Dji fly v 1.12.8 not working
850 10 1-26 22:40
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 497589 ft
Greece

good morning!! after upgrading the dji fly app to version 1.12.8 on my Lenovo Tab P11 (2nd Gen) tablet, with android 13 it shows this picture I am attaching the app is frozen and stuck not working.  In previous version 12.1.6 it worked fine.  The tablet was upgraded to Android 13, followed by the dji app upgrade to 12.1.8, and it doesn't work.  Thanks.
064319hs0ong41oo1dgkaj.png
1-26 22:40
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. May  I confirm if you managed to re-install the app for further testing?
1-28 02:10
Use props
djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS
lvl.3
Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-28 02:10
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. May  I confirm if you managed to re-install the app for further testing?

good morning.  yes I have tried a fresh install.  not working.  when starting the application it freezes.  It works normally on my other devices. I am in contact with technical support.
1-28 03:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS Posted at 1-28 03:05
good morning.  yes I have tried a fresh install.  not working.  when starting the application it freezes.  It works normally on my other devices. I am in contact with technical support.

Thank you for your update and sorry to hear about this situation. It is shown that your mobile device is a Lenovo Tab P11, and the DJI FLY app occurs during use. The technical assessment result shows that this model cannot be used normally as the mobile device system/hardware is not supported. Currently, we have no plan to update the compatibility of this device. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We recommend you to use devices under the compatibility list that pass our tests and evaluations for compatibility to obtain a better operating experience. Thank you for your understanding.
1-29 00:24
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

Same for me
I updated last night to 1.12.8 and today the fly app would not update the home point manually and it kept failing . this happened on 2 drones and 2 saperate devices  the DJI mini2 with a pixal3xl and the DJI Mavic 3 on a pixal4xl  both drones had the same issue after the update. and were working justb great before the update.

DJI please fix the fly app it fails to update the home point for the Mini2 & Mavic 3

App and frimwae update info.jpg
2-1 12:42
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 00:24
Thank you for your update and sorry to hear about this situation. It is shown that your mobile device is a Lenovo Tab P11, and the DJI FLY app occurs during use. The technical assessment result shows that this model cannot be used normally as the mobile device system/hardware is not supported. Currently, we have no plan to update the compatibility of this device. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We recommend you to use devices under the compatibility list that pass our tests and evaluations for compatibility to obtain a better operating experience. Thank you for your understanding.

The latest Version 1.12.8 locks up two of my devices.  They are the Samsung Galaxy A8 and the Samsung Galaxy S2…  Bothe devices have worked perfectly for years with all the previous Fly App versions…

I uninstalled the latest version 1.12.8, and installed version 1.12.6 and my devices all work fine again…  I am sorry that DJI decided to do this update that will not work with so many devices that it worked with previously…
2-19 22:19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

LoudThunder Posted at 2-19 22:19
The latest Version 1.12.8 locks up two of my devices.  They are the Samsung Galaxy A8 and the Samsung Galaxy S2…  Bothe devices have worked perfectly for years with all the previous Fly App versions…

I uninstalled the latest version 1.12.8, and installed version 1.12.6 and my devices all work fine again…  I am sorry that DJI decided to do this update that will not work with so many devices that it worked with previously…

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. Please know that compatibility matters can arise due to the vast number of devices available in the market, each with its unique specifications, hardware configurations, and operating systems. For instance, our team may test the app on a range of popular devices during the development phase. Still, it's not always possible to test on every individual device available.

Moreover, the compatibility of some devices may also depend on the particular version of the app or operating system they're running. That's why, as much as we endeavor to maintain compatibility with as many devices as possible, there may still be instances where some devices may not work as expected.

We thank you for your understanding and support.
2-22 22:40
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 22:40
Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. Please know that compatibility matters can arise due to the vast number of devices available in the market, each with its unique specifications, hardware configurations, and operating systems. For instance, our team may test the app on a range of popular devices during the development phase. Still, it's not always possible to test on every individual device available.

Moreover, the compatibility of some devices may also depend on the particular version of the app or operating system they're running. That's why, as much as we endeavor to maintain compatibility with as many devices as possible, there may still be instances where some devices may not work as expected.

Good News, I now have DJI Fly App Version 1.12.8 working on my Samsung Galaxy Tablets A8 and the S2.  When I first upgraded from Ver. 1.12.6 to the newer version, both tablets locked up with near Black Screen with just a hint of a Ghostly image of what should have appeared.

I contacted "DJI Gamora" an Administrator on the DJI Forum Web Site and Gamora recommended I try changing the "Zoom Level" on my devices…

Initially I was skeptical, but I gave it a try and "Lo 'n Behold" it worked…  The A8 had Ver. 1.12.8 on it and it froze every time I launched it…  However, after I changed the Zoom Level, the DJI App launched normally and runs perfectly…

The S2 had the older Ver. 1.12.6 on it, and after I changed its Zoom Level, I launched that one and the older App Asked to upgrade to the newer version and I OK'd it, the App upgraded and it also Launched the new App correctly and it also runs perfectly.

I only had to make a few changes on the DJI Fly App Menus.  On the Control Menu, I Change the Units from Metric to Imperial and I chose the Larger Text in Display Zoom.  Even the Upward movement of the Gimbal was still enabled…  On the Camera Menu, I had to reselect the Gridlines as all were turned off.

Oh, one additionally point, I asked Gamora if DJI maintained a directory of past versions so that customers who experience issues with a new version can go to get an Official Release of the DJI Software and was informed the DJI does not do that and they recommend all customers run the latest software releases to enjoy the better operating experiences.

In the Graphic below, The Tablet's Zoom Control is in the Setup Menu of the Tablet, under the Display section.  I increased the Zoom by one "notch" from position to "A" to position "B"

2-25 20:45
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

LoudThunder Posted at 2-25 20:45
Good News, I now have DJI Fly App Version 1.12.8 working on my Samsung Galaxy Tablets A8 and the S2.  When I first upgraded from Ver. 1.12.6 to the newer version, both tablets locked up with near Black Screen with just a hint of a Ghostly image of what should have appeared.

I contacted "DJI Gamora" an Administrator on the DJI Forum Web Site and Gamora recommended I try changing the "Zoom Level" on my devices…

We're glad that the issue has been fixed on your end, LoudThunder. Thank you for sharing the resolution as well to our fellow Pilots. Have a safe flight always!
2-27 05:23
Use props
djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS
lvl.3
Greece

I had exactly the same problem on the two Samsung Galaxy A9+ and Lenovo 11 GEN 2 tablets, the problem was solved by adjusting the zoom on the tablets. dji app ver 12.1.8 works great.

3-3 05:23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_eNcXrR160RLS Posted at 3-3 05:23
I had exactly the same problem on the two Samsung Galaxy A9+ and Lenovo 11 GEN 2 tablets, the problem was solved by adjusting the zoom on the tablets. dji app ver 12.1.8 works great.

Hi there. We appreciate you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue that you experienced also we thank you for sharing the steps that you took to fix the issue. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!
3-3 19:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules