Flight test App 1.12.8, AC 01.00.0300, RC 02.00.0500
592 6 1-26 08:08
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Installed App 1.12.8, AC 01.00.0300, RC 02.00.0500 on my Mini 4 Pro and RC2 and gave it a quick flight test before work. Seems all good, and so far my AR homepoint is showing correctly. Satelite lock happened quickly in spite of being around buildings, and everything seems to work as it should! Will go for a longer flying session on the weekend weather permitting.

Went out for a longer flight and the AR home point is still disappearing, and takes a re start of the drone to re appear. Also see that the Homepoint often doesn't show home point updated till after I take off to a meter off the ground.

1-26 08:08
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Good to know. I updated today but need to wait with flying until the wind is gone.
1-26 11:50
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Went out for a couple hours flying today with my mini 4 Pro and RC controller to see how App 1.12.8, AC 01.00.0300, RC 02.00.0500 update worked. AR homepoint lasted all of 10 minutes, then disappears until I re start the drone. Unfortunate, I was hoping the latest update might fix this issue.
I'll add here that I went from using the Integra goggles, (first time flying with the head tracking engaged), back to using my RC 2 with the Mini 4 Pro, and my obstacle avoidance stayed off, and no warning was given other than the small icon being red!
Not good! I put the drone in and out of sport and cinema mode, and landed and re started the drone twice thinking this was yet another firmware issue, and nothing changed, the icon still showed red.
I started looking in the menu on the RC2, and the obstacle avoidance was turned off. I've never once turned it off, and never noticed it being off in the Integra goggles as I never manually turned it off.
So come home and do some internet research, and find another thread in the Mini 3 section that the goggles turn off collision avoidance when I engage head tracking. So am I to understand that if I land the drone with head tracking engaged, power down the drone, goggles and motion 2, and then power back up the drone with the RC2, the collision avoidance stays off even though I've never turned it off in the RC2 settings? I'd say thats not a good thing!
1-28 16:49
Use props
djiuser_fl0AG9OqVP1T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101175 ft
United States

After upgrading to firmware V02.00.0500 on my RC2 controller, I am not able to create new Waypoint missions or edit existing ones when offline.  Now when I go to "Connection Guide", then "Camera View", all I can do is view and rename existing missions.  Are there additional steps I should take to re-enable Waypoint creation offline?
1-29 11:44
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_fl0AG9OqVP1T Posted at 1-29 11:44
After upgrading to firmware V02.00.0500 on my RC2 controller, I am not able to create new Waypoint missions or edit existing ones when offline.  Now when I go to "Connection Guide", then "Camera View", all I can do is view and rename existing missions.  Are there additional steps I should take to re-enable Waypoint creation offline?

Creating new missions and editing old ones works. If it doesn't work for you, reset the remote control to factory settings through the menu.
1-29 11:54
Use props
djiuser_fl0AG9OqVP1T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101175 ft
United States

Resetting the RC2 worked, thanks.  However, I lost all the Waypoint missions I had created (thankfully not too many).  Wish there were a way to save Waypoint missions to the cloud or on the microSD card for later recovery if required.
1-31 20:25
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_fl0AG9OqVP1T Posted at 1-31 20:25
Resetting the RC2 worked, thanks.  However, I lost all the Waypoint missions I had created (thankfully not too many).  Wish there were a way to save Waypoint missions to the cloud or on the microSD card for later recovery if required.

Yes, the ability to save and then load missions is necessary. I already asked DJI about this, but it’s unclear why they haven’t done it yet.
1-31 23:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules