USB Transfer files to Android
640 5 2-18 04:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0ZQWcQKPdBzF
lvl.2
Spain

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if you can transfer the files straight from your dji mini 4 pro to your android mobile, just plugging the USB from one device to another, without turning on the mini 4.

I am asking this question, because a few months ago I watched on youtube, this is possible. I tried at that time and it worked. But this week I tried it again and only let me charge the battery.

Does someone know if it was disable this feature in the last firmware?

Thanks in advances for all your answers
2-18 04:10
Use props
djiuser_0ZQWcQKPdBzF
lvl.2
Spain

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-18 04:41
Direct file transfer still works with the latest Mini 4 Pro firmware.  No need to power on the drone.  You can access both internal memory & the Micro-SD card.  In fact as I type this I am transferring ~70 GB of files directly from the drone at around 35 MB/s.

is it an android or an Iphone?
2-18 13:53
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-18 04:41
Direct file transfer still works with the latest Mini 4 Pro firmware.  No need to power on the drone.  You can access both internal memory & the Micro-SD card.  In fact as I type this I am transferring ~70 GB of files directly from the drone at around 35 MB/s.

Thanks! I've always ejected the card and used a card reader when I am not using the internal storage, I'd basically just not wanted the drone sitting there on, cooking away while it copied the files. Likely faster as well!
2-18 14:25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please consider using the QuickTransfer method for transferring files from the aircraft to the mobile device. To perform the QuickTransfer feature, you may follow the instructions below. Furthermore, other methods of transferring files can be checked via this link.

1. Power on the aircraft and wait until the self-diagnostic tests of the aircraft are complete.
2. Make sure Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on the mobile device. Launch DJI Fly and a prompt will appear to connect to the aircraft.
3. Tap Connect. Once successfully connected, the files on the aircraft can be accessed and downloaded at high speed. When connecting the mobile device to the aircraft for the first time, press and hold the power button of the aircraft for two seconds to confirm.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2-19 22:08
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-19 22:08
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please consider using the QuickTransfer method for transferring files from the aircraft to the mobile device. To perform the QuickTransfer feature, you may follow the instructions below. Furthermore, other methods of transferring files can be checked via this link.

1. Power on the aircraft and wait until the self-diagnostic tests of the aircraft are complete.

I have an rc2 controller, will the above work as you stated
2-23 17:18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

twilloo Posted at 2-23 17:18
I have an rc2 controller, will the above work as you stated

Hi, there. Please know that the QuickTransfer feature utilizes a wireless connection to transfer photos/video from the aircraft to your mobile device. You can simply turn off your remote controller during the process. I hope this information helps.
2-24 23:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules