How to screen record to Android phone as a second screen?
502 15 2-15 13:29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

Hi all,

I have read that if you screenrecord your flight with an RC pro, you will have your telemetry data on there no matter what. yet the work-around would be to actually screen record the second screen you can connect using the HDMI mini port. The screen recording of the second screen would not show the telemetry data.
If this is correct, I was wondering if it would be possible to hook up my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy A52 5G) and use that as a second screen.
That way, I can screen record on the go, which gives me the benefit of actually capturing my audio that I record using the DJI Mic 2 to my telemetry free video. I know it will "only" be in 1080p, but that resolution is fine for me

Does anyone know if this is possible? What adapters or capture devices (preferably mobile ones) would I need for this? I have seen people have used an Elgato Cam Link 4K for this purpose, if I'm not wrong. And what App on the Android phone would be a good one to capture the video there? (together with the audio)?
Thanks a lot,
Kind regards,
Peter
2-15 13:29
Use props
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-15 14:46
Even if you output via HDMI you will still see the telemetry.  The HDMI just mirrors what you see on the app screen.   It is not a clean video-only output.  On Android I use AZ Screen Recorder.

Ooh... Thanks for letting me know! Is there a way to screen record without telemetry data?
Thanks a lot,
Peter
2-15 14:48
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used this HDMI to USB capture card from Amazon on both PC and Android. There's definitely better ones out there but for $35 it's a deal. It also has an audio input to connect a mic with. OBS Studio works great on a PC to view. On Android I've used CameraFi Live but again there's probably better alternatives because I just used the first one I found.
2-15 17:02
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using the DJI RC Pro with the latest firmware version, the HDMI pure camera view output is supported (Namely, OSD information is hidden when using the HDMI output.). In addition, we don't have a recommended accessory or app for this function and hope our fellow DJI members can provide you with some suggestions. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
2-15 22:09
Use props
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-15 22:09
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using the DJI RC Pro with the latest firmware version, the HDMI pure camera view output is supported (Namely, OSD information is hidden when using the HDMI output.). In addition, we don't have a recommended accessory or app for this function and hope our fellow DJI members can provide you with some suggestions. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.

Thanks for the answer! What settings do I need to put in to use this pure hdmi output?
Thanks a lot!!!
Kind regards,
Peter
2-16 00:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP Posted at 2-16 00:48
Thanks for the answer! What settings do I need to put in to use this pure hdmi output?
Thanks a lot!!!
Kind regards,

Thank you for your response, Peter. Please select the HDMI Output to "Liveview Only". Please check the image below. Hope this helps.

2-17 02:41
Use props
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

Thanks a lot!!!
2-17 08:52
Use props
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-17 02:41
Thank you for your response, Peter. Please select the HDMI Output to "Liveview Only". Please check the image below. Hope this helps.

[view_image]

Hi,
Once again, thanks for the answer. Does the HDMI output also send audio with it? I usually screen record with the rx from the dji mic 2 attached to my RC Pro. Would that audio be carried through?
Thanks a lot,
Kind regards,
Peter
2-19 01:44
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP Posted at 2-19 01:44
Hi,
Once again, thanks for the answer. Does the HDMI output also send audio with it? I usually screen record with the rx from the dji mic 2 attached to my RC Pro. Would that audio be carried through?
Thanks a lot,

Hello, Peter. We may need to coordinate this with the respective team for further clarification. We will keep you posted once we receive a response. Thank you for your patience.
2-22 01:51
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP Posted at 2-19 01:44
Hi,
Thanks a lot,

Hello, Peter. The DJI RC Pro can be connected to another device for playing a video with sound through the Mini HDMI port. The connected HDMI display needs to have audio support. The remote controller with stop playing after connecting the display device, which will play the audio. However, when using the DJI Mic 2 with the DJI RC Pro, we have tested that the audio is only available in the screen recording function, so if the videos you output from the DJI RC Pro are not a screen recording, it may not have the audio from the DJI Mic 2. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2-29 22:45
Use props
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-29 22:45
Hello, Peter. The DJI RC Pro can be connected to another device for playing a video with sound through the Mini HDMI port. The connected HDMI display needs to have audio support. The remote controller with stop playing after connecting the display device, which will play the audio. However, when using the DJI Mic 2 with the DJI RC Pro, we have tested that the audio is only available in the screen recording function, so if the videos you output from the DJI RC Pro are not a screen recording, it may not have the audio from the DJI Mic 2. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Thanks for the follow-up! It's very much appreciated!
Just to clarify: the plan would be to screen record on the RC Pro, but push the video, without telemetry data, but with the DJI Mic 2 audio to my phone. So I would be using a screen recording. So would the audio come through in this case? Or would it only come through if I also send the telemetry data through? Thanks a lot for clarifying,
Kind regards,
Peter
3-1 00:49
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP Posted at 3-1 00:49
Thanks for the follow-up! It's very much appreciated!
Just to clarify: the plan would be to screen record on the RC Pro, but push the video, without telemetry data, but with the DJI Mic 2 audio to my phone. So I would be using a screen recording. So would the audio come through in this case? Or would it only come through if I also send the telemetry data through? Thanks a lot for clarifying,
Kind regards,

Thank you for your response. We haven't tested this function yet therefore we cannot guarantee the stability. Please note that audio can only be recorded when you connect the DJI Mic 2 to the DJI RC Pro itself and perform the screen recording.
3-2 02:39
Use props
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-2 02:39
Thank you for your response. We haven't tested this function yet therefore we cannot guarantee the stability. Please note that audio can only be recorded when you connect the DJI Mic 2 to the DJI RC Pro itself and perform the screen recording.

Thanks for the reply!
3-2 05:07
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are very much welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
3-6 21:54
Use props
Brett Walsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6518511 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did you get this working?
Were you able to use your Samsung phone to receive both video and audio via the hdmi to usb-c capture card?
3-13 08:36
Use props
djiuser_2iaELOCP6YtP
lvl.2

Belgium

Brett Walsh Posted at 3-13 08:36
Did you get this working?
Were you able to use your Samsung phone to receive both video and audio via the hdmi to usb-c capture card?

I'm still awaiting the arrival of my capture card...
3-13 11:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules