Transfering photots/videos
370 7 2-1 17:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Austbozz
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I'm new to this DJI Forum, what is the best/fastest way to download photos/videos to my phone and computer. If I connect my phone to my drone it gets hot and im scared it will overheat, plus it goes slow because my wifi is bad. So what other way can I download pictures and videos to my phone and computer. I would rather download them straight to my phone if thats possible.

Also, I feel if I put a picture or video on facebook or snapchat the quality gets downgraded. Is that the same for you guys? (I Have a DJI Mini 4 Pro if that matters)
2-1 17:10
Use props
Amierhj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66686 ft

United States

My DJI mini 3 gets really hot when I’m doing quick transfer but I don’t think that’s something you should be worried about.
2-1 19:14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The fastest and simplest way to transfer files from the drone is to pop the SD card, put it in a $3 USB adapter and put that in your computer.
There's no need for cables or to have your drone powered on.
2-1 19:33
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There are ways how to transfer/export the Aircraft photos and videos, you may click the link below for the step-by-step guide. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a good one.

https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper
2-1 22:00
Use props
Jan Spacil
lvl.4

Czechia

For me, the best way to transfer photos and videos to the PC from the drone is by connecting the powered off drone to the PC with a cable. The drone appears on the PC as another mass storage device (the same as a connected flash drive, for example) and I can copy the data from the drone.
At the same time, I leave the drone connected until the battery is fully charged (if I plan to fly the drone again in the next few days).
I don't use the data transfer to my phone.

As for Facebook, yes, there is a change in the quality of photos and videos, but this is not a DJI products issue, but a Facebook 'feature' in general.
2-1 22:44
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Jan Spacil Posted at 2-1 22:44
For me, the best way to transfer photos and videos to the PC from the drone is by connecting the powered off drone to the PC with a cable. The drone appears on the PC as another mass storage device (the same as a connected flash drive, for example) and I can copy the data from the drone.
At the same time, I leave the drone connected until the battery is fully charged (if I plan to fly the drone again in the next few days).
I don't use the data transfer to my phone.

This is the easiest way, but it only works with mini 4. Other drones don't work like that.
Mini 4 can be connected to a computer even without a battery, the drone will work as a card reader. But buying a simple card reader is the most universal tool)
2-2 00:09
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

I recently discovered that the fastest way to transfer the videos to a MacBook Pro is to put the nano SD card into a SD card adapter and then to use the MacBook embedded SD reader. I tested this moving 8 GB data using a nano SD USB adapter and it took about 6 minutes.  With the direct USB-C connection from the drone to the laptop it took 3 minutes.  With the SD adapter it took about 1 minute.
But the direct connection is for sure the easiest way. It works also with the Air 2S, but it requires the drone turned on.

2-2 01:14
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4354 ft
Switzerland

"If I connect my phone to my drone it gets hot and im scared it will overheat, plus it goes slow because my wifi is bad."

The drone should go into a power save mode, and worst case turn off, so it won't run too hot.
When the phone connects to the drone over WiFi it uses a local network from the drone itself. It doesn't use your home network.
Video files are rather large so the whole process will be fairly slow. As already mentioned, the best speed would likely be either direct from the card or over a USB-C cable to your PC, but then you wouldn't have them on your phone unless your phone can connect directly to the drone's USB-C port (mine can't).
2-2 01:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules