1716 13 1-22 06:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Got a new Mic 2 transmitter here.

My unterstanding is that by default it records 24bit audio in wav, and the low cut filter is set to off.

Using the transmitter alone, how do I turn on the low cut filter, and change the audio quality for example to actually make use of the 32bit float?

It's my understanding there isn't a DJI Mic app, and the manual doesn't mention anything about any of the settings.

I've also noticed that the gain seems very low, like the mic has to be right next to my mouth to pick up anything. This obviosuly isn't great especially given the transmitter is stuck in 24bit mode. The recordings themselves seem to missing some brightness.
1-22 06:55
Use props
madao05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1445400 ft
Italy

I have the same problem…
Apparently No way to change those settings without a receiver
1-22 08:24
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
United Kingdom

That is a huge issue for anyone buying one for their Action 4, or similar.

No low cut filter
No gain control
No audio quality control

DJI don't mention that. It's possibly a negligent misrepresentation.

If they had something as simple as a setting file on the internal storage or better yet an app, that would solve the problems.

Already contacted customer support though, as at the moment it's unuseable. The volume of any recordings is far to low I can barely hear it. For example, you can't wear it as a lav mic, the volume is too low, you can't put devices between two poeple standing next to each other and speaking at normal, as they can't be heard. I don't know if my unit is just faulty in that regard. I could crank up the volume in post, but remember it's stuck in 24bit mode.
1-22 08:41
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-22 08:41
That is a huge issue for anyone buying one for their Action 4, or similar.

No low cut filter

Action 4 mic settings are in the pro options this includes noise reduction and gain control -12 thru +12, there is an option to enable 32bit float and low cut in wireless mic menu.
1-22 11:52
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So the action 4 can change settings on the transmitter? Or do they only apply to the A4? If it can then that is very good to know.
1-22 11:54
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-22 11:54
So the action 4 can change settings on the transmitter? Or do they only apply to the A4? If it can then that is very good to know.

Only the TX can record 32bit float whether that persists if the TX is switched off then on again after triggering via the Action 4  is another question & would require interrogation it could default to 24bit etc. The lack of a stand alone app or button combo pushes for some features is rather short sighted of DJI unless the original plan was only to supply 2xTX&1xRX and 1xTX&1xRX combos more worrying is the tube reviewers always miss these things
1-22 12:15
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 1-22 12:15
Only the TX can record 32bit float whether that persists if the TX is switched off then on again after triggering via the Action 4  is another question & would require interrogation it could default to 24bit etc. The lack of a stand alone app or button combo pushes for some features is rather short sighted of DJI unless the original plan was only to supply 2xTX&1xRX and 1xTX&1xRX combos more worrying is the tube reviewers always miss these things

The settings are saved. As above, there is a menu in the PRO mode that you slide up to view fully. You can set 32-bit, low cut, etc. If you turn off the A4 and back on again, the settings used with be those you last set in the menu.
1-22 12:22
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Natural Sounds and Sights Posted at 1-22 12:22
The settings are saved. As above, there is a menu in the PRO mode that you slide up to view fully. You can set 32-bit, low cut, etc. If you turn off the A4 and back on again, the settings used with be those you last set in the menu.

The question was for the TX unit setting being saved not the A4 setting, hence if the TX is used stand alone after the setting has been applied does it persist session to session when the A4 is not used….
1-22 12:27
Use props
djiuser_nhSW64Bmh7nB
lvl.2

Spain

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 1-22 12:27
The question was for the TX unit setting being saved not the A4 setting, hence if the TX is used stand alone after the setting has been applied does it persist session to session when the A4 is not used….

I have not tested every possible setting yet, but yes.  Seems so. Certainly if you set it to 24 bit, it stays 24 bit, likewise 32 bit and low cut, etc.

That said these are the last devices I'd use if a standalone recorder function was  the key aim. I'd look at a Tascam DR10 or Zoom F2 instead. Much better in every respect.  TBH, the MIC 2 is mediocre in absolute recording quality terms.  Things like mic capsule quality, preamps, ADC's are not close to the Tascam or Zoom, and not even in the same universe as a Sound Devices Mixpre II. I recently added a Zoom Mictrac M3 to my bag, and very impressed with that. Mid-Side mic array.  Using it for environmental sounds and some boom use.
1-22 22:04
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are referring to the DJI Mic 2 using a mobile device alone? If you are pertaining to the DJI Osmo Action 4 using the DJI Mic 2, you may adjust some parameters via Pro mode. DJI Mic 2 also supports quick adjusting of transmitter gain. The operation steps are as follows:

1. The operation steps for the receiver:
Press the dial once to select the RX area on the receiver screen. Then, by moving the dial left or right, you can decrease or increase the RX gain (from -12dB to +12dB).

2. The operation steps for transmitters:
Press the dial twice to select TX 1 on the receiver screen. Then, by moving the dial left or right, you can decrease or increase the TX gain (from -12dB to +12dB).

Press the dial three times to select TX 2 on the receiver screen. Then, by moving the dial left or right, you can decrease or increase the TX gain (from -12dB to +12dB).
1-23 01:07
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-23 01:07
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are referring to the DJI Mic 2 using a mobile device alone? If you are pertaining to the DJI Osmo Action 4 using the DJI Mic 2, you may adjust some parameters via Pro mode. DJI Mic 2 also supports quick adjusting of transmitter gain. The operation steps are as follows:

1. The operation steps for the receiver:

I don't have an action 4 or a Mic 2 Receiver at the moment.

I'm talking only about the Mic 2 Transmitter only.

Using the transmitter only, there no way at all to do the following:

1) change the gain
2) change from 24bit to 32bit float
3) Turn on the low cut filter

Instead we get a button to change the noise cancelling, but no method to change any of the above features.

This is a massive oversight from DJI and a big problem for those who might use he transmitter alone, or with a bluetooth device.

It is something DJI could easily fix either by an app, a configuration file, or a combination of button presses. The tranmitter alone is useless otherwise, so hopefully you address this in a firmware update.

There is also no mention of this limitation on the DJI website, or in the manuals.

1-23 01:37
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

No mentioning of transmitter alone to Increase by incriments via a  button, like the Rec LONG press9OR ON/OFF SHORT PRESS) to swap between  rx and camera.  maybe down the road they will add in. they got two other buttons to use for gain control.   Glad I was not the only one, and Man,  Maybe I should HOLD OFF
1-23 05:28
Use props
Daimler Naranjo
lvl.1

Colombia

Tengo una pequeña teoría, Dji trata de conectar un dispositivo con IA a los celulares de Android e IOS . A quien se le pasó por la cabeza que  Apple o Google le iba a dar acceso. Lo digo porque día tras día encontré que las platafomas anularon el acceso del micrófono y ahora también las app de video.
1-24 12:24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-23 01:37
I don't have an action 4 or a Mic 2 Receiver at the moment.

I'm talking only about the Mic 2 Transmitter only.

Hello. We always appreciate every valuable suggestion of our valued customers. We will take this as a suggestion of yours and rest assured that this will be forwarded to our designated team for future consideration. Thank you for your valued support.
1-25 02:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules