392 5 1-15 19:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the past I've timelapsed many snowstorms from my apartment balcony with a gopro. Tonight is my first since switiching over to the OA 4. I use an external battery pack to provide power to the camera for the 10-12 hours of the storm. However, the Osmo Action 4 is not charging from the external pack.  I tried a few packs and cables and it won't charge. Now all of these packs have worked on the OA4 before so it's not compatability. It's 26 degrees which isn't brutal could this be stopping the OA4 from charging from an external pack?

1-15 19:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. The charging environment temperature should be within the normal range, too low or too high will affect the charging process. The charging environment temperature of Osmo Action 4 is 5° to 40°. Have a nice day.
1-15 21:02
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-15 21:02
Hi there. The charging environment temperature should be within the normal range, too low or too high will affect the charging process. The charging environment temperature of Osmo Action 4 is 5° to 40°. Have a nice day.

Well I cannot use an external charger on it right now. 29 degrees F out and it won't take an external charge. Looks like I found one thing GoPRO does better ha.
1-15 21:38
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Why do you need to “charge” the battery for that long? Just remove the battery, hook-up a big enough power bank and off you go. Another option could be (if you are at home) is to remove the battery and power it through a USB charger (extension cord from wall outlet, USB charger at the of extension cord - to be exact - and then USB cable to the camera).
1-16 04:54
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

osmonauta Posted at 1-16 04:54
Why do you need to “charge” the battery for that long? Just remove the battery, hook-up a big enough power bank and off you go. Another option could be (if you are at home) is to remove the battery and power it through a USB charger (extension cord from wall outlet, USB charger at the of extension cord - to be exact - and then USB cable to the camera).

I thought battery had to be in device for it to work. So it will run from usb power with no battery inside?
1-16 04:59
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

osmonauta Posted at 1-16 04:54

Thanks again.
1-16 16:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules