223 5 2-1 03:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric Bartolo
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

I haven't used my zenmuse x5s or inspire 2 for quite some time and was going to take out for a shoot this weekend, however, I noticed some really bad corrosion has grown on my gimbal. Any idea how I can mitigate or take care of the problem please?
2-1 03:26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there, Sorry to hear this. Both the gimbal, camera, and drone need to be moisture-proof and dust-proof. If they become damp and moldy, please consider using a desiccant or moisture-proof box. About daily storage, please pay attention to temperature and humidity, and store in a ventilated and dry environment. If the device is no longer functioning properly,  you can send it back, please be assured that after receiving the drone, we can handle it properly.
2-1 20:40
Use props
Eric Bartolo
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-1 20:40
Hi there, Sorry to hear this. Both the gimbal, camera, and drone need to be moisture-proof and dust-proof. If they become damp and moldy, please consider using a desiccant or moisture-proof box. About daily storage, please pay attention to temperature and humidity, and store in a ventilated and dry environment. If the device is no longer functioning properly,  you can send it back, please be assured that after receiving the drone, we can handle it properly.

Hi Wanda, thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I did not store either the drone or the camera damp or wet in any way. They were both stored in their provided boxes in a normal room with carpet flooring so it's not too humid or cold either. Is there anything I can do now? Will the camera quality degrade or can it effect the sensor in any way? Thank you.
2-3 13:41
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Eric Bartolo Posted at 2-3 13:41
Hi Wanda, thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I did not store either the drone or the camera damp or wet in any way. They were both stored in their provided boxes in a normal room with carpet flooring so it's not too humid or cold either. Is there anything I can do now? Will the camera quality degrade or can it effect the sensor in any way? Thank you.

You can submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis and our team will send you the assessment result. http://www.dji.com/support
2-3 20:15
Use props
Eric Bartolo
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-3 20:15
You can submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis and our team will send you the assessment result. http://www.dji.com/support

Thank you Mindy for your reply. I don't think this will be covered by warranty right and there's probably not much the team can do from their end? If so, I'd have to pay for everything myself right?

Thanks.
2-7 07:47
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Eric Bartolo Posted at 2-7 07:47
Thank you Mindy for your reply. I don't think this will be covered by warranty right and there's probably not much the team can do from their end? If so, I'd have to pay for everything myself right?

Thanks.

Hi there, our team will send you a quotation based on the damage assessment. If it's not a warranty case, you may need to pay for the repair. You can also refer to the link below. https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2-7 22:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules