GNSS positions for every frame in *.srt file?
294 14 1-19 19:22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7EKD3rKpvZ4V
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7218363 ft
Australia

Hi there,I am trying to find out if the GNSS positions noted in the *.srt file for videos are actually timed (recorded) per frame or are they merely averaged?
Also trying to find out: If the aircraft (M300, M3E, P4RTK etc) is recieving RTK corrections, are these precise locations the ones which are being captured in the *.srt file with the video or is it merely the low quality GNSS positions?
Thank you for your time and assistance with my enquiry.
1-19 19:22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. For your inquiry, we forwarded to our engineer team to check. We will keep you update soon.
1-19 23:15
Use props
djiuser_7EKD3rKpvZ4V
lvl.2
Australia

Thank you very much.
1-19 23:22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

No worries. It's our pleasure.
1-19 23:33
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, after checking, here is the update for your questions. Hope this could help!

1. The GNSS refresh rate of our aircraft is 5HZ, which is refreshed every 0.2s. The latitude and longitude data recorded in the subtitles is also refreshed every 0.2s.

2. The location captured while the RTK turned on is the GNSS high-precision coordinates.
1-19 23:52
Use props
djiuser_7EKD3rKpvZ4V
lvl.2
Australia

Thank you very much.  This helps a lot.
Just to clarify:  The high-precision coordinates refresh rate is also 5Hz?
Also, are the locations for the actual high precision GNSS module (I.e. The "top-hat" of the drone for the M3E) and not the image centers as would be the case if taking images?
1-20 00:08
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_7EKD3rKpvZ4V Posted at 1-20 00:08
Thank you very much.  This helps a lot.
Just to clarify:  The high-precision coordinates refresh rate is also 5Hz?
Also, are the locations for the actual high precision GNSS module (I.e. The "top-hat" of the drone for the M3E) and not the image centers as would be the case if taking images?

Hi there, yes it's the same, and the refresh rate is also 5Hz.
1-20 01:29
Use props
djiuser_7EKD3rKpvZ4V
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 1-20 01:29
Hi there, yes it's the same, and the refresh rate is also 5Hz.

Thank you very much for your help with this!
4-10 17:21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_7EKD3rKpvZ4V Posted at 4-10 17:21
Thank you very much for your help with this!

You're very welcome! We are glad we could assist you. If you have any more questions or need further help, feel free to ask.
4-10 18:17
Use props
djiuser_7EKD3rKpvZ4V
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks again Susan.  Do your engineers have a tool for exporting the coordinates, (Lat/Long/Abs Elevation) for each frame from these *.srt files?
4-10 21:02
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_7EKD3rKpvZ4V Posted at 4-10 21:02
Thanks again Susan.  Do your engineers have a tool for exporting the coordinates, (Lat/Long/Abs Elevation) for each frame from these *.srt files?

Hello.SRT files can be opened through Notepad on Windows, or downloaded Notepad to open, you can see the text content recorded inside.
4-10 23:37
Use props
djiuser_7EKD3rKpvZ4V
lvl.2
Australia

Thank you.  I have been extracting the data manually but was more wondering if there was a program for converting the file to another format.  If there is nothing already existing, I will stick with manual operations or use something online.
4-11 00:10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_7EKD3rKpvZ4V Posted at 4-11 00:10
Thank you.  I have been extracting the data manually but was more wondering if there was a program for converting the file to another format.  If there is nothing already existing, I will stick with manual operations or use something online.

You’re welcome. While we don’t currently have a dedicated program for converting *.srt files into another format with latitude, longitude, and absolute elevation data, we appreciate your feedback, and will be forwarded to our engineering team for further evaluation. In the meantime, if manual extraction or online tools are suitable for your needs, that’s great. Should you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
4-11 00:32
Use props
djiuser_7EKD3rKpvZ4V
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 4-11 00:32
You’re welcome. While we don’t currently have a dedicated program for converting *.srt files into another format with latitude, longitude, and absolute elevation data, we appreciate your feedback, and will be forwarded to our engineering team for further evaluation. In the meantime, if manual extraction or online tools are suitable for your needs, that’s great. Should you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thank you Susan.
4-12 18:46
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
4-12 22:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules