Avata camera tilted down at 0 degrees
400 19 2-22 03:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3592428 ft
Romania

Hi, I have an issue with my Avata. I've started flying it in Normal Mode and switch it to Manual. After a while I've wanted to come back to me and land it and because there was an area with trees and branches I've switch it back to Normal mode to "keep it safe", but after that my camera tilted down to maximum(i guess) even if the tilt was set to 0 as you can see in the image attached, and I could not move the drone. I had to put it in Manual Mode again to come back to me and land it.
Anyone else had this issue?
It was not very windy or something.
The drone is new. It's a sealed replacement unit for my crashed Avata. Also I can see that when i take off the camera protection, the camera tilts dow by default(when powered off). I remember that my old Avata had the camera pointing forward.

avata tilt.jpg
2-22 03:14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, sunete. Thank you for reaching out.  DJI Avata features a single-axis gimbal. If the camera view becomes tilted when the aircraft is hovering in Normal mode, this indicates that the aircraft body is tilted. Please try the following operations:
1. Make sure that there is no strong wind in the flight environment.
2. Make sure that the GPS signal is strong in the flight environment.
3. Calibrate the aircraft IMU.
4. Calibrate the aircraft compass.
5. Calibrate the remote controller.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2-23 03:11
Use props
sunete
lvl.3
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-23 03:11
Hi, sunete. Thank you for reaching out.  DJI Avata features a single-axis gimbal. If the camera view becomes tilted when the aircraft is hovering in Normal mode, this indicates that the aircraft body is tilted. Please try the following operations:

Hi, DJI Gamora,
Thank you for your reply.
The first two conditions were totally met. I will try the calibrations and test it again and keep you posted.
The main issue was that I couldn't even move from that spot.
Hopefully it was just an isolate case.
Thanks,
sunete
2-23 03:24
Use props
sunete
lvl.3
Romania

Hi again ,

I've made the calibrations but i could not test if the issue is gone as at the moment I can only fly indoor, and I cannot test the Manual Mode.. But as I was looking at a wall and I discovered another issue, and after looking again at the video on the SD card of the Avata, another issue has revealed..
So, when I was flying indoor right now, and i was looking at a wall, i saw a black circle like a burnin in the goggles. I looked at the camera and is clean and has no scratches. Afetr that i was looking in the footage on the sd card to see if the burn is visible also, and yes, even when i had the issue from the topic, the burnin like circle is visible especialy when the camera is pointed on light surfaces. and another thing pop in when looking at the footage: there are some artefacts that are present in the goggles and on the SD also.
The Avata is like new, it has no more than 7 flights maximum, without crashes or anything. I also have Care Refresh active on it, but i don't want to pay for a replace unit, as this is for sure a manufacturing issue.
Please advise asap.
Thanks,
Alin
2-23 04:42
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

sunete Posted at 2-23 04:42
Hi again ,

I've made the calibrations but i could not test if the issue is gone as at the moment I can only fly indoor, and I cannot test the Manual Mode.. But as I was looking at a wall and I discovered another issue, and after looking again at the video on the SD card of the Avata, another issue has revealed..

Try reformat your SD card for the issues with those lines.
Not sure about the spot though
2-23 04:48
Use props
sunete
lvl.3
Romania

D35Archangel Posted at 2-23 04:48
Try reformat your SD card for the issues with those lines.
Not sure about the spot though

Thanks for the reply but I don't think that the sd has anything to do with the lines, as these are visible in the goggles too.
2-23 04:50
Use props
sunete
lvl.3
Romania

Hi DJI  Gamora,

Can you please advise for the rest of my issues with the Avata?

Thanks,
sunete
2-26 02:03
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sunete Posted at 2-23 03:24
Hi, DJI Gamora,
Thank you for your reply.
The first two conditions were totally met. I will try the calibrations and test it again and keep you posted.

Thank you for the update, sunete. If the issue persists after the above operations have been tried, please send their product back to DJI for diagnosis.
2-26 04:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sunete Posted at 2-26 02:03
Hi DJI  Gamora,

Can you please advise for the rest of my issues with the Avata?

Hello there. For the black circle issue, may we ask if the pictures you have sent are the original ones? If not, can you please upload the original files to a Google Drive or Dropbox so we can further check? We will wait for your reply.
2-26 04:08
Use props
sunete
lvl.3
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-26 04:08
Hello there. For the goggles issue, may we ask if the pictures you have sent are the original ones? If not, can you please upload the original files to a Google Drive or Dropbox so we can further check? We will wait for your reply.

these are screenshots of the videos. But there is no goggles issue, but Camera issue. i just posted screnshot from the original video and also from the goggles. Do you want me to upload you the videos from the drone and also from the goggles?
2-26 04:12
Use props
sunete
lvl.3
Romania

Hi DJI Gamora,

You can download the video from this link https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ahv7IApyn27PgZtpKN-C0RMetxIdOQ?e=UeiuhP
The video is recorded right now and it shows also the black circle and also the artefacts from the screenshots above. This video is straight from the internal memory of the avata, to eliminate an SD card bug.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Alin
2-26 04:34
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sunete Posted at 2-26 04:34
Hi DJI Gamora,

You can download the video from this link https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ahv7IApyn27PgZtpKN-C0RMetxIdOQ?e=UeiuhP

Thank you for the video, Alin. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll get back to you once we receive an update.
2-26 04:37
Use props
sunete
lvl.3
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-26 04:37
Thank you for the video, Alin. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll get back to you once we receive an update.

Hi DJI Gamora,

Any update for my issues with the Avata? It's been over a week since I've sent the video. If you need anything else, please let me know, but please give me a solution asap. As I've said, the unit has around 35 minutes flight time and was received as exchange unit for my crashed Avata. I have Care Refresh  also for this unit, but I don't want to pay for a replacement, as this is certainly a defective product right out of the box.
Please give me an update.

Thank you,
Alin
3-5 03:46
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sunete Posted at 3-5 03:46
Hi DJI Gamora,

Any update for my issues with the Avata? It's been over a week since I've sent the video. If you need anything else, please let me know, but please give me a solution asap. As I've said, the unit has around 35 minutes flight time and was received as exchange unit for my crashed Avata. I have Care Refresh  also for this unit, but I don't want to pay for a replacement, as this is certainly a defective product right out of the box.

Hi, Alin. Thank you for patiently waiting. Our relevant team recommended testing in a different environment, if all environments have the same issue, that is not normal, please send back the product for checking.  If this issue only happened in a specific environment, please provide the test results.
3-5 03:54
Use props
sunete
lvl.3
Romania

Hi DJI Gamora,
Thank you for your reply. The drone has the same issue in all environment, as you can see in the pictures attached, the "black circle" and the artefacts were first observed in my holiday video(outside-flying) and the video that i've sent you is taken in my room , pointing a wall, because it's easy to observe when pointing to a light surface.
I will contact DJI Support for a solution, as I've should done from the start..

Thank you,
Alin
3-5 04:19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sunete Posted at 3-5 04:19
Hi DJI Gamora,
Thank you for your reply. The drone has the same issue in all environment, as you can see in the pictures attached, the "black circle" and the artefacts were first observed in my holiday video(outside-flying) and the video that i've sent you is taken in my room , pointing a wall, because it's easy to observe when pointing to a light surface.
I will contact DJI Support for a solution, as I've should done from the start..

Hi, Alin. Thank you for the update. Since the issue happens in all environments, we highly suggest sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
3-7 01:24
Use props
sunete
lvl.3
Romania

Hi DJI Gamora,

Thank you for your message.
I have submited an online repair request and right now the drone was colected by the delivery company to the DJI repair center.
Hopefuly i will get it back soon.. and working
Thank you for your help and advise.
Have a nice day.
Alin
3-7 01:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

sunete Posted at 3-7 01:30
Hi DJI Gamora,

Thank you for your message.

You are very much welcome, sunete. Rest assured that we will conduct further diagnostics on the unit at our facility and will keep you updated via email. Should you have further inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
3-8 05:35
Use props
sunete
lvl.3
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 01:24
Hi, Alin. Thank you for the update. Since the issue happens in all environments, we highly suggest sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

Hi DJI Gamora and Paladin,

Just wanted to keep you posted about the issues described in this topic.
So, after talking with you guys, I've contacted DJI Support and submitted a repair request on March 5th.
On March 7th, the drone was colected by the delivery company. On March 12th I was contacted by a nice lady from DJI(sory for not remembering her name) and she was even speak my language(Romanian), even the DJI service that handled my request is based in Hungary. She told me that after inspection, all my related issues were confirmed and that i will not get my drone repaired but i will get a new one in return. So  today, 15th of March, after just 8 working days(including international shipping) from my online repair request was submitted, I have just received my new Avata, ready to fly.
Thank you guys for your advice and support, and for handling this kind of issues with such professionalism.
Have a great weekend!
Alin
3-15 06:02
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sunete Posted at 3-15 06:02
Hi DJI Gamora and Paladin,

Just wanted to keep you posted about the issues described in this topic.

Thank you for the positive feedback, sunete. We're glad that we were able to help you in this matter. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum.
3-17 18:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules