charge cradle
283 8 1-31 02:52
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P.K.N.E.C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7566 ft

United Kingdom

For the auto discharge function to work,do the batteries have to be stored in the charge cradle,drone or does it not matter.
I ask because I charged my batteries up over 2 weeks ago and they are still showing 4 bars on each of the 3 batteries.
Cheers Paul
1-31 02:52
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The discharge function is built into the batteries, not the charging cradle. Having said that, my batteries are stored in the cradle and the bag that came with my Fly More Air 3, and the batteries have discharged as expected since I did the latest RC2 firmware update a week ago.

If your batteries aren't discharging, make sure they have the latest firmware. Insert each battery in turn into your Air 3, power it up, and check for a firmware update using your controller.
1-31 07:55
Use props
P.K.N.E.C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I did download the latest update and inserted the batteries one by one and pressed the update.
But I'll do it again.
Thanks for your reply
1-31 08:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

P.K.N.E.C Posted at 1-31 08:33
I did download the latest update and inserted the batteries one by one and pressed the update.
But I'll do it again.
Thanks for your reply

You could also try to refresh the FW via the DJI Assiatant 3 software.  Just make sure and do each battery.  Mine are on latest FW update and are discharging as advertised.  
1-31 15:35
Use props
P.K.N.E.C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-31 15:35
You could also try to refresh the FW via the DJI Assiatant 3 software.  Just make sure and do each battery.  Mine are on latest FW update and are discharging as advertised.

Thanks for your reply.
1-31 22:00
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to store the batteries in the charging hub. The charging hub automatically checks the battery power every seven days. If you don't have the Battery Charging Hub, we recommend storing the intelligent flight battery in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to ensure the built-in LiPo battery does NOT overheat. The recommended storage temperature is between 22° and 28° C. Please note that the discharging function is an Intelligent Flight Battery feature and not in the charging hub. You may try to plug in the said battery on the unit and run the DJI Fly app to check the battery percentage after discharging. Hope this helps.
2-1 01:08
Use props
P.K.N.E.C
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-1 01:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to store the batteries in the charging hub. The charging hub automatically checks the battery power every seven days. If you don't have the Battery Charging Hub, we recommend storing the intelligent flight battery in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to ensure the built-in LiPo battery does NOT overheat. The recommended storage temperature is between 22° and 28° C. Please note that the discharging function is an Intelligent Flight Battery feature and not in the charging hub. You may try to plug in the said battery on the unit and run the DJI Fly app to check the battery percentage after discharging. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply.
I do have the charging hub and the batteries are stored in there.
I have just done a refresh of  the updates on both the Air 3 ,TX and 3 batteries this time on my pc using DJI assistant consumer edition.
Which did recognise I needed to update some firmware. which I had previously done over WIFI.
Also you mention LiPo batteries but mine are Li-Ion, just a different chemistry I know  but LI-ion is a safer chemistry to work with, I have many experiences with LiPo over the years and following the rules of charge, discharge and storage is very important.
cheers Paul
2-1 01:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

P.K.N.E.C Posted at 1-31 22:00
Thanks for your reply.

No problem.  Hope you get your battery issue resolved soonest.
2-1 03:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

P.K.N.E.C Posted at 2-1 01:23
Thanks for your reply.
I do have the charging hub and the batteries are stored in there.
I have just done a refresh of  the updates on both the Air 3 ,TX and 3 batteries this time on my pc using DJI assistant consumer edition.

Thank you for your response. My apologies for the confusion. Yes, the DJI Air 3 uses Li-ion 4S type battery. Should you have further inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead.
2-3 21:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules