778 18 2-2 13:20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neuromod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 925869 ft

Chile

Hello,

On 2 occasions after updating the firmware I have experienced situations where the Drone behaves in a very erratic way and I was wondering if anybody had a similar experience or knew what it could be wrong.

What I've noticed is that while flying the drone and and getting less than the max number of signal quality bars flying back does not improve the signal quality, even when I get the drone 3 m away from the RC2. While flying back the drone shows all kind of wierd behavior: the video transmission gets sloppy and the AR H symbol moves erratically, the camera does not seem to work properly as changing camera settings and taking pictures does not seem to work.

Today, the moment I began seeing this behavior I flew it back and had it hovering 3 m next to me and performed continuous rotations around its axis. I would say that at least once every 10 seconds the video froze for a 0.5 to 1.0 s and then resumed (during this close range test the drone showed yellow signal strength (3 bars or so)).

Another day, I turned it on, and noticed that sometimes signal dropped really low with a message about poor signal. And this was with the drone 1 m apart from the RC2. What could be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance

2-2 13:20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there, sorry to hear that, regarding the issues you noted, would you like to do the following inspections?
1. Regarding the issue that the camera cannot work properly, like adjusting the settings, you can reset the camera parameters in the APP settings page and check whether the SD card is a high-speed card. Besides, you can also switch to onboard memory options to see if it's working well.
2. Regarding the issue of stuck video transmission and weak remote control signal, if the flight distance of the drone does not exceed the maximum effective distance of the remote control signal, you can check the following aspects: firstly, check the remote controller antenna position (refer to the User Manual of each model for the best position of remote controller antenna). Secondly,  check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Thirdly, check whether the channel selection is set to Auto in the image transmission settings of the corresponding app. (Set the channel selection to “Auto”, and if the interference is still high, recommend changing the flight environment.). Fourthly, check whether the device is too hot. (Cool it for a while before the flight. For most mobile devices, when the temperature rises to a certain threshold value, it will automatically decelerate the data processing speed.).
2-2 22:32
Use props
Neuromod
lvl.2

Chile

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-2 22:32
Hi there, sorry to hear that, regarding the issues you noted, would you like to do the following inspections?
1. Regarding the issue that the camera cannot work properly, like adjusting the settings, you can reset the camera parameters in the APP settings page and check whether the SD card is a high-speed card. Besides, you can also switch to onboard memory options to see if it's working well.
2. Regarding the issue of stuck video transmission and weak remote control signal, if the flight distance of the drone does not exceed the maximum effective distance of the remote control signal, you can check the following aspects: firstly, check the remote controller antenna position (refer to the User Manual of each model for the best position of remote controller antenna). Secondly,  check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Thirdly, check whether the channel selection is set to Auto in the image transmission settings of the corresponding app. (Set the channel selection to “Auto”, and if the interference is still high, recommend changing the flight environment.). Fourthly, check whether the device is too hot. (Cool it for a while before the flight. For most mobile devices, when the temperature rises to a certain threshold value, it will automatically decelerate the data processing speed.).

Thanks for the reply DJI Wanda.

I did some tests again. Everything was going smooth and ok until I lost signal for a few seconds and the RTH got activated. When I got the video link back while in RTH, I stopped RTH and then the stuff (not sure if it's the drone or RC2) got weird again.

Actions had some serious delay, for instance when I tried to perform a yaw rotation, I would see the effect with a delay of around 1 second. The H symbol also didn't stay where it should and moved erratically.

When i landed the drone, I noticed that signal strength was jumping around high signal strength to very low, even when the transmitter was next to the drone. I moved to the screen that allows one to see if there is any noise, and spectrum looked quite clean.

2-13 19:03
Use props
Neuromod
lvl.2

Chile

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-2 22:32

The camera problem is not related to the SD card or recording settings, it usually works perfect. But when it doesn't, the drone becomes "laggy", or unresponsive of pressing the take photo or begin recording buttons.

As of the antenna I did everything that you suggested. About the temperature I'm not sure how much is too hot, but I've seen these problems right from the start as soon as I begin flying, at an ambient temperature of around 25C.
2-16 17:53
Use props
Neuromod
lvl.2

Chile

I still haven't solved this problem...
2-20 17:44
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Neuromod Posted at 2-20 17:44
I still haven't solved this problem...

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. You can try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 and then test it again in a different place broad and with less interference to see if the issue still exists. If so, please provide us with a video for further confirmation. https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-4-pro
2-20 23:12
Use props
Neuromod
lvl.2

Chile

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-20 23:12
Hi there, sorry for the late reply. You can try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 and then test it again in a different place broad and with less interference to see if the issue still exists. If so, please provide us with a video for further confirmation. https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-4-pro

In the first link you can see the drone over an outdoor table failign to respond to camera setting changes. And also when tilting the camera it doesn't updatate the angles smoothly. The signal appears at max power. This behavior usually occurs once I begin getting this "low signal" problems, which as I said don't appear to be really related to poor signals, as they don't appear to be affected by the distance that I am from the drone

On the second video I'm flying in my apartment. There I got "low signal" problem, video looks very bad and gets stuck all the time. The drone is flying and flying control works perfectly, but camera setting changes have problems. I can tilt the camera well, but the angle doesn't update often. Camera recording mode changes don't work at all.

After I changed the battery and flew again and all problems were gone. I have had this issues while flying outdoors and its quite scary!

2-26 05:28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Neuromod Posted at 2-26 05:28
In the first link you can see the drone over an outdoor table failign to respond to camera setting changes. And also when tilting the camera it doesn't updatate the angles smoothly. The signal appears at max power. This behavior usually occurs once I begin getting this "low signal" problems, which as I said don't appear to be really related to poor signals, as they don't appear to be affected by the distance that I am from the drone

May I ask if you've refreshed the firmware? You mentioned that the issue was gone after switching the battery. Could you please tell us if the issue will occur again when switching back?
2-27 00:58
Use props
Neuromod
lvl.2

Chile

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-27 00:58
May I ask if you've refreshed the firmware? You mentioned that the issue was gone after switching the battery. Could you please tell us if the issue will occur again when switching back?

Yes, those videos were recoded after reupdating the firmware to the last version. I did not try the previous battery again. I have 3 batteries, the problem kicked after around 10 mins of outdoor flying. I then switched the battery and the problem persisted, then I did some indoor tests, and recorded the videos. After switching the second battery problems were gone. Today I tried every single battery in an indoor test and flew a few seconds with each and I had no problem at all. All 3 batteries had around 50% charge.  
2-27 18:22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Neuromod Posted at 2-27 18:22
Yes, those videos were recoded after reupdating the firmware to the last version. I did not try the previous battery again. I have 3 batteries, the problem kicked after around 10 mins of outdoor flying. I then switched the battery and the problem persisted, then I did some indoor tests, and recorded the videos. After switching the second battery problems were gone. Today I tried every single battery in an indoor test and flew a few seconds with each and I had no problem at all. All 3 batteries had around 50% charge.

If the problem doesn't reoccur, it may have happened by accident. If the problem recurs, you can try clearing the cache to see if that helps.
2-27 23:38
Use props
Neuromod
lvl.2

Chile

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-27 23:38
If the problem doesn't reoccur, it may have happened by accident. If the problem recurs, you can try clearing the cache to see if that helps.

The problem occurs randomly, usually in the middle of the flight. Today I erased all the caches, and tested it indoor, and got the same problems, as the one shown in previous videos with the addition that this time I got a complete signal loss for 3 seconds.

3-1 17:28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Neuromod Posted at 3-1 17:28
The problem occurs randomly, usually in the middle of the flight. Today I erased all the caches, and tested it indoor, and got the same problems, as the one shown in previous videos with the addition that this time I got a complete signal loss for 3 seconds.

In order to avoid indoor interference, we still recommend that you conduct the test in an open area outdoors. When the problem occurs outdoors, please record a video.
3-3 05:00
Use props
djiuser_5REayBX8EC6l
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just checking this sends my last one didnt
3-3 06:09
Use props
djiuser_5REayBX8EC6l
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My mini pro 4 has started acting strange. Firstly on take off it started making a vibration noise. When hovering before flight the warning red ring appears on my screen with alarm going off to stop this I have to lift further away from the ground to stop it.
The biggest problem is my drone has gone mad regarding movement on the Joysticks I only have to slightly brush them and the drone aggressively jerks and tips & seems out of control.
As far as I'm aware my Expo settings are set fine? I googled how to adjust the sensitivity thinking that may help, it advices to go into advance settings to adjust but I do not have the option to adjust sensitivity. I can not fly my drone in this state as I'm a beginner and heavy handed so need the least sensitivity settings possible.
I  do hope someone can help it would be much appreciated
3-3 07:22
Use props
Neuromod
lvl.2

Chile

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-3 05:00
In order to avoid indoor interference, we still recommend that you conduct the test in an open area outdoors. When the problem occurs outdoors, please record a video.

Here is an outdoor short video where, just like in previous videos, I can't change the camera settings anymore. I was flying fine and then all of a sudden I signal begins changing continuously between weak and strong, the drone begins to take time to respond to movement commands, and video image keeps freezing. After flying back to the home position I did some tests, which is what you can see in the video. It is not possible to see in the video but the rotation commands had a significant delay too.

A new issue I experienced is that when I pressed the record screen button, the screen turned all black. This occurred  like 4 times in a row.

3-3 16:27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Neuromod Posted at 3-3 16:27
Here is an outdoor short video where, just like in previous videos, I can't change the camera settings anymore. I was flying fine and then all of a sudden I signal begins changing continuously between weak and strong, the drone begins to take time to respond to movement commands, and video image keeps freezing. After flying back to the home position I did some tests, which is what you can see in the video. It is not possible to see in the video but the rotation commands had a significant delay too.

A new issue I experienced is that when I pressed the record screen button, the screen turned all black. This occurred  like 4 times in a row.

Thanks for the update. Could you please factory reset the DJI RC 2 and remove the SD card for a test? You can Swipe down the screen twice > Tap on the Settings icon at the top right corner > System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset).
3-5 23:54
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_5REayBX8EC6l Posted at 3-3 07:22
My mini pro 4 has started acting strange. Firstly on take off it started making a vibration noise. When hovering before flight the warning red ring appears on my screen with alarm going off to stop this I have to lift further away from the ground to stop it.
The biggest problem is my drone has gone mad regarding movement on the Joysticks I only have to slightly brush them and the drone aggressively jerks and tips & seems out of control.
As far as I'm aware my Expo settings are set fine? I googled how to adjust the sensitivity thinking that may help, it advices to go into advance settings to adjust but I do not have the option to adjust sensitivity. I can not fly my drone in this state as I'm a beginner and heavy handed so need the least sensitivity settings possible.

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I ask if the issue still exists? If so, could you please provide us with a video for further confirmation? As for the control issue, you can go to Settings-Control-Gain&Expo Tuning-Reset Current Settings to see if it helps.
3-5 23:59
Use props
Neuromod
lvl.2

Chile

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-5 23:54
Thanks for the update. Could you please factory reset the DJI RC 2 and remove the SD card for a test? You can Swipe down the screen twice > Tap on the Settings icon at the top right corner > System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset).

Hello, I did the factory reset. But problem persists, here is another video. I tried multiple video setting options that failed. Interestingly the camera tilt works but the zoom in/out fails.

3-9 15:27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Neuromod Posted at 3-9 15:27
Hello, I did the factory reset. But problem persists, here is another video. I tried multiple video setting options that failed. Interestingly the camera tilt works but the zoom in/out fails.

https://youtu.be/tMTARwppnEs

In this case, you can submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
3-12 03:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules