Overheating, Europe- different country, buy in USA?
354 2 2-17 02:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerard2000
lvl.1

Netherlands

I'm planning to buy an Osmo Pocket 3.

But I live in Europe and that means that the Osmo Pocket 3 can become overheated if you use it for a long time and/or at high resolutions and higher outside temperatures. This is due to the European regulation of a maximum of 48 degrees Celsius.

I want to prevent this because I want to use this Pocket 3 for a long time in a warmer outdoor environment (at 30 degrees Celsius) for recordings.

Now I know about the possibilities of filming with a lower resolution and such.
I also know that there is a workaround by putting a line of text on the SD card ("heat test").

But I would prefer a different solution and thought of:

1a) Is there an option that I can select a 'non' European country when starting the Pocket 3 for the first time, but e.g. Select USA (where the temperature limit of 48 degrees is 'not' relevant)?

1b) And does this mean that the limit of 48 degree Celcius is absent?

1c) If so, how to do this?

Or:
2) If the limit of max. 48 degrees is blocked by hardware when sold in Europe in the Pocket 3, would I be better off ordering the Pocket in a 'non' European country?
E.g. USA, China or another country?

Or does the country selection in the Pocket 3 have an influence?

I would appreciate your response and I am very grateful for it :-)
2-17 02:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regarding questing number 1, currently, this function is not supported but we will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. Also, please note that if the product is activated in Europe (where the temperature threshold cannot be set to "high"), the temperature threshold will be matched with the country code. If you are planning to bring the unit to a different country outside the EU, the temperature threshold can be changed and the only thing you need to do is refresh the country code, please refer to the below:

How to refresh the country code:

1. Obtain the GPS location of the mobile phone (via the DJI Mimo App) and refresh the country code (the device will match the corresponding temperature threshold setting according to the country code).
2. If the GPS cannot be obtained, the device obtains the nearest base station information and refresh the country code.
3. If the above two cannot be obtained, the previous country code will be used.
2-17 22:41
Use props
Gerard2000
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thank you for a clear answer and substantiation. Excellent service :-)

I hope that the relevant team can indeed implement this option in the next firmware update, because many potential buyers would really appreciate that, because then all kinds of workarounds for this problem will no longer be necessary :-)
I think that could boost sales quite a bit in Europe.

But until then I'll look for other options:
1) What happens if I boot up for the first time (right out of the new box) with the GPS on my phone set to 'OFF'?

2) What happens next if characters keep switching the GPS off or on again when using the app?
2-18 05:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules