Mini 4 Pro + Fly more Combo = Deceptive Package from dealers??
693 11 1-24 23:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BikeFun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21188 ft
Germany

Hello @ALL :-)

I'm about to buy a DJI Mini 4 Pro and I noticed the following important point:
Fly More Combo is not the same as Fly More Combo!!

While DJI itself and some other retailers have retained the scope of delivery that was actually always included in the “Fly More Combo” package (e.g. also with the Mini 3 Pro), just as many retailers are suddenly reducing this scope of delivery, but still call the package “Fly More Combo”!

The best example of this is Amazon - at least in Germany! Here the “Fly-Mor-Combo” package suddenly only contains the drone, the RC2 remote control, two additional batteries and the charger for 3 batteries. No more bag, no more spare propellers, no more screws - and apparently not even cables.

I don't understand! I had thought that the name “Fly More Combo” would be “protected” by DJI, like the product name. However, this does not seem to be the case.

What do you think of such deceptive packages? Do you also think that DJI should pay attention to this and put a stop to retailers from this dubious behavior? Have you had similar experiences?

So keep your eyes open when buying, because “Fly More Combo” is not the same as “Fly more Combo”! (although it should be!!)

Regards,
BikeFun :-)

1-24 23:55
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4354 ft
Switzerland

Stange! My Fly More Combo came in a sealed box so I don’t see how the retailers have any choice but to supply the official contents. Do you have a link to the offer in question?
1-25 00:28
Use props
BikeFun
lvl.1
Germany

StepCH Posted at 1-25 00:28
Stange! My Fly More Combo came in a sealed box so I don’t see how the retailers have any choice but to supply the official contents. Do you have a link to the offer in question?

Yes, of course! To stay on Amazon, here´s the link - as an example

https://www.amazon.de/DJI-Fernsteuerung-Bildschirmfernsteuerung-Mini-Drohne-zus%C3%A4tzliche/dp/B0CFF4RYDM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2XVN9KKKYC1QG&keywords=dji+mini+4+pro+fly+more+combo&qid=1706173817&sprefix=dji+mini+4+pro+fly%2Caps%2C72&sr=8-2
1-25 01:08
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4354 ft
Switzerland

I suspect this is just poor presentation from the retailer. The Item model number ‏is listed under product details as: ‎ CP.MA.00000735.02. I can't verify this with my own M4P as it's just arrived at the Dji repair centre but searching for this number gives other retailers where I found the corresponding EAN code: 6941565969101. I can confirm this correlates with the EAN code of my M4P Fly More package, which included 3 sets of propellers, cables etc.

Under Product Description they added:

DJI Mini 4 Pro (DJI RC 2 remote control) includes the drone, DJI RC 2 remote control and a DJI Mini 4 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery.
and:
DJI Mini 4 Pro Fly More Combo (DJI RC 2 remote control) includes the remote control 2, three batteries and a battery charging station!
*** doesn't even mention the drone! ***

I wouldn't take the descriptions too seriously. They probably just included the most important components in the text. On the other hand, you might ask yourself whether this is a reputable retailer???
1-25 03:56
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

BikeFun Posted at 1-25 01:08
Yes, of course! To stay on Amazon, here´s the link - as an example

https://www.amazon.de/DJI-Fernsteuerung-Bildschirmfernsteuerung-Mini-Drohne-zus%C3%A4tzliche/dp/B0CFF4RYDM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2XVN9KKKYC1QG&keywords=dji+mini+4+pro+fly+more+combo&qid=1706173817&sprefix=dji+mini+4+pro+fly%2Caps%2C72&sr=8-2

Why would you go for this ad, when it's the same price as at Mediamarkt (Germany). And if you are lucky to live near the Dutch border, you can nip over the border and pick one up at a Dutch Mediamarkt store (not online!) at a considerable lower price (for the next couple of days).
1-25 04:01
Use props
BikeFun
lvl.1
Germany

@StepCH "...I wouldn't take the descriptions too seriously...." --> You might be right, but Amazon is usually very careful about describing what's included! And if it's not included in the scope of delivery - as you can see - then it's usually not included - so no bag listed usually menas that there´s no bag etc... ;-)!

@Frank071 "...Why would you go for this ad, when it's the same price as at Mediamarkt (Germany)...." --> Well, Frank yeah, its the same price @ Mediamarkt - and also the same deceptive package, as you see at their todays ad:

As you can see, Mediamarkt doesn't deliver the complete package also - at least according to the pictures and text description! And unfortunately I don't live near the Dutch border

In contrast, here is an offer like it is usual with the Fly More Combo package, they show it in the pictures:

and also say exactly what is included:

1-25 05:55
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

BikeFun Posted at 1-25 05:55
@StepCH "...I wouldn't take the descriptions too seriously...." --> You might be right, but Amazon is usually very careful about describing what's included! And if it's not included in the scope of delivery - as you can see - then it's usually not included - so no bag listed usually menas that there´s no bag etc... ;-)!

@Frank071 "...Why would you go for this ad, when it's the same price as at Mediamarkt (Germany)...." --> Well, Frank yeah, its the same price @ Mediamarkt - and also the same deceptive package, as you see at their todays ad:

I can tell you from my own experience that the MediaMarkt offers the correct product. I think the confusion comes from what one counts as extra. Like: the package contains a complete drone (including its battery) and two extra. You can also say it contains 3 batteries. With propellers the situation is that DJI always includes screws. So 3 sets of spare propellers also include 18 screws (6 per set).
1-26 00:02
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi BikeFun, thank you for your report, we will take note of your feedback and forward it to the corresponding team for their attention. Currently, you may check out the in-the-box list of the products you are going to purchase (if it has) or confirm with the reseller to ensure that everything is well. Or you can purchase it from our official DJI Store, link: https://store.dji.com/de/product/dji-mini-4-pro?vid=148641.
Thank you for your attention.
1-26 02:25
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Hey BikeFun, its nice to have the extra parts, but I can't say in 3 years of flying I've ever had to change a propeller as I use a landing pad or hand launch and land. I've found the stock soft DJI case pretty useless for the drone as everything is just too tightly packed in there. I picked up a hard case for My mini 3 pro and had 2 of the soft cases sitting around. I got this case for my Mini 4 Pro/RC2 and highly recommend it.
https://www.amazon.ca/FPVtosky-W ... amp;sr=8-8&th=1
I just leave the batteries in the drone and charge hub, and created lots of storage space that way for other goodies. I also found a good use for the soft case after buying the Integra goggles and motion 2 as they fit in the soft case better than the drone and controller ever did lol.
1-26 19:27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi BikeFun, I have received a reply from the corresponding team, as per the team, the package sold is actually the correct/same package as sold in DJI Store, you can check the item list on the page.
The first picture of the package only shows the main parts of the package because of the aesthetic. Sorry for any confusion, thank you for your attention as well.
Please also let me know if you have purchased the package and found out there are missing parts in the package. Thank you.
1-28 01:37
Use props
BikeFun
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 1-28 01:37
Hi BikeFun, I have received a reply from the corresponding team, as per the team, the package sold is actually the correct/same package as sold in DJI Store, you can check the item list on the page.
The first picture of the package only shows the main parts of the package because of the aesthetic. Sorry for any confusion, thank you for your attention as well.
Please also let me know if you have purchased the package and found out there are missing parts in the package. Thank you.

Thanks for your answer @ DJI Susan - and you were right! I bought the mini 4 pro fly more combo package today at amazones and contrary to what the photos led me to believe, the package included all accessories. So I'm happy now and proud owner of my new mini 4 pro :-)

Regards, BikeFun
2-2 15:54
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BikeFun Posted at 2-2 15:54
Thanks for your answer @ DJI Susan - and you were right! I bought the mini 4 pro fly more combo package today at amazones and contrary to what the photos led me to believe, the package included all accessories. So I'm happy now and proud owner of my new mini 4 pro :-)

Regards, BikeFun

Thank you for your feedback! Happy to hear that you've got the drone! Thank you for your support as well. Happy and safe flying.
2-2 19:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules