On the bottom of the Mini 4 Pro ...
640 14 1-15 08:12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
u77d01
lvl.3
United States

On the bottom of the Mini 4 Pro, very close to the edge where the battery opening is, there is a small transparent rectangular piece of thin plastic covering what appears to be a very small hole. I have also seen this in some (but not all) images of the bottom around the Net. It does not appear that this is meant to be removed. Does anyone know what the purpose of this is? I was thinking perhaps to deal with battery outgassing in a failure situation, but I haven't seen mention of it anywhere. Thanks.
1-15 08:12
Use props
Flying Fortress
lvl.2
Poland

Any photo?
1-15 08:32
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Do you mean the C0 label? It is centered at the bottom next to the battery opening.
1-15 09:03
Use props
u77d01
lvl.3
United States

Here it is. Looks like a tiny hole covered by the plastic. I *have* seen this in some other photos of the Mini 4 Pro that are around.

WELL ... I have the photo but I don't see any way to actually upload it here. I'm not going to hassle with hosting it somewhere with a public URL just for this post.  If there's a method I missed please let me know.
1-15 12:48
Use props
u77d01
lvl.3
United States

Thanks. I wasn't getting any response to clicking Upload earlier. Nothing. After a bunch of page refreshes it looks like it should work now. Here's the photo:

1-15 14:11
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

This is just the C0 mark.
1-15 14:40
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-15 13:00
Click Reply, then the Upload icon right above the text box, browse to your photo, & select it.
Takes a couple of seconds.

yup... that's the right button!
1-15 15:52
Use props
Flying Fortress
lvl.2
Poland

Have anyone tried to press this -=(0)=- button ?
1-15 16:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Based on the image that you posted, this plastic is a C0 sticker. This sticker is related to the EU rules and regulations. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
1-15 20:48
Use props
u77d01
lvl.3
United States

It never occurred to me that a C0 sticker would end up on units shipped to points outside Europe, but I see now that at some point the newly manufactured units appear to have been getting those labels globally. Makes sense. I'd never seen one and didn't realize it had that kind of appearance. Thanks.
1-15 21:32
Use props
u77d01
lvl.3
United States

It does matter in the USA to one extent at least since DJI will now not turn on remote ID unless the plus batteries are used, as opposed to the regular batteries.
1-15 23:23
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

Flying Fortress Posted at 1-15 16:10
Have anyone tried to press this -=(0)=- button ?

It's very dangerous because it activates the self destruction when exceeding the 120m of altitude ...
1-16 00:53
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

Don't worry, in summer, when the drone heats a little more, I think this thingy will drop off by itself, it's not plastic, i's a sticker
1-16 01:08
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-15 22:03
It activates the Corbomite device.

1-16 03:56
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

u77d01 Posted at 1-15 21:32
It never occurred to me that a C0 sticker would end up on units shipped to points outside Europe, but I see now that at some point the newly manufactured units appear to have been getting those labels globally. Makes sense. I'd never seen one and didn't realize it had that kind of appearance. Thanks.

Hello, there. Thank you for responding. To further check this matter, please know that we've sent you a personal message here in the DJI Forum. I hope to hear from you soon.
1-20 02:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules