Air 2s video recording wavy sometimes
538 12 1-23 15:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tonyvdb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1512244 ft
Canada

Good day everyone, My Air 2s recently has been doing something strange. I get waves or ripples moving through the video. It is intermitant and only happends off and on.
It started in October of last year and now when it does it it is very noticable. Ive flown in weather conditions like this for several years and never had this issue before. any thoughts as to what is happening?
1-23 15:36
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If ever the drone crashes or experiences any collisions, we recommend sending the drone for diagnosis. If not, can you please follow the steps below? (feel free to skip some steps if was already done):
1. Make sure to remove the gimbal protector before powering on the aircraft to prevent the gimbal motor from being stuck, or the gimbal will become shaky.
2. Please check whether the aircraft is in Sports mode (S-mode) when the gimbal becomes shaky. In S-mode, greater emphasis is placed on flight performance. During flight, when the aircraft attitude is too large, the gimbal attitude stabilization cannot be guaranteed. If the gimbal is shaky in S-mode only, which is normal, please switch the flight mode of the aircraft to Normal mode (N-mode) or Cine mode (C-mode) to achieve a more stable view.
3. Please check whether the wind was strong in the flight environment. If the wind is too strong, the aircraft will vibrate, resulting in the image transmission screen being shaky. We recommend that you test the gimbal in a windless or breezy environment.
4. Please perform gimbal calibration in the app. Using with DJI Fly: [Settings -> Control -> Gimbal Calibration].
Have a nice day.
1-23 19:17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that same type of issue recently and I put in a new SD Card and the issue was resolved.  I hope you get it solved as that can be very frustrating.  
1-24 04:32
Use props
Tonyvdb
lvl.3
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-24 04:32
I had that same type of issue recently and I put in a new SD Card and the issue was resolved.  I hope you get it solved as that can be very frustrating.

Ok, I have purchased 2 new Sandisc Extreme Pro cards and will try this weekend.
1-24 18:07
Use props
Tonyvdb
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 1-23 19:17
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If ever the drone crashes or experiences any collisions, we recommend sending the drone for diagnosis. If not, can you please follow the steps below? (feel free to skip some steps if was already done):
1. Make sure to remove the gimbal protector before powering on the aircraft to prevent the gimbal motor from being stuck, or the gimbal will become shaky.
2. Please check whether the aircraft is in Sports mode (S-mode) when the gimbal becomes shaky. In S-mode, greater emphasis is placed on flight performance. During flight, when the aircraft attitude is too large, the gimbal attitude stabilization cannot be guaranteed. If the gimbal is shaky in S-mode only, which is normal, please switch the flight mode of the aircraft to Normal mode (N-mode) or Cine mode (C-mode) to achieve a more stable view.

I have already done all of the above, I will replace the memory card and see if that helps although i have heard that this is a common problem in the colder weather and putting an ND filter on usually fixes the issue so I will try that also
1-24 18:08
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tonyvdb Posted at 1-24 18:07
Ok, I have purchased 2 new Sandisc Extreme Pro cards and will try this weekend.

I hope it resolves your issue.  All I know is it certainly fixed my similar issue.
1-25 08:42
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tonyvdb Posted at 1-24 18:08
I have already done all of the above, I will replace the memory card and see if that helps although i have heard that this is a common problem in the colder weather and putting an ND filter on usually fixes the issue so I will try that also

I see. I hope replacing the  MicroSD solves the problem. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
1-27 00:44
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I had this problem one day while shooting and the problem happened I found because of winds aloft.  When flying my drone at certain altitudes I found that the wind speeds changed direction and speeds.  The speed and direction can be different then what it is on the ground, and in my case it was.  As soon as I got it down to the ground level the swaying went away.  The winds aloft were 35 mph at 300 ft and coming from the north while on the ground it was coming from the south at 10 mph.
1-27 11:21
Use props
Tonyvdb
lvl.3
Canada

Shawgod Posted at 1-27 11:21
I had this problem one day while shooting and the problem happened I found because of winds aloft.  When flying my drone at certain altitudes I found that the wind speeds changed direction and speeds.  The speed and direction can be different then what it is on the ground, and in my case it was.  As soon as I got it down to the ground level the swaying went away.  The winds aloft were 35 mph at 300 ft and coming from the north while on the ground it was coming from the south at 10 mph.

There were no winds, I do find that in the really cold weather the props spinning create a false wind reading
1-29 19:56
Use props
Tonyvdb
lvl.3
Canada

So after replacing the card with a new extreme pro card it did seem to be better as i filmed in near freezing temperatures again. I did see a couple spots in the video where it did jitter a bit but it was much less than before. I will keep you updated as i continue testing over the next few weeks.
1-29 19:58
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Tonyvdb Posted at 1-29 19:56
There were no winds, I do find that in the really cold weather the props spinning create a false wind reading

I am saying there may not of been winds at ground level, but when you were flying the drone could have run into winds at the altitude it was.  It would be hard to tell if it had run into them, but it is possible.
1-31 06:14
Use props
Tonyvdb
lvl.3
Canada

Shawgod Posted at 1-31 06:14
I am saying there may not of been winds at ground level, but when you were flying the drone could have run into winds at the altitude it was.  It would be hard to tell if it had run into them, but it is possible.

I can assure you the waves in the video is not caused by wind. Its related to temperature and camera its self not being able to cope, the cold seems to reduce the camera ability to process the image when its bright out and snow on the ground . Lots of posts about this issue all over the place. I have found using an ND filter helps.
2-2 18:51
Use props
Tonyvdb
lvl.3
Canada

Ok, need to post another video because I am still seeing the same wavy video  issues.  It comes and goes. I have replaced the SD card (fastest sandisc you can get) and recorded in 4k/60 which is different than I usually do at 2.7k/60
Hopefully someone can tell me what is going on here, This was filmed a week ago and the temperature was -3c and NO wind in the sunshine.
3-16 13:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules