Noob's Xmas '24 wish list for DJI
142 1 1-20 02:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pareidolia
lvl.2

Japan

Hi everybody,

First post from me. After playing around with the Mini 4 Pro, I am really enjoying it but found a few things I wish we could have. So here we go from a total noob:

* Ability to reverse the gimbal's rotation when using the left dial:
The current setting feels so counter-intuitive to me and I keep missing shots. I wish I could change that in the settings.

* Ability to tracking when there is an altitude change:
The tracking mode is a great selling point and it works very well when tracking people or objects on flat surfaces. As soon as you introduce rapid altitude changes such as when trying to follow skiers or snowboarders, then it simply fails very rapidly. Given that the Mini 4 Pro now has all-around sensors, it would be great if DJI could start experimenting with this. Most of us do not live in flat areas.

* A more flexible maximum altitude:
Currently the maximum altitude in my DJI fly app is 500m. While where I live I can fly up to 150m, it is a limit that is AGL. Meanwhile the 500m limit is against the drone's Home point. So, if you fly up a mountain following its countour and staying within the 150m AGL limit you can end-up bumping against the 500m limit that is set against your home point, even though you are still following the 150m limit.
While typing this I just thought of a solution which would be to change the location of the home point once you bump against the 500m limit. I am not sure if that would work, I'll have to test that. A more flexible maximum altitude would be a lot easier.

* Ability of the drone to estimate ground altitude:
This is related to the point above about altitude above ground level (AGL) and above the home point (AHP). A drone does not have a ground radar like an airplane. The drone establishes the home point by looking at the GPS location of the HP on the map. Then as the drone moves, from what I have read, the drone uses a barometric sensor to estimate altitude AHP.
Without using a ground radar, if the drone knows the original altitude (ASL) of the Home Point using the GPS location on the map, the altitude AHP using barometric pressure and the current altitude (ASL) using the GPS location and the map, then the drone should be able to estimate the altitude AGL.
Example:
* The drone knows that the altitude of the home point is at 1,000m ASL given the GPS coordinates and the map.
* The drone flies uphill
* The drone's barometric pressure indicates that it is at 75m AHP
* The drone's GPS indicates a position with an altitude of 1,050m ASL
* We then estimate an altitude AGL of 25m (1,000 ASL +75 AHP - 1050 ASL)
My thinking may be totally flawed if the drone cannot estimate altitude from a map and a GPS coordinate. Being able to do this would be fantastic given the right number of GPS satellites and accurate maps.

* Ability to save some custom moves:
If I want to move backward and lower while moving my camera slowly down all at specific rates while facing a slope, it can be quite tough to do. Having such a move (and others) saved in a prefered moves menu would be great. The cruise control option is very useful but the combination of moves cannot be saved.

That's all I could think about based on my limited knowledge. Despite the above points I am really enjoying flying the drone and was even able to do a nice video on my second flight (albeit with jerky gimbal moves...) already!

Cheers
1-20 02:17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your feedback to the related department. This will help us optimize and improve the product. Thank you for your great support.
1-20 21:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules