813 4 1-27 16:54
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DHW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063596 ft
Australia

Hi Everyone,

I have bought the standard Osmo Pocket 3 and regretted not having the DJI Mic 2. So, I bought a separate DJI Mic 2 (1 tx & 1 Rx) package when the Mic 2 was released. I have the latest Mic 2 firmware (04.02.01.13). Here are my observations and would like to see if your Mic 2 have the same behaviour as mine.

• Connection to OP3 - It appears my Mic 2 can ONLY connect to TX2 of the OP3. When I tried to connect to TX1 on the OP3, it is successful and the Mic 2 blue light is on steady. But, when I talk into the mic, there is no green volume bar at the top of the display and when I press video record, there is no sound recorded. When I connect to TX2 on the OP3, everything works. Could it be that TX1 on the OP3 is reserved for the Mic 2 from the Creative Combo pack only, which makes me wonder if I have an additional Mic 2 in the future, will I be able to connect to TX1 on the OP3?
  • Bluetooth vs Receiver - When Mic 2 is connected to OP3 via Bluetooth, the sound quality is lower compared to attaching the Mic 2 Receiver (2.4GHz) on OP3. Have you observed that? This could be normal as Bluetooth quality is probably lower compared to 2.4GHz going through the Receiver. So this may not be an issue, but wanted to confirm it is normal.
  • Lav Mic - It doesn't matter whether the Mic 2 is connect via Bluetooth or Receiver or even internal recording, the sound quality is always better (much clearer and louder) when I attach a lav mic to the Mic 2. Even though my Lav mic is the cheapest Arimic Ulanzi brand. Without the lav mic connected, the sound quality is a little muffled. I did noticed a slight background humming sound even with Low Cut turned on.

Just wanted to see if some of you have the same observations as I have for each of the above. Much appreciated!

Regards.
1-27 16:54
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

1. Not tested this but I think from reading the manual you can choose which initial TX channel you want a Mic2 to link to by highlighting it on the screen while attempting to link. Could be wrong as I have not actually done that, but worth a try. I had the creator combo so my original MIC 2 was linked to TX1 and when I got a second, white, MIC 2 that defaulted to TX2.

2. Yes. I think that the 'full' wireless of the RX/TX combo is somewhat cleaner, and certainly has greater range. Same if you connect a Rode Wireless Go II or Wireless Pro. Much cleaner.

3. Definitely. Reports of 'muffled' and 'dull' sounding audio from the MIC 2's internal mic are common. One of mine is badly affected. Hardly anything there over 3kHz.... I tested it then with several Lav mics, including the Rode Lav Go, the Lavalier II, and a mic that came with a Syncho wireless set. They all sounded much better than the built in mic capsule. You can still use the built in mic, but needs a lot of heavy EQ'ing in post to make it acceptable.
1-27 22:48
Use props
DHW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063596 ft
Australia

Natural Sounds and Sights Posted at 1-27 22:48
1. Not tested this but I think from reading the manual you can choose which initial TX channel you want a Mic2 to link to by highlighting it on the screen while attempting to link. Could be wrong as I have not actually done that, but worth a try. I had the creator combo so my original MIC 2 was linked to TX1 and when I got a second, white, MIC 2 that defaulted to TX2.

2. Yes. I think that the 'full' wireless of the RX/TX combo is somewhat cleaner, and certainly has greater range. Same if you connect a Rode Wireless Go II or Wireless Pro. Much cleaner.

Thank you for your response. So, this makes me feel better!

1. Yes, I've chose TX1 and it doesn't work. But when I chose TX2, it worked. Not a problem for now, until I want to connect 2 mics.
2. Receiver 2.4Ghz has better output. OK, my suspicion is correct.
3. OK, so I'll consider it a 'hidden' feature of Mic 2.

Overall, I presume it is not worth returning the Mic.

Thanks for your assistance.
1-28 00:48
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

They are super convenient if used via BT to the Pocket 3 or (one of them) to the Action 4. With a bit of tweaking in post you can get usable results. If 'ultimate' audio quality is the objective though, my opinion is that  it is worth the extra hassle to go another route.
1-28 01:58
Use props
firatdede
lvl.2

Turkey

Yes, recording is better with an average TRS microphone. In other words, the microphone of 10 years ago outperforms today's DJI microphone with its TRS input, and this is sad.
1-28 07:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules