2425 47 1-30 01:38
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone tried the underwater case for the Pocket 3,  I see BRDC have some good prices on it.

1-30 01:38
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks, my order is on the way.
1-30 03:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JustName Posted at 1-30 03:03
Thanks, my order is on the way.

That wasnt a recommendation,  I was hoping someone could inform how good it is.    Im especially interested in how good the dome is in the rain.
1-30 04:41
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 04:41
That wasnt a recommendation,  I was hoping someone could inform how good it is.    Im especially interested in how good the dome is in the rain.

I know. The same case is already available on Amazon for 40€. But it's not worth it to me to test it.

So I ordered the one from Aliexpress, partly to test it and partly because I need a case like this anyway.
1-30 12:46
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like it might be a good case.  I guess you will only be able to shoot in portrait mode though.  I also wonder how you can change settings on it once it is locked in the cage.
1-30 13:54
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

You can set the camera to record in landscape mode, regardless of the screen position.

Otherwise yes, with the current firmware you will only be able to record under water in the mode that you have previously set.

Perhaps DJI will also release an update with which you can switch between the preset settings by, for example, pressing and holding the buttons, similar to the Action 4.
1-30 14:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-30 13:54
Looks like it might be a good case.  I guess you will only be able to shoot in portrait mode though.  I also wonder how you can change settings on it once it is locked in the cage.

In settings you can define landscape or portrait, also they have two buttons in the case that are silver for some form of control.
1-30 23:55
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JustName Posted at 1-30 12:46
I know. The same case is already available on Amazon for 40€. But it's not worth it to me to test it.

So I ordered the one from Aliexpress, partly to test it and partly because I need a case like this anyway.

Oh great,   please let me know how clear the dome is when it's not under water,  Id love to use this in the rain.
1-30 23:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 23:55
In settings you can define landscape or portrait, also they have two buttons in the case that are silver for some form of control.

Good to know.  I'm going to try to contact the company for more in-depth information.  Would be nice to be able to take the OP3 on dives with me.
1-31 04:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-31 04:13
Good to know.  I'm going to try to contact the company for more in-depth information.  Would be nice to be able to take the OP3 on dives with me.

There another seller with a 60m version - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006499156399.html?
1-31 04:40
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 04:40
There another seller with a 60m version - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006499156399.html?

That almost looks better than the other one.  However, the title says 60 m but down in the specs it says only 40m.  Depending on where you are diving that 20 m worth of pressure could cause the case to rupture.
1-31 16:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-31 16:00
That almost looks better than the other one.  However, the title says 60 m but down in the specs it says only 40m.  Depending on where you are diving that 20 m worth of pressure could cause the case to rupture.

Yes thats not a good advert at all.
2-1 00:57
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 00:57
Yes thats not a good advert at all.

Not sure which depth was correct.  Hopefully they'll catch the "typo" and make a correction as it is a bit misleading at this point.  
2-1 03:55
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-1 03:55
Not sure which depth was correct.  Hopefully they'll catch the "typo" and make a correction as it is a bit misleading at this point.

Knowing Ali the seller is probably selling the 40m as a 60m to outdo the competition.   

I bought a 1tb san disk SD card from there and guess what.  It only holds 10gb.   I got a full refund without any issue so Im sure Aliexpress know whats going on.
2-1 04:45
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 04:45
Knowing Ali the seller is probably selling the 40m as a 60m to outdo the competition.   

I bought a 1tb san disk SD card from there and guess what.  It only holds 10gb.   I got a full refund without any issue so Im sure Aliexpress know whats going on.

Good to hear you got a full refund and didn't have to haggle with them over it.
2-1 12:43
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-31 16:00
That almost looks better than the other one.  However, the title says 60 m but down in the specs it says only 40m.  Depending on where you are diving that 20 m worth of pressure could cause the case to rupture.

It looks the same for me. And 40m is enough. Most of the (not technical) dives are not deeper then 30m. Most of the fotos and videos i have taken have been at depth between 12-25m.  
2-1 13:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JustName Posted at 2-1 13:22
It looks the same for me. And 40m is enough. Most of the (not technical) dives are not deeper then 30m. Most of the fotos and videos i have taken have been at depth between 12-25m.

That case should work really well for you then.  Some of the sunken ships I dive on are between 50 and 60 m depth.  So I have to make decompression stops on my way back up.  In the past I was certified to go deeper and use gas mixtures but I don't do that any more.
2-1 13:41
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-1 13:41
That case should work really well for you then.  Some of the sunken ships I dive on are between 50 and 60 m depth.  So I have to make decompression stops on my way back up.  In the past I was certified to go deeper and use gas mixtures but I don't do that any more.

Sounds interesting, but too time-consuming for me. I prefer to dive 3-5 times a day, each time spending an hour under the water, instead of going that deep. Not enough light for my taste and probably too cold.

This video was taken between 25 and 35 meters deep (started at 25 and end at 35). With additional lighting you can see the turtle quite well, but overall it was quite dark.

2-1 14:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JustName Posted at 2-1 14:22
Sounds interesting, but too time-consuming for me. I prefer to dive 3-5 times a day, each time spending an hour under the water, instead of going that deep. Not enough light for my taste and probably too cold.

This video was taken between 25 and 35 meters deep (started at 25 and end at 35). With additional lighting you can see the turtle quite well, but overall it was quite dark.

Really nice footage.    I love seeing the sea turtles and manta rays while I'm diving.  They are so cool to watch.  
2-1 14:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-1 12:43
Good to hear you got a full refund and didn't have to haggle with them over it.

I was expecting it to be a fake size but I was expecting a bit more than 10gb,  oh well it was enough to get me over the free delivery amount and then get it refunded.
2-2 03:05
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 03:05
I was expecting it to be a fake size but I was expecting a bit more than 10gb,  oh well it was enough to get me over the free delivery amount and then get it refunded.

I just got a new small case for my OP3 creator combo.  I'll have to get a picture of it in a bit and post it back here.  It is similar to the case I bought and used with the original OP.  
2-2 04:02
Use props
bertrandh
lvl.2

Netherlands

I will wait for an official waterproof case from DJI where the battery can fit. This case cannot even include the battery.
2-2 04:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bertrandh Posted at 2-2 04:16
I will wait for an official waterproof case from DJI where the battery can fit. This case cannot even include the battery.

The battery is built into the Pocket 3.
2-2 06:31
Use props
fansba0ee2f4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73609 ft
Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 06:31

Exactly @bertrandh and besides, even if your going to 40m (max supposed limit on this case) your bottom time is ~7-9min safely? The internal battery will last way beyond that.
2-2 07:45
Use props
bertrandh
lvl.2

Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 06:31

No, I am talking about the accessory called the "osmo pocket 3 battery handle" which is an extra battery.
This accessory cannot include the battery handle for extra capacity.
2-2 09:41
Use props
bertrandh
lvl.2

Netherlands

Anyway, this waterproof case in my opinion is badly designed and possibly of poor quality.
An official option would be nice.
2-2 10:05
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansba0ee2f4 Posted at 2-2 07:45
Exactly @bertrandh and besides, even if your going to 40m (max supposed limit on this case) your bottom time is ~7-9min safely? The internal battery will last way beyond that.

Absolutly,  I get well over an hour on the battery.
2-3 01:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bertrandh Posted at 2-2 09:41
No, I am talking about the accessory called the "osmo pocket 3 battery handle" which is an extra battery.

I doubt that you'd need that much capacity.
2-3 02:50
Use props
bertrandh
lvl.2

Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 02:50
I doubt that you'd need that much capacity.

Another 'know it all'.
You don't know anything about my situation. There is really no reason to say something like this.
2-3 10:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bertrandh Posted at 2-3 10:32
Another 'know it all'.
You don't know anything about my situation. There is really no reason to say something like this.

Well. Unless you’re not diving to 60ft you’re limited to an hour before you need to return and gently decompress.   The p3 can handle that fine.  
2-3 11:02
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another 'know it all'.

That was a bit rude, he is right, you wouldnt  likely need the extra battery, unless of course youre using 2 tanks of air
Example, at about 12m you will use about 45mins of air then need to RTS
2-3 18:18
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

bertrandh Posted at 2-2 09:41

The original dive cases for Pockets were designed for the bare handle only. It was a major PITA to disconnect battery handle and Control Wheel each time to fit it into the case...
2-4 00:52
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Another 'know it all'.

Then explain your situation to us please.

Unless you're a technical diver, most of your dives won't last more than an hour. You can easily subtract a quarter of that because you won't be filming continuously.
2-4 02:18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bertrandh Posted at 2-2 04:16

Hi, there. There are currently no plans to release a waterproof cover for Osmo Pocket 3. We have registered your request and will provide feedback accordingly. Please stay tuned to our official website. Thank you for your understanding.
2-6 00:58
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks, my order is on the way.

My housing has now arrived and looks pretty good so far.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h4zEb3SqGZE

2-8 14:28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks, my order is on the way.

How do you like it?
2-27 00:12
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Take a look at the youtube-video in my posting.
2-27 07:32
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

JustName Posted at 2-27 07:32
Take a look at the youtube-video in my posting.

That looks good, but how do you like it?
(you mean the one with the turtle right?)
2-27 08:58
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 2-27 08:58
That looks good, but how do you like it?
(you mean the one with the turtle right?)

No, this one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=h4zEb3SqGZE

The housing makes a very good impression. I have not yet dived with it. My next vacation trip where I can also dive will be in March at the earliest.
2-27 09:21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

JustName Posted at 2-27 09:21
No, this one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=h4zEb3SqGZE

Ah ok.
I missed that one.