Reflectance panel
650 6 1-31 09:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walter_junior
lvl.2
Brazil

Hi Forum,
I have a Mavic 3 Multispectral and want to use a reflectance calibration panel. Which panel would be recommended for the drone?
Is the Micasense panel appropriate?
Thanks.

1-31 09:07
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

What is your goal in using such equipment?
1-31 10:41
Use props
walter_junior
lvl.2
Brazil

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-31 10:41
What is your goal in using such equipment?

I hope that the reflectance of multispectral images can be corrected more accurately, particularly on days with lots of clouds in a sunny sky.
1-31 10:49
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

walter_junior Posted at 1-31 10:49
I hope that the reflectance of multispectral images can be corrected more accurately, particularly on days with lots of clouds in a sunny sky.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=248939&pid=2808518
What is said in this thread is valid for the M3M, the resolution of the sensors has increased, the blue band has disappeared, it goes from GSPro to Pilot2, apart from that, it's exactly the same thing.
1-31 11:03
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

walter_junior Posted at 1-31 10:49
I hope that the reflectance of multispectral images can be corrected more accurately, particularly on days with lots of clouds in a sunny sky.

For sunny days, with lots of sparse clouds, there is not much to do. In any case it is certain that it is not with the piece of white plastic that you are going to solve the problem of the shaded areas which create contrasts in the images. Unless you put them all over the field.

The reflectance target, with DJI drones, can just be used to give a pseudo-reference on the calibration of the camera which is not provided as for a more "serious" camera. If you want really accurate results, go your way with DJI, invest in something else. Micasense, Sentera...
1-31 11:08
Use props
walter_junior
lvl.2
Brazil

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-31 11:08
For sunny days, with lots of sparse clouds, there is not much to do. In any case it is certain that it is not with the piece of white plastic that you are going to solve the problem of the shaded areas which create contrasts in the images. Unless you put them all over the field.

The reflectance target, with DJI drones, can just be used to give a pseudo-reference on the calibration of the camera which is not provided as for a more "serious" camera. If you want really accurate results, go your way with DJI, invest in something else. Micasense, Sentera...

Okay. Thanks for your reply. I also read the discussion provided by the link. However, I currently have M3M and Pix4D Mapper Pro. As I'm new, I still have questions and ask for help:
To obtain more accurate vegetation indices regarding planting conditions and compare the results obtained in different flights carried out on different days, should I use the calibration panel (I have from Micasense) or would the M3M's light sensor be sufficient?
2-1 04:39
Use props
walter_junior
lvl.2
Brazil

Okay. Thanks for your reply. I also read the discussion provided by the link. However, I currently have M3M and Pix4D Mapper Pro. As I'm new, I still have questions and ask for help:
To obtain more accurate vegetation indices regarding planting conditions and compare the results obtained in different flights carried out on different days, should I use the calibration panel (I have from Micasense) or would the M3M's light sensor be sufficient?
2-1 04:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules