Mavic 3 Purple hues and banding in the sky - just sell it?
312 11 2-18 22:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brains2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 548222 ft
South Africa

I have been waiting months/years for a fix to the Mavic 3 for the purple hues and banding in the sky issue when using D Log. All I can find online and in threads here are promises by DJI that it is not a hardware issue and is a firmware issue and they are going to sort it out but no fix has been given which by now must mean DJI cant fix it or does not want to.
The Mavic 3 Cine and the Pro appear to have the same issues and no fix. Before I dump this product as defective and look for a product that does work, does anyone have an input or a solution for this problem? Really disapointing for a product using a Hassleblad camera that showed so much promise.

Note - All firmware is up to date.

2-18 22:50
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. We understand the inconvenience. Does this issue show up in ISO 6400 24 fps? If so and you already tried updating or refreshing the firmware, please send the aircraft back to DJI for further inspection. You can submit a Repair Request on the DJI website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.
2-19 01:05
Use props
Brains2
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 2-19 01:05
Hi there. We understand the inconvenience. Does this issue show up in ISO 6400 24 fps? If so and you already tried updating or refreshing the firmware, please send the aircraft back to DJI for further inspection. You can submit a Repair Request on the DJI website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.

I film only during good sunlight conditions at 30fps and ISO is at "auto" (the ISO couldnt exceed 400 in those conditions) and as stated, the firmware is updated, so the answer to you question is no. Do you have any other solutions?
2-19 02:03
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Brains2 Posted at 2-19 02:03
I film only during good sunlight conditions at 30fps and ISO is at "auto" (the ISO couldnt exceed 400 in those conditions) and as stated, the firmware is updated, so the answer to you question is no. Do you have any other solutions?

Do you have any sample photos? I will forward this to the relevant team to check. Thank you for your patience.
2-19 02:22
Use props
Brains2
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 2-19 02:22
Do you have any sample photos? I will forward this to the relevant team to check. Thank you for your patience.

The problem is when using D Log as stated, so what I think you mean is video. What I can do is take screen shots of a video with this problem. If more are needed there are many more examples of this complaint on this forum already. Please see attached.
2-19 04:05
Use props
ZmoothOperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187516 ft
Norway

Are you saying that this banding is in the original file, prior to any processing? I can only make such banding appear if I render to 8 bit video...
2-19 14:05
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

Also, what videoplayer are you using?
2-19 14:10
Use props
Brains2
lvl.2
South Africa

ZmoothOperator Posted at 2-19 14:05
Are you saying that this banding is in the original file, prior to any processing? I can only make such banding appear if I render to 8 bit video...

Thats hard to say or see as the original D Log file is as a D Log file is, grey and without any "definition"  The snap shots above are the orignal file with the DGI LUT applied. If I try using my own color correction without using the DJI LUT, I have the same results. I will have to check what bit rate is being used.
2-19 23:17
Use props
Brains2
lvl.2
South Africa

Killerbee Posted at 2-19 14:10
Also, what videoplayer are you using?

Filmora 13 is being used
2-19 23:21
Use props
Brains2
lvl.2
South Africa

ZmoothOperator Posted at 2-19 14:05
Are you saying that this banding is in the original file, prior to any processing? I can only make such banding appear if I render to 8 bit video...

Heres the strangest thing - so I opened up the project that I took those snapshots off from yesterday and all the purple hue and banding have disapered completely, so my problem seems software related, what changed overnight is a mystery to me as I have had this issue for a long time and seen it when going back to the same footage more than once over a period of more than a year. I deleted that project, opened a new project, imported the same footage and it all seems good. I never had this issue using the Air2s and only the Mavic 3 which only adds to the mystery, lets hope my problems are over even tho I cant explain what happened to fix it :-)
2-20 00:27
Use props
Brains2
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 2-19 02:22

Hi Tony, as posted above the issue seems to have been rectified
2-20 00:39
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Brains2 Posted at 2-20 00:39
Hi Tony, as posted above the issue seems to have been rectified

Perfect. Please keep us posted if the issue persists. We appreciate your valued support.
2-20 02:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules