627 15 1-30 12:25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi everyone, I've got an unusual question.
Is there any way to check if a L1/L2 dataset have any issue without processing it with DJI Terra?

The problem is that my field laptop is a Microsoft Surface PRO 9, without Nvidia graphic card. I bought it for a super portable solution (before it i had a 5kg Alienware 17, a monster for its size but the bag was almost bigger than the M300's luggage). Is the biggest i7 option with tons of ram, not for processing purpose but it's a beast, when I'm on a business trip away from my processing desktop pc I always check my data (Pix4d mapper with P1 or M3E) before leaving, especially if i'm hundreds of km away. I use it only for work/field purpose, from Autocad, Pix4d, ugcs, GIS application, but because it doesn't have nvidia graphic i cannot process L1 data with it (i forgot DJI Terra needs before buying..). Sometimes I use to send my dataset to my desktop pc and process it remotely, but it's not always possible, due to transfer time or file size.

The only thing i'd like to check it's that i don't have any irreparable issue, like pose data error, or calibration error, or some other issue that makes that dataset (and the business trip) useless.

This happened only twice in my L1 career (abnormal pose data error), and lucky i was only 1 hr away from home, so the next day i've come back. But i'm having more and more works far from home, and i'm a bit worried by this issue.

Any suggestion are welcome.
Thank you

1-30 12:25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to tell you that L1 has no choice but to check through a computer with an NVIDIA graphics card. L2 has route operation quality report and can check whether the POS data is normal in the report.
2-1 22:08
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-1 22:08
Hi there, we are sorry to tell you that L1 has no choice but to check through a computer with an NVIDIA graphics card. L2 has route operation quality report and can check whether the POS data is normal in the report.

Ok great. I'll recieve my L2 unit next wednesday.
Is this report generated in the project folder?
2-2 00:56
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Panph Posted at 2-2 00:56

It's just a window that appears on the RC after the end of the flight that tells you if you had FIX FLOAT or SINGLE during the flight.
2-2 03:57
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Panph Posted at 2-2 00:56

When finished an Area Route or a Waypoint Route task, a task quality report is generated automatically to display the detailed information of the task and flight route status. You can refer to the user manual below.

2-2 22:12
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has me confused. When using a D-RTK2 and the L2 looses it's fixed solution, the mission automatically pauses. I was halfway through a flight a few weeks ago and I got the "base position changed" error and the M350 freezes where it was at. The base definitely had not moved and it was setup on a known and saved coordinate. Reason #832 to use a third party base and toss the D-RTK2 in the dumpster.
2-5 17:23
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-5 17:23
This has me confused. When using a D-RTK2 and the L2 looses it's fixed solution, the mission automatically pauses. I was halfway through a flight a few weeks ago and I got the "base position changed" error and the M350 freezes where it was at. The base definitely had not moved and it was setup on a known and saved coordinate. Reason #832 to use a third party base and toss the D-RTK2 in the dumpster.

What would you consider getting versus the D-RTK2 solution?

Been doing some research because we need to get a base station of sorts and been heavily confused and conflicted, so I am very keen to get some feedback from someone like yourself with a lot of experience.... If you dont mind sharing that is...
2-8 02:43
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

TimmyBaker Posted at 2-8 02:43

Been doing some research because we need to get a base station of sorts and been heavily confused and conflicted, so I am very keen to get some feedback from someone like yourself with a lot of experience.... If you dont mind sharing that is...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=285647
2-8 02:49
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Just about any base station that has a Local NTRIP server mode for an output. That way you can receive the same RTK information that you would from a D-RTK2. I've had good luck using an Emlid Reach RS2. Even the newer RS3's are $1000 cheaper than a D-RTK2. DJI's is only compatible with their few select drones while the third party base station can be used with just about any rtk drone but also for General survey work and static recording. While most others in the industry use a 2 m pole height DJI has chosen to be the oddball with a 1.8 meter pole that also has a proprietary fitting to screw together. Online positioning services like OPUS don't have this base in their records which makes calculating a static point with it much harder. DJI also starts a new recording every hour on the hour so you end up with several separate files instead of one long observation. You may get 4-5 hours on a single battery with it too. For comparison, just this past weekend within rs2 recorded a 30-hour long observation on the single internal battery. If money isn't a concern and you just want some of the best look at the Trimble R12i.
2-8 06:02
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

I'm using the Emlid Reach RS3, i'm very satisfied. I'm using it as rover for GCP marking and base while flying.
Very easy to use, PPK easy (thank you LV_Forestry!!) and the absolute precision is pretty high using it as base.
2-9 01:36
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
South Africa

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-8 06:02
Just about any base station that has a Local NTRIP server mode for an output. That way you can receive the same RTK information that you would from a D-RTK2. I've had good luck using an Emlid Reach RS2. Even the newer RS3's are $1000 cheaper than a D-RTK2. DJI's is only compatible with their few select drones while the third party base station can be used with just about any rtk drone but also for General survey work and static recording. While most others in the industry use a 2 m pole height DJI has chosen to be the oddball with a 1.8 meter pole that also has a proprietary fitting to screw together. Online positioning services like OPUS don't have this base in their records which makes calculating a static point with it much harder. DJI also starts a new recording every hour on the hour so you end up with several separate files instead of one long observation. You may get 4-5 hours on a single battery with it too. For comparison, just this past weekend within rs2 recorded a 30-hour long observation on the single internal battery. If money isn't a concern and you just want some of the best look at the Trimble R12i.

Thank you very much for the feedback, I will check into this a bit deeper and also refer to the other post mentioned above.
Need to find a solution and keen to accept help from those that have learned.

All I know is that it’s very hard to find good feedback about the DJI station and otherwise lots of other products on the market without much user based feedback.

So appreciate the input from you!
2-9 06:24
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
South Africa

Panph Posted at 2-9 01:36
I'm using the Emlid Reach RS3, i'm very satisfied. I'm using it as rover for GCP marking and base while flying.
Very easy to use, PPK easy (thank you LV_Forestry!!) and the absolute precision is pretty high using it as base.

Thank you for your feedback.

I have it in my list to look into a bit further, really appreciate your time in replying.

Have a good one!
2-9 06:25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

BIG +1 for the Emlid Reach RS2 & RS3. MUCH better value for the price than D-RTK 2. More versatile, more functionality, more industry standard, better in just about every way.
2-9 07:36
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

TimmyBaker Posted at 2-9 06:25
Thank you for your feedback.

I have it in my list to look into a bit further, really appreciate your time in replying.

If you need any further information let me know... i'm very deep into the product and software. I had lot of issue with it, i've studied a lot how it works, to finally discover the issue was my NTRIP service provider (TOPCON's Topnet live service)...
2-9 09:06
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Panph Posted at 2-9 01:36

Yea I'm a little jealous not gonna lie. I wish I had an RS3 but my RS2 simply can't be beat. For the price, ease of use, and adaptability it's great. How's the tilt compensation on yours? That's the one thing I'd love to have. Emlid's whole ecosystem of hardware/software is next level. With Emlid Caster I've had my base setup at home on WiFi and flew a small job 5 miles away while receiving RTK corrections from it. Emlid Flow makes shooting GCPs with just your phone and a rover a piece of cake. Emlid Studio on the PC can PPK just about any dataset in literally 4 or 5 clicks. Plus several other nice tools. Their customer support is also next level. I swear I'm not sponsored by them, I just really like their product. If other companies had the same business strategy *cough* DJI... That'd start to repair their damaged reputation.
2-9 18:58
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-9 18:58
Yea I'm a little jealous not gonna lie. I wish I had an RS3 but my RS2 simply can't be beat. For the price, ease of use, and adaptability it's great. How's the tilt compensation on yours? That's the one thing I'd love to have. Emlid's whole ecosystem of hardware/software is next level. With Emlid Caster I've had my base setup at home on WiFi and flew a small job 5 miles away while receiving RTK corrections from it. Emlid Flow makes shooting GCPs with just your phone and a rover a piece of cake. Emlid Studio on the PC can PPK just about any dataset in literally 4 or 5 clicks. Plus several other nice tools. Their customer support is also next level. I swear I'm not sponsored by them, I just really like their product. If other companies had the same business strategy *cough* DJI... That'd start to repair their damaged reputation.

I totally agree with what you said. And i have to add that my overall absolute precision gets to another level, specially with photogrammetry data after post processing. I've already processed an L1 dataset in PPK with the emlid  (photogrammetry, used the pictures while scanning for ortho creation), and due to low overlap, in pix4d i've processed them using the "high precision exif" settings (which gives more "weight" to the coordinates of the pictures instead of camera calibration), and the control points were in exact position as calibrated, in fact less than 1cm error (the flight was taken at 100m agl).

I'm very very satisfied with it.
Tilt feature is great, the only bad thing is that you need to calibrate the tilt function every time it gets fix, so if you get float, then you need to recalibrate once in fix again. Except from this, it works very well, in relative open area is perfect, while close to buildings it have few cm errors, but better than not collecting the point.

2-10 08:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules