How to connect DJI Mic 2 receiver to Osmo Action Cam 4?
1659 10 2-13 12:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect my DJI Mic 2 receiver to my Action cam 4, so I can have both mics feed into the camera.
If I connect the receiver directly using the usb C connector, it works, but then I have to remove the latch on the side, otherwise it doesn't fit...
So I bought a usb C male to female cable to put in between the two so the latch can stay attached to the camera... But now it doesn't work...
Eventhough they are connected, the camera does not pick up on the Mic receiver. There is no green audio bar on my screen, registering the audio from the mic receiver now...

Do I need a special usb C male to female cable?

Is there another way of connecting them? I read that using bluetooth you can only connect one mic, not both... And I need to be able to connect both...

Also, as a side question: is there a camera cage available with a horse shoe mount so the receiver can be attached to the camera?
Thanks a lot!!!

Kind regards,
Peter
2-13 12:09
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Remove the door, use the rx.  no way around it. I no longer look for type C  extendors , DI  will not release one or others made one good luck
2-13 12:20
Use props
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

So an extender cable does not work, regardless which one? It has to be connected without any piece in between?
2-13 12:36
Use props
SteezyPops
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

A normal USB-C cable works. I Just tested with the cable that came with my DJI Action 4. The DJI Mic 2 receiver has a USB-C port that you can plug the cable into.
2-13 13:59
Use props
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

Oh wow!!! That does work indeed!!! So cool... And weird... Because I did try that earlier... And then it didn't... I must have done something wrong...
But it does work now!!! Super cool. So... Is there a protective camera cage available for the Action Cam 4 either by DJI or by a third party vendor that allows the RX to be clipped on by the horse shoe slider?
Thanks a lot,
Kind regards,
Peter
2-13 14:34
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Ulanzi, neewr they make cages for it
2-13 16:23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing this query with us. We're glad to know that you've found a workaround to this setup. Currently, Osmo Action 4 only supports connecting to a maximum of one DJI Mic 2 transmitter. We hope you'll find the best recommendations that you may need regarding this accessory. Thank you for your support.
2-14 00:31
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

For the original Osmo Action cage I recommend the Ulanzi OA-19 cold shoe adapter

here with diving light
IMG_20240206_105036.jpg
IMG_20231210_110900.jpg
IMG_20230807_154046.jpg
2-14 01:12
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 2-13 12:20
Remove the door, use the rx.  no way around it. I no longer look for type C  extendors , DI  will not release one or others made one good luck

@fishy  you can use a extender
IMG_20240214_104116.jpg
IMG_20240214_104142.jpg
IMG_20240214_104238.jpg
2-14 01:48
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

lutzmix Posted at 2-14 01:48
@fishy  you can use a extender

thanks   for the confirming Lutzmix,

I would not want to lose or break the USB side door, Adding an extender also brings in to being more careful, not to damage the port. IMHO.  I personally remove and place to the side, just me
2-14 04:00
Use props
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

Thanks for all the replies! Ulanzi cold shoe clip has been ordered
2-14 11:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules