Forgot to remove black padding behind camera gimbal.
282 7 2-21 03:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wolfwater69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1685472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you think my camera gimbal is ok if I forgot to pull the black  padding in the back of the camera when it was new while turning it on?  Are the motors ok?
2-21 03:14
Use props
djiuser_VXdAo6uMqT9Q
lvl.1

United States

It should be fine. I did the same thing and got a message “gimbal overheat”. I removed the padding and have been flying for days with no problems.
2-21 06:55
Use props
ShadowyMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48392 ft
Canada

On a related note, I kept the black foam and put it behind the gimbal when transporting the drone in (one of) its case. Keeps it from getting jostled or vibrated too much. Combined with the gimbal cover, this provides decent protection.

Obviously, you need to remove it as part of your preflight!
2-21 08:34
Use props
wolfwater69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ShadowyMan Posted at 2-21 08:34
On a related note, I kept the black foam and put it behind the gimbal when transporting the drone in (one of) its case. Keeps it from getting jostled or vibrated too much. Combined with the gimbal cover, this provides decent protection.

Obviously, you need to remove it as part of your preflight!

The gimbal still works. So do you think I should stop worrying about it?
2-21 12:25
Use props
wolfwater69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_VXdAo6uMqT9Q Posted at 2-21 06:55
It should be fine. I did the same thing and got a message “gimbal overheat”. I removed the padding and have been flying for days with no problems.

Ok, Im gonna try to worrying about it?
2-21 12:26
Use props
wolfwater69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-21 03:26
If you only had the foam inserted for a short period of time it is unlikely to have created a problem.  If you flew around with the camera locked up for days then that may be an issue.  Just fly it & find out if the camera behaves normally.

Thanks, it worked fine after flying it the fist time!
2-21 12:28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take it out for a test flight.  If it flies right and you can move the gimbal without it throwing any errors then forget about worrying.  
2-21 14:27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please send us a clear picture of the padding that you are referring to for us to check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2-22 01:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules