New GEO zones 2024 - Enterprise drone max altitude?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi everyone, i have a question about the new GEO zone limits after last end 2023 update.I'm doing some LIDAR flights in the area signed in the picture, which is out of a 500m AGL geo zone. I need to survey a mountainous side, about 200ha, i'll fly as EU regulation at 120m AGL, but the absolute altutide i need to reach is 1300m MSL from taking off from 450m MSL.
I'm gonna split the survey in 4 zones, 2 from take off point till 900m MSL, and other 2 about the highest point 1300m MSL.

In that zone there's nothing even for consumer drones as geo zone restriction (like the screenshot, restriction for mavic3), if i switch to M300 geo zone i can clearly see anything.

My question is, is there any altitude restriction for Enterprise drones not visible in the GEO ZONE viewer? I'm gonna do this job with a M300 with L2.

I'm asking because 2 years ago i needed to fly on the lake, under Riva del Garda (in the screenshot), area of flight was in 500m restriction. I had a similar job, 900m MSL taking off from 80m MSL, but flying 100m AGL. In that case in GEOZONE viewer for M300 there was nothing, but once in the field, pilot2 was telling me the 500m restriction. I was lucky that i could choose another take off point in the mid of the moutain.
In this job i can't, i need to take off from the valley, then reach highest point.
Screenshot 2024-02-04 203510.jpg
2-4 11:51
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

I get the reasons for GEOZONES when it comes to consumer products...

But for the enterprise products its a bit silly the way everything is setup and managed.... We carry ratings and exemptions from local CAA that far exceed the limitations DJI have set down, so for us to access this its a giant story and many hoops of fire to jump through...

However I have had some strange things like this happen too before, but I havent been on the consumer stuff to check in a long time so cannot offer much help unfortunately.

Only thing I can add is if you checked the online website for the GEOZONES and see what its showing compared to the ENT and CONSUMER displays?
2-8 02:52
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

in the GEOZONES for Matrice 300 series area is blank. There's no altitude zone either nowhere, from last update even close to airports, where before there was an authorization zone (red), now there's only a warning zone orange.
As i can understand, if there's nothing on enterprise drone we have a 1500m altitude from take off point, which is high enough to cover operation like my own.
2-8 02:58
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Panph Posted at 2-8 02:58
in the GEOZONES for Matrice 300 series area is blank. There's no altitude zone either nowhere, from last update even close to airports, where before there was an authorization zone (red), now there's only a warning zone orange.
As i can understand, if there's nothing on enterprise drone we have a 1500m altitude from take off point, which is high enough to cover operation like my own.

In EU, DJI removed all DJI defined Geozones and requires geozone definition coming from NCAA ( until they got it, you 'll only get a warning message...).

Check with your NCAA :-)
2-8 03:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules