1277 25 1-30 03:20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gherkin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44616 ft
United Kingdom

Good morning all
Quick question, i'm trying to use the Fly app (up until now i've not had any issues) however i seem to have an issue where I have the Before You Fly 'dialog box' come up on the top left hand side indicating that there are no fly spots available near by.  

I cannot seem to do anything else.  I'm going abroad next week and I wanted to use the Mini 2 so thought i'd see if there were any firmware updates.  There is one for the controller but I can't update it as the app seems to 'hang' at that screen.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and no joy.  If its of any use i'm running it on the Samsung S6 Lite tablet and other than Litchi the tablet is only used for Drone work.

I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean.

Screenshot

Screenshot

1-30 03:20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. It was found that your mobile device is a Samsung S6 tablet, and the technical assessment result shows that this model cannot be used normally as the mobile device system/hardware is not supported. Currently, we have no plans to update the compatibility of this device.

We recommend you use devices under the compatibility list that pass our tests and evaluations for compatibility to obtain a better operating experience. Thank you for your understanding.
1-31 02:02
Use props
gherkin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44616 ft
United Kingdom

Ok thank you for getting back, so do you have a previous version of the fly app in order for me to update the firmware of the drone at all, as as I say it was working fine until I updated to the latest version of the App
1-31 02:07
Use props
Martinr36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277001 ft
United Kingdom

I'm getting exactly lt the same on a galaxy fold Z4
Screenshot_20240212_145651.jpg
2-12 07:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

gherkin Posted at 1-31 02:07
Ok thank you for getting back, so do you have a previous version of the fly app in order for me to update the firmware of the drone at all, as as I say it was working fine until I updated to the latest version of the App

Hi, there. Sorry for the delay. I'm afraid that there's no previous version available on our official website. However, if you're still experiencing this problem, may we ask for the details below?

> App version:
> Model of the device: Samsung S6 Lite Tablet
> Operating system:
> App log: How do I export log files from the App?
> Time and date of the incident:

I hope to hear from you soon.
2-13 03:03
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Martinr36 Posted at 2-12 07:00
I'm getting exactly lt the same on a galaxy fold Z4

Hello, there. Sorry to hear about this situation. Please provide the details based on post #5 for further checking. I hope to hear from you.
2-13 03:05
Use props
Martinr36
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 03:05
Hello, there. Sorry to hear about this situation. Please provide the details based on post #5 for further checking. I hope to hear from you.

Info required as below:

App version  1.12.8
Model of device Samsung Galaxy fold Z4
Operating system Android 14
Log file  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkFenVfFVFoBjttWttj70aeEKY9I5w?e=bgn3ru
Date of incident 11-02-24  14:56
2-13 06:24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Martinr36 Posted at 2-13 06:24
Info required as below:

App version  1.12.8

Thank you for responding. Please allow us to check this situation with our relevant team for further confirmation.
2-16 00:10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Martinr36 Posted at 2-13 06:24
Info required as below:

App version  1.12.8

Thank you for your patience. Please follow our recommendations below:

> Please adjust the display settings (“Zoom” for an iOS device and “Screen Zoom” for an Android device) of the mobile phone to change the display of the DJI Fly app.
> Back up important files and re-install the app again.
> Test with different devices preferably non foldable devices.

If the problem persists, you may keep us posted. Thank you for your cooperation.
2-20 01:19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

gherkin Posted at 1-31 02:07

Hi, there. Sorry to bother you at this time. You may consider following our suggestions on post #9 for further testing. I hope to hear from you soon.
2-20 01:20
Use props
Martinr36
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just installed the latest version on my galaxy tab 7FE which is also on android 14 with the exact same problem, it runs on an old LG V50 on android 12
2-20 03:08
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Martinr36 Posted at 2-20 03:08
Just installed the latest version on my galaxy tab 7FE which is also on android 14 with the exact same problem, it runs on an old LG V50 on android 12

Thank you for your update. I'd like to verify if you managed to adjust the Screen Zoom and font size under the Display setting on your device.
2-20 22:31
Use props
Martinr36
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-20 22:31
Thank you for your update. I'd like to verify if you managed to adjust the Screen Zoom and font size under the Display setting on your device.

OK, so I don't know what happened but it is now usable on the z4
2-23 00:50
Use props
Martinr36
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This is Z4 now, screen zoom was already zoomed out as far as possible
Screenshot_20240223_084906.jpg
2-23 00:52
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Martinr36 Posted at 2-23 00:52
This is Z4 now, screen zoom was already zoomed out as far as possible

Hello, there.Thank you for getting back to us. We're glad to know that everything seems to be working fine now. Please feel free to reach us if you have further concerns.
2-24 20:24
Use props
Martinr36
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Still not working on the tab 7fe
2-27 01:58
Use props
Mick-france
lvl.1
Flight distance : 571883 ft
South Korea

I had the same problem after updating the app on my galaxy tab S3. I was able to bypass that tutorial popup by enabling the outlines in the developper options and clicking the UI around that box after connecting a mouse to the tab (maybe some kind of white arrow). It's  a bug UI/touchscreen of the app that can be avoid if DJI enable bypassing that box by clicking anywhere in the window. After clicking at the right place the popup never come back :

3-17 18:56
Use props
scambo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Had this very same problem today with my Lenovo tablet, found this blog and tried all potential cures.

Tried changing the screen and font sizes to small and reinstalled the app, 4 times, this had no effect at all.

Finally tried the suggestion made by Mick-france, entered into developer mode and activated "Show layout bounds", then after tapping around the white arrow pointing at the fly-spots box or white line just above, the app continued with the first time login tour.

I was then able to reset my screen and font settings to default and dis able developer mode.

This is obviously a GUI fault that DJI need to look into, look like a button or link without any content, and hence not showing.

But working now.
4-1 12:56
Use props
Mundo Traveller
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-24 20:24
Hello, there.Thank you for getting back to us. We're glad to know that everything seems to be working fine now. Please feel free to reach us if you have further concerns.

After the app update in late 2023 I couldn't see the text at the bottom of the DJI Fly app front page as I use larger text in order to read my phone. I thought it was an app problem, it was so UNobvious to change the zoom settings...Now my phone is on small text JUST so I can use the DJI app. This is surely an app failure...
4-5 10:25
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

if anyone needs an early version of FLY i have a full repo here https://github.com/Judslat/DJIGO4FLY
4-6 10:15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mundo Traveller Posted at 4-5 10:25
After the app update in late 2023 I couldn't see the text at the bottom of the DJI Fly app front page as I use larger text in order to read my phone. I thought it was an app problem, it was so UNobvious to change the zoom settings...Now my phone is on small text JUST so I can use the DJI app. This is surely an app failure...

We're sorry to read about this, Mundo. We will relay your feedback to our developers.  Please check DJI's official website for the latest updates. Thank you for your support.
4-8 06:08
Use props
Martinr36
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well I finally got it working on the tab 7FE,after updating and lots of clicking and long pressing on the screen
Screenshot_20240413_113206.jpg
4-13 02:50
Use props
Berkes Attila
lvl.1
Hungary

Hi everyone !

Mavic 3 classic with galaxy tab S3. After months of flying, suddenly i've just stumbled upon the very same issue recently.
As suggested by Mick-france, by enabling the outlines in the developper options and clicking the UI around that box, around the white arrow pointing at the fly-spots box or white line just above with the S-pen, the app continued with the first time login tour (as scambo wrote it) i managed to overcome the problem.
Now the app works flawlessly and this latest version is better than it was before, in my opinion.

Thanks, best regards.
4-17 14:28
Use props
clintfisher
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 03:03
Hi, there. Sorry for the delay. I'm afraid that there's no previous version available on our official website. However, if you're still experiencing this problem, may we ask for the details below?

> App version:

I'm having the EXACT same problem:  Samsung S6 Lite tablet

This is ridiculous.  I had real work to do with my drone today and thought "I'll make sure I update first".
Now, assuming I EVER get this working again, I am deathly afraid to ever update again, let alone buy another DJI product.  It was working GREAT until this update.   

The cavalier response about this tablet not being supported is very off-putting to someone who has purchased a couple of DJI's products.  The fact that DJI Support cannot even offer a rollback to the previous version is mind-blowing.  WHY?   Why would DJI anger otherwise happy customers?

Unless I have a good outcome of this and am able to get it working again, I am going to abandon DJI entirely and recommend to all my friends that they never purchase DJI.  There are plenty of competitors out there who I know will take better care of their customers.

It's clear from this thread that I am not the only one affected by this.   It seems like the problem is a silly GUI issue.   Can DJI at least have a KB article on how to work around this?   How frustrating!!

Now I'm just going to refuse all updates moving forward.  

PLEASE HELP!!  DON'T ABANDON US!
5-1 16:42
Use props
clintfisher
New

United States

clintfisher Posted at 5-1 16:42
I'm having the EXACT same problem:  Samsung S6 Lite tablet

This is ridiculous.  I had real work to do with my drone today and thought "I'll make sure I update first".

Well, thanks to other users here, and no thanks to DJI, I got it working again...

Finally tried the suggestion made by Mick-france, entered into developer mode and activated "Show layout bounds", then after tapping around the white arrow pointing at the fly-spots box or white line just above, the app continued with the first time login tour.

I was then able to reset my screen and font settings to default and dis able developer mode.

This is obviously a GUI fault that DJI need to look into, look like a button or link without any content, and hence not showing.

Please DJI, this clearly broke a number of people, there should be a KB article about it and a fix.

Otherwise, you generally have great products.

5-1 18:44
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

clintfisher Posted at 5-1 18:44
Well, thanks to other users here, and no thanks to DJI, I got it working again...

Thank you for the update, clintfisher. Glad that it is working now, thanks to our co-users. We'll forward your feedback to our relevant team. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
yesterday 22:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules