SD Card Causing Stuttering Video?
340 4 2-11 01:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rosewell Flyer
lvl.2

United States

I'm trying to chase down why I'm having some stuttering/jittering video in some of my 30fps panning shots.
I understand there can be a number of different reasons and fixes for this.

One thing that has me worried is my choice of sd card.
I've been using Sandisk Extreme 256GB cards and I had no thoughts at all that these would not be fast enough for 4k video.  Even looking at some of the 4k I've shot with my drone, it looks like it is 15-20MB/s.  Sandisk Extreme is supposed to be able to do 80MB/s write.
So I'm having trouble believing that my sd card could be my problem but hopefully somone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm also looking at DJI's recommended sd cards and Sandisk Extreme is not on their list.

I can say that I'm shot 4k 100fps with my Mini 4 Pro with the same Sandisk Extreme cards and it came out silky smooth.
2-11 01:09
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

Kind of dumb question; are you transferring the video to your computer's internal disk and doing the playback? Or, are you trying to playback direct from the SD Card? Must say, I am using the same card and not having any issues with the video. However, some cables and or the SD card slot are not super fast in playback. Some USB cables will not support 4K playback speeds.
2-11 20:33
Use props
Rosewell Flyer
lvl.2

United States

Dogpilot Posted at 2-11 20:33
Kind of dumb question; are you transferring the video to your computer's internal disk and doing the playback? Or, are you trying to playback direct from the SD Card? Must say, I am using the same card and not having any issues with the video. However, some cables and or the SD card slot are not super fast in playback. Some USB cables will not support 4K playback speeds.

Transferring to local drive then playing on a very powerful computer.  After further research, I really don't think it could be my memory card.  Also, I have been watching tons of other DJI drone videos and I feel like I'm seeing stuttering/juddering everywhere.

This really looks like a problem that is happening while the video is being created/compressed.
2-11 20:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Will it be fine if you post a sample video showing the said issue? Thank you very much.
2-12 02:09
Use props
AZonline
lvl.4
Flight distance : 988179 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rosewell Flyer Posted at 2-11 20:56
Transferring to local drive then playing on a very powerful computer.  After further research, I really don't think it could be my memory card.  Also, I have been watching tons of other DJI drone videos and I feel like I'm seeing stuttering/juddering everywhere.

This really looks like a problem that is happening while the video is being created/compressed.

Is the stutter/jitter happening like on the edges of your video frame? Meaning you only see it like around the edges of the video, but not in the center? The FPS in which you record can somewhat make the video look like it stutters/jitters on the edges when you play it on a high refresh display.
2-12 09:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules