278 5 2-5 10:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've been using my Pocket 3 alongside my LUMIX S5M2 and find that I can closely colour match the Osmo to the LUMIX. Shooting in DLog- M (-2 custom sharpness and -2 NR in camera) and using the DJI lut, a little shapeneing and lens correction in post, the results are very pleasing. I also used a Freewell variable ND filter to control exposure. The MIC-2, connected to a Zoom lavalier mic, worked very well too. I shot in 4K and edited the footage on a 2K timeline and the quality looks good for eventual 1080p output. Finally, the gimbal (Slow setting), manually controlled, has been working great. So I'm very pleased so far.

2-5 10:32
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Very glad to hear you are enjoying the Pocket 3. Happy filming!
2-5 12:13
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Always good to hear about someone enjoying the Pocket 3.  I love mine!  What software are you using and what kind of lens correction are you doing? This is something I have not looked into.  Thanks!
2-5 14:27
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

smbishop Posted at 2-5 14:27
Always good to hear about someone enjoying the Pocket 3.  I love mine!  What software are you using and what kind of lens correction are you doing? This is something I have not looked into.  Thanks!
Davinci Resolve. I use between -0.75 and -1.0  to reduce the distortion at the sides. You get a little bending of straight lines but it looks a bit classier in my view. Setting sharpness radius (in the colour page sharpness tab) to 0.48 (from 0.5 default) makes a nice difference too, when filming at -2 sharpness. This is recorded 4K but reduced to 2k on the timeline.
2-5 14:33
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you, I also use Davinci Resolve Studio...
2-5 15:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your experience with our DJI Osmo Pocket 3. We're glad to know that you're satisfied with our purchased product. Rest assured that we'll keep striving to provide an even better product experience. We thank you for your support.
2-6 21:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules