Auto turn off - Never
544 11 2-15 09:25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deelip
lvl.1

India

Please add an option to never automatically turn off the Action 4. All other action cameras have this option and it's very useful in some cases.

2-15 09:25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

We asked and it's been passed to their Team for future evaluations
2-15 10:29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This could be useful when used in conjunction with the Bluetooth Remote Controller because if you walk away from the camera and the RC disconnects and the camera goes to sleep, the RC cant reconnect, you have to manually wake up the camera before it can reconnect, this could be very bad if the camera is mounted out of reach, i.e. on the wing of an aeroplane or on the bonnet or boot of a vehicle where access is either problematic or impossible.
2-15 14:31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D781%26typeid%3D781
2-15 15:46
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D696%26typeid%3D696
2-15 15:46
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

and never even happened, they taken requests,  when the Action 3 was out and put a lot to the Action 4, gave up asking its like talking  to a wall

2-15 15:48
Use props
deelip
lvl.1

India

Maybe if I can explain my issue a little more, someone could suggest a solution.

I just moved from GoPro to DJI. I do adventure touring on motorcycles and a typical day spans 6 to 8 hours of riding. This is pretty common in the adventure touring world. Typically, the camera is turned off while I'm riding. I press the record button to awaken it and it starts recording immediately. I press record again to stop recording and put it back to sleep. All good there.

The problem is I have a mic 2 transmitter which is connected to the camera. If the mic is not connected to the camera for 15 mins it goes off automatically. This means I need to record something within 15 minutes of my last recording otherwise the mic will automatically shut down. In adventure touring you can go for an hour or more and not feel the need to record anything.

So In reality, I don't need the camera to always stay on. I need mic 2 to always stay on. Since that is not possible, I'm thinking if I could keep the camera always on, then the mic 2 will stay connected and will not turn off.

Any insight or feedback will be appreciated.
2-15 18:02
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for your suggestion. Rest assured that we'll pass it on to the corresponding team for future reference. In the meantime, you may follow our suggestions to prevent the device from automatically powering off.

① Please keep Osmo Action 4 connected to the DJI Mimo App. During this process, you need to avoid disconnection caused by turning off the screen of the phone or running the app in the background. If disconnection occurs, please reconnect in time.

② Enabled the Pre-Rec function. (Notes: When Pre-Rec mode is enabled, the user can only adjust the screen-off time and end prerecording on the camera touchscreen, while other interactions with the touchscreen are not allowed.)

③ It is recommended to use loop recording. When you need to record a normal video, just switch to the desired video mode to shoot. (It needs to start recording, the reason why loop recording is recommended is to avoid recording video taking too long and occupying too much storage.)If using loop recording, it is recommended to add an external device to charge the Osmo Action 4 to avoid the device shutting down due to insufficient power during use.

I hope the information helps. Thank you for your support.
2-15 22:48
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Understand now, looks like DJI did not understand at all.

DJI needs to continue to Mature the products, and that takes time,    they need to add either to the camera a switch for Off, Auto 15, 30. 1 Hr. or Add to the Mimo transmitter controls.

DJI allows us to use the app, as noted but its timed and you constantly have to , yes   touch the  app, and or camera. that is  what we call  wasting power.

Maybe down the road this will mature for your needs,  why the transmitter we arelimited, with the rx/tx its more then limited  good luck
in the DJI mic 2 section it was asked

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D926%26typeid%3D926
2-16 03:55
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 22:48
Hello, there. Thank you for your suggestion. Rest assured that we'll pass it on to the corresponding team for future reference. In the meantime, you may follow our suggestions to prevent the device from automatically powering off.

① Please keep Osmo Action 4 connected to the DJI Mimo App. During this process, you need to avoid disconnection caused by turning off the screen of the phone or running the app in the background. If disconnection occurs, please reconnect in time.

Hi Gamora, #1 is highly impractical for water-based sports
2-16 19:42
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 2-16 19:42
Hi Gamora, #1 is highly impractical for water-based sports

Hello, there. Thank you for your feedback and attention. Rest assured that we'll keep striving for a better product experience.
2-23 01:08
Use props
Struie Media
New

United Kingdom

I've just bought a 2nd OA4 but only just noticed this limitation not giving the option to film any longer than 30 minutes before powering off. Surely that would have been an obvious fix in the latest firmware update.
8 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules