Left a battery in the freezer over night.... is it ok?
1620 7 2015-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

i let it come back up to room temp during the day then put it on the charger all seems good. Does freezing a battery ruin it thanks
2015-9-9
Use props
lvl.4

United States

I did that for a few hours.  I just forgot about it.   Leave it out over night and don't hit the button.  Mine was ok.   Been running strong.  YMMV
2015-9-9
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

Thanks....
2015-9-10
Use props
ovisopa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1488609 ft
Romania

Can I ask why ? Why have you placed your battery in the freezer ?

Thank you.
2015-9-10
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

OK........ just when you think you've heard it all.
2015-9-10
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

It probably would not hurt your battery.  The Inspire manual appendix indicates a < 3 month battery storage range of - 20 C  to  45 C.    Many RC enthusiasts store LiPo batteries in refrigeration both fully and partially charged with the intention of extending lifespan.  
2015-9-10
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-10 18:55
> Many RC enthusiasts store LiPo batteries in refrigeration both fully and partially charged with  ...

Hi Paul,

Mostly anecdotal with occasional doses of general principles of temperature's role in chemical metabolism.    The standard answer of those who practice this regularly often includes the idea that it won't do harm and could help. This is usually followed by a discussion on how to prevent condensation after they are removed from the lower temperatures     

These links may be helpful.  

http://www.batteryuniversity.com ... _to_store_batteries

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

Dan
2015-9-10
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

freezing generally shortens battery life greatly in my experience, though ive never done it to a lipo.  the more common NiCad batteries dont seem to like it much.
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules