I just would love to know, what the word Avata meant for the person at DJI who decided to use it for naming the DJI Avata. I really like the sound and look of this word ... Avata ...

In Finnland it means something like: -open up- or -unbuckle-   I like this translation, because the DJI Avata opened a new world of drone flying for me, it unbuckled me to be able to fly in all 6 Degrees of Freedom...
1-15 04:20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You would think that somebody in the Marketing Department would be able to get that answer for you Schwendi.  Sounds like you are working on an interesting project.
1-15 04:27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Usually these products have project names that sometimes carry over to the marketing launch name if it survives.  Obviously it's not the same person or the same set of people creating these names so the story behind them are often different.  When I think of the movie Avatar, I think about the flying creatures maneuvering and diving.....
1-15 07:26
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

The Saint Posted at 1-15 07:26
Usually these products have project names that sometimes carry over to the marketing launch name if it survives.  Obviously it's not the same person or the same set of people creating these names so the story behind them are often different.  When I think of the movie Avatar, I think about the flying creatures maneuvering and diving.....

I work in the R&D of an industrial corporation (no consumer products), in fact we even have some cooperation with DJI...
Anyway, the final product name is always completely different from the project name in my organization. It's on one side due to confidentiality and on the other side the product name is typically created by experienced marketing experts in parallel to the R&D. There is usually some psychology in a product name and R&D nerds like me are not very good at this :-)
But maybe this is different in development of consumer products. It would be interesting for me, to know, how this works at DJI...
1-15 07:47
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schwendi Posted at 1-15 07:47
I work in the R&D of an industrial corporation (no consumer products), in fact we even have some cooperation with DJI...
Anyway, the final product name is always completely different from the project name in my organization. It's on one side due to confidentiality and on the other side the product name is typically created by experienced marketing experts in parallel to the R&D. There is usually some psychology in a product name and R&D nerds like me are not very good at this :-)
But maybe this is different in development of consumer products. It would be interesting for me, to know, how this works at DJI...

Agreed, usually the project name doesn't stick because it's just too weird or really doesn't apply.  In some places, they use the name of mountain peaks, it other places, car models....or cities or presidents.  No idea what is going on over at DJI.
1-15 08:21
Use props
DJIFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Schwendi Posted at 1-15 04:20
Your answer is not exactly helpful for my question

I just would love to know, what the word Avata meant for the person at DJI who decided to use it for naming the DJI Avata. I really like the sound and look of this word ... Avata ...

Honestly....you're probably not going to get a proper answer from anyone here, including the moderators and administrators....they strictly handle forum issues and if anything is beyond their scope of knowledge, it gets forward to the 'appropriate department'.

To get a proper answer, I would start HERE.  
1-15 09:25
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJIFlyer Posted at 1-15 09:25
Honestly....you're probably not going to get a proper answer from anyone here, including the moderators and administrators....they strictly handle forum issues and if anything is beyond their scope of knowledge, it gets forward to the 'appropriate department'.

To get a proper answer, I would start HERE.

Well, that's a good idea. I'll write to the marketing directly..

Thank you!!
1-15 10:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We really appreciate your kind feedback on the DJI Avata. Rest assured that we will coordinate this concern to the respective team for clarification. We will keep you posted.
1-15 22:57
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-15 22:57
Hi there. We really appreciate your kind feedback on the DJI Avata. Rest assured that we will coordinate this concern to the respective team for clarification. We will keep you posted.

Thank you so much, I appreciate!
1-15 23:22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Schwendi Posted at 1-15 23:22
Thank you so much, I appreciate!

Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. We already received a response, DJI made this name and this name doesn't have any related language. This is the only information we have for this inquiry. We appreciate your understanding.
1-17 23:10
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-17 23:10
Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. We already received a response, DJI made this name and this name doesn't have any related language. This is the only information we have for this inquiry. We appreciate your understanding.

Hi DJI Paladin, thank you for checking this for me. The answer is funny, though . But I think I understand. Nowadays, many marketing names, titles etc. are developed with the assistance of AI. So I could imagine, the name Avata was selected or even generated by AI. Very interesting...
Anyway, I will use the finish translation in my video, it just fits extremely well to what I plan to express in that video.
Thank you again for checking! I appreciate your help!
Best regards
Schwendi
1-17 23:37
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Schwendi Posted at 1-17 23:37
Hi DJI Paladin, thank you for checking this for me. The answer is funny, though . But I think I understand. Nowadays, many marketing names, titles etc. are developed with the assistance of AI. So I could imagine, the name Avata was selected or even generated by AI. Very interesting...
Anyway, I will use the finish translation in my video, it just fits extremely well to what I plan to express in that video.
Thank you again for checking! I appreciate your help!

You are very much welcome, Schwendi. Hoping for success in this interesting video that you are working on. We always appreciate your valued support. Have a nice day ahead!
1-19 01:01
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting question. Too bad there is no bald meaning behind this name
2-21 00:02
Use props
Schwendi
lvl.4