Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chicago SkyeCam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1071959 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I have noticed everytime I go to update my Mavic 3 Pro Cine with the RC Pro, it can take hours.  The download speed is often less than 1mb per second when it's connected to Wifi with 1000 mb speeds.  I've also tried other internet connections and still, I almost go thru half the controller battery for one update.  The Mavic 2 and my current Mini 3 Pro do not have this issue.

Anyone else have this issue?
2-18 08:02
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12142077 ft
  • >>>
United States

No.  There is something up with your connection or the CDN you are connected to.
2-18 12:34
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 14031719 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you're saying you are updating your Mavic 3 Pro with an RC2? Here's your first problem.
2-18 12:50
Use props
jonk59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7655951 ft
United States

You can also update using the Desktop application.
You can find it here under softwares and drivers
https://www.dji.com/mobile/mavic-3-pro/downloads

I prefer this method as I feel it’s a lot faster and more reliable due to the drone being directly connected to the PC using USB
2-18 13:08
Use props
jonk59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7655951 ft
United States

I forgot to add, try refreshing your software for both drone and rc using the desktop app. It may just resolve your issue
2-18 13:09
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12142077 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-18 12:50
So you're saying you are updating your Mavic 3 Pro with an RC2? Here's your first problem.

Good catch. : )  Not a proper combination for sure.  
2-18 16:02
Use props
Chicago SkyeCam
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-18 12:50

Sorry, RC Pro.  Just not sure why it's so slow compared to the regular RC.  
2-18 17:17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Chicago SkyeCam Posted at 2-18 17:17
Sorry, RC Pro.  Just not sure why it's so slow compared to the regular RC.

My Classic and Air 2S both update very quickly through my RC Pro. It never takes more than 5 minutes or so. Use the browser, go to Speedtest.net and check your download speed.
2-18 20:11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, We are very sorry you had such a poor experience. It seems that the issue may be caused by abnormal network adaptation. We recommended that you try to switch the network to 2.4G or 5.8G. You may also download the DJI Assistant 2 software (consumer drone series) on our website to perform the firmware update on both drone and remote controller. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
2-19 00:22
Use props
Chicago SkyCam
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-18 20:11
My Classic and Air 2S both update very quickly through my RC Pro. It never takes more than 5 minutes or so. Use the browser, go to Speedtest.net and check your download speed.

I will try taking it off dual band for the next update.    I ran  a speedtest with the RC Pro on the browser and it got 450 mbs so it's definitely something on DJI's side.  The updates typically show less than 1Mbs speed.   
2-19 07:26
Use props
GuiG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 887457 ft
Netherlands

I always use the DJI Desktop app. In the past, I used to update through the RC pro, but since I had some trouble and found modules 'out of sync' with the rest and needed partial upgrading, I constantly update with the desktop app. To make sure that the update is the right one.

My download speed is rapid. I do not know what caches the DJI assistant app uses. But maybe it is worth looking at that. Enough free space on your primary drive may help, too. Maybe that is the problem.

You can always try to use a wired connection to your computer. That is always the quickest connection.
2-20 00:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules