Unusual charging behavior on Action 4
314 2 1-17 03:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fell_Wanderer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15807 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,  I've noticed strange charging behaviour while charging the Action 4 via it's USB-C port and PD battery bank. On two separate occasions the camera stopped charging, on the Action 4 there was no green flashing light or battery icon indicating a charge but the battery bank was flashing, indicating it was working?. To solve this, I had to connect my android smart phone to the camera via USB-C cable and in camera settings, toggle between OTG and charging mode, in order to get the camera charging again. The camera will then charge to full with no more problems. I believe this is a bug and I've had no other charging issues with the portable battery bank on other devices. This is just a minor problem for me and an easy work around but thought I'd bring it to the attention of DJI and this forum to help other's with the same issue.

Damian.

1-17 03:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We appreciate you for sharing the troubleshooting steps that you performed the isolate the issue. For us to further investigate the issue, could you please upload a short video showing the operation so we can check it further? We appreciate your valued support.
1-17 22:11
Use props
Fell_Wanderer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15807 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you for your reply, I will make a short video the next time this happens.

Regards,

Damian.
1-18 04:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules