294 8 2-18 15:21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

When DJI had no RC Pro available I ordered from Amazon. Or maybe I did it because shipping to Alaska takes so much time. There was a link  to go to the DJI store and I thought I was ordering from DJI through  Amazon but it turns out I wasn't. I was ordering from a Chinese company  and there is no warranty on my RC Pro. I'm sure I simply failed to look  closely as to who it is being sold by but just know that if you are not  ordering directly from DJI it could be through a third party. In my case  the warranty is for anyone in China. I'm not .  I've sent it in to see what the repair would cost. It's rather minor.  One antenna swivels freely when they are opened. It may still be working  but it won't stay "pointed" to the flat side as it should be so it's  not optimal. I have other controllers so I won't be without my drone or  anything but it's ground shipping from Alaska so it's going to take a  while. I bound an older RC controller. It's not listed as compatible by  DJI but it seems to work.
2-18 15:21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for any issue you encountered. Please rest assured, the local team will check the controller when they receive the package and provide the best offer to you. Please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance during the service, I will try my best to help.
2-18 17:36
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-18 17:36
Hi there, sorry for any issue you encountered. Please rest assured, the local team will check the controller when they receive the package and provide the best offer to you. Please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance during the service, I will try my best to help.

Nothing for you to be sorry for.  I made the mistake of buying from a non-dji retailer although Amazon is partly to blame because it DID look like it was coming from DJI.  DJI support has always been top notch. Now we'll see how expensive it is. It's just a bad antenna so I'm hoping for the best (ie not too expensive to fix   )
2-18 17:53
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

digibud Posted at 2-18 17:53
Nothing for you to be sorry for.  I made the mistake of buying from a non-dji retailer although Amazon is partly to blame because it DID look like it was coming from DJI.  DJI support has always been top notch. Now we'll see how expensive it is. It's just a bad antenna so I'm hoping for the best (ie not too expensive to fix   )

Thank you for your understanding on this case, and hope you receive the controller back soon.
2-18 19:46
Use props
Chicago SkyCam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 735430 ft
United States

Amazon is awful with some of these 3rd party resellers.  it took some work but I went at them and they did refund a tripod I had issues with.
2-18 20:46
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-18 19:46
Thank you for your understanding on this case, and hope you receive the controller back soon.

Amazon is refunding the controller after almost a year. That was a surprise.  I have the RC bound to my Mav3 Pro. I took it from my Mav 3 that I don't use often so now... will I reorder an RC Pro. Maybe....that brighter screen is the big selling point for me. Gotta think on it. .
2-20 07:59
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As mentioned above, Amazon is refunding the price of the controller so it is being sent back to Amazon.  I didn't know if there was a procedure for letting DJI know I was not following through with sending the unit back.
2-22 10:22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

digibud Posted at 2-22 10:22
As mentioned above, Amazon is refunding the price of the controller so it is being sent back to Amazon.  I didn't know if there was a procedure for letting DJI know I was not following through with sending the unit back.

I am sorry, I think I just got dizzy seeing refunding as refusing. My mistake. Good to hear about this. Please feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance from our end in the future, we are glad to help.
2-22 19:19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the warning.
I feel Amazon is misleading their customers on purpose with their sketchy website and misleading information.
I have returned stuff more than once because it was not legit. Even though it stated it was.
And I know they have their business model with other shops on Amazon, but still, it's their website.
3-10 01:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules