o(^-^)o
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello,
This can be usefull for beginners.

https://shotkit.com/frame-rate-vs-shutter-speed/

My question : does this apply to low light or do we have to change the shutter ?
Example for 4K 50 FPS

Thanks
2-2 12:19
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

For low light, it doesn't make sense to set the ISO any higher than 800 in my opinion (1600 the most).  I don't believe in the 180-degree rule for an action camera.  It is better to add motion blur in editing (in my opinion)
2-6 06:52
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Anonymous1 Posted at 2-6 06:52
For low light, it doesn't make sense to set the ISO any higher than 800 in my opinion (1600 the most).  I don't believe in the 180-degree rule for an action camera.  It is better to add motion blur in editing (in my opinion)

Thanks for your answer, itested it this morning, good results , i will try to upload a video
2-6 06:58
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3

Jamaica

I reside in a 50Hz country, so I never go below 1/50 with the shutter speed for low light recording (at night).     I do lock my shutter speed to 1/100 in the evenings, and set the maximum ISO to 800.        During the day my shutter speed is 1/120 or 1/240 when the camera is mounted to my FPV race drone with the ISO locked at 100 or 100-200 with an ND16 or 32  filter.
2-6 06:58
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Anonymous1 Posted at 2-6 06:52

How do you add motion blur in post?
(stupid question maybe, but I never saw this as an option in my editor)
2-27 23:38
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At 50fps, I sometimes use 1/50th shutter which is the same shutter speed recommended at 25 or 24fps. Then you get the very same motion blur. If you use 50fps and shoot at 1/100th, then you’ll get half the motion blur which is why many talk about 50fps being sharper and smoother. More frames for smoothness and a faster shutter. So at 50fps I often use a 360 degree shutter.

For Action, when I'm running around and waving the camera, I use a faster shutter, higher  than the 180 rule recommends so that the stabilisation works properly.

For shots with  little movement, I let the shutter do as it likes. The 180 rule is a guide I guess but more often than not, for various reasons, I break it.

It really depends on what you are videoing and how much movement and/or camera movement you are using.

Motion blur can be added in post on the Insta app. It's really effective and gives you the bonus of smooth 60 or 50fps with the motion blur of a slow shutter. It can be really effective.
2-28 01:30
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3

Jamaica

Montfrooij Posted at 2-27 23:38
How do you add motion blur in post?
(stupid question maybe, but I never saw this as an option in my editor)

Which editing tool are you using so we can provide the steps for THAT application?

I'm not a fan of the 180* shutter rule for an action camera.   I like keeping the shutter speed fast enough so I can get a crisp still image when desired.   Since I use Davinci Resolve, I go to OPEN FX - > FILTERS -> Motion Blur (then play with the settings as desired.
3-1 08:34
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Anonymous1 Posted at 3-1 08:34
Which editing tool are you using so we can provide the steps for THAT application?

I'm not a fan of the 180* shutter rule for an action camera.   I like keeping the shutter speed fast enough so I can get a crisp still image when desired.   Since I use Davinci Resolve, I go to OPEN FX - > FILTERS -> Motion Blur (then play with the settings as desired.

Check.
Never noticed it was there.
Thanks!
3-1 12:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules