RC Plus Overheat & Aircraft Overheat Simultaneously in flight.
426 13 2-26 21:10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wildsky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3993990 ft
Australia

Hi,Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or can shed some light on possible causes, before i start changing firmware and controllers again.

Issue:

During some short test flights after recently moving to the RC Plus controller (New) for my M300 i received the following messages simultaenously. (Image below).
1. Flight Controller Overheat.
2. Aircraft Overheated.
(No excessive heat noticed on controller or aircraft(after landing) at any time.)
The screenshot is post landing after an auto RTH activation triggered by the warnings.

Background:
The M300 very recently had a premium service completed by DJI and was operating fine on the original smart controller, and operating in these temps or higher had never been a problem.
There were no issues with updating to the RC Plus and all firmware (Aircraft, RC Plus and batteries etc.) was updated as per latest release on 22 Feb 2024.

All flight testing was normal, but after about 5-10 mins of operation both warnings were triggered simultaenously, which i thought unusual.
The warnings were triggered on several flights under similar conditions.
All vents clear and fans appeared to be operating normally.
Temperture in operating area around 35C on the ground, so well within normal operating parameters.
Thanks

Overheat Issue.png

2-26 21:10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Wildsky. Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience. May we ask for the firmware versions of the drone and RC?
2-26 21:49
Use props
Wildsky
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-26 21:49
Hi, Wildsky. Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience. May we ask for the firmware versions of the drone and RC?

Hi Gamora,
Aircraft Firmware: v59.01.00.01
Remote Controller Firmware: v03.02.09.07 (DJI RC Plus)
Thanks
2-26 21:58
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wildsky Posted at 2-26 21:58
Hi Gamora,

Thanks for the reply, Wildsky. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. I'll let you know once we receive an update.
2-27 01:46
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wildsky Posted at 2-26 21:58
Hi Gamora,

Thank you for patiently waiting, here's an update from our relevant team:
• Please confirm whether the drone is flying a complex route;
• Please test manually operated drones.

If the problem persists, it indicates that there is a problem with the flight control heat dissipation, please send the aircraft back to the factory for testing. If this anomaly occurs only on a complex route flight, please use a simpler route to avoid the anomaly caused by excessive calculation of flight control. Hope this helps.
2-29 02:26
Use props
Wildsky
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-29 02:26
Thank you for patiently waiting, here's an update from our relevant team:
• Please confirm whether the drone is flying a complex route;
• Please test manually operated drones.

Thankyou for your response.
The flights were very basic manual test flights for the new RC Plus.
I have since downgraded aircraft firmware for operation with the original smart controller,
Aircraft Firmware: v09.00.05.03 Remote Controller Firmware: v09.00.05.01.
I have completed flights in similar conditions without any issue in this configuration.

The issue is either triggered by a faulty RC Plus (brand new) or the firmware, so not an issue with the aircraft.
The fact that both warnings (aircraft and RC) are triggered simultaneously is very unusual.
I have logged the issue directly with DJI Support.
Thanks
2-29 16:28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wildsky Posted at 2-29 16:28
Thankyou for your response.
The flights were very basic manual test flights for the new RC Plus.
I have since downgraded aircraft firmware for operation with the original smart controller,

Thank you for the reply, Wildsky. Since you have contacted our DJI Support, I assumed that they already provided you with a resolution. If not, please let us know so we can further assist you.
3-5 00:38
Use props
Wildsky
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-5 00:38
Thank you for the reply, Wildsky. Since you have contacted our DJI Support, I assumed that they already provided you with a resolution. If not, please let us know so we can further assist you.

Hi Gamora,
The issue is still unresolved so waiting for further updates.
I will post again when I get a resolution.
Thanks
3-6 21:27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wildsky Posted at 3-6 21:27
Hi Gamora,
The issue is still unresolved so waiting for further updates.
I will post again when I get a resolution.

Thank you for the reply, Wildsky. Please check the details below as well:

Please confirm whether the drone is flying a complex route. Please test manually operated drones. If the problem persists, it indicates that there is a problem with the flight control heat dissipation, please send the aircraft back to the factory for testing.

If this anomaly occurs only on a complex route flight, please plan a simpler route to avoid the anomaly caused by excessive calculation of flight control.
3-11 22:51
Use props
Wildsky
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-11 22:51

Please confirm whether the drone is flying a complex route. Please test manually operated drones. If the problem persists, it indicates that there is a problem with the flight control heat dissipation, please send the aircraft back to the factory for testing.

Hi Gamora,
Please see my reply on 29/02/2024 which covers these questions.
To confirm since downgrading to the original smart controller and appropriate m300 firmware there has been no issue with controller or M300, so it is related to the m300 firmware for rc plus or the RC Plus itself.
Thanks
3-11 23:15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wildsky Posted at 3-11 23:15
Hi Gamora,
Please see my reply on 29/02/2024 which covers these questions.
To confirm since downgrading to the original smart controller and appropriate m300 firmware there has been no issue with controller or M300, so it is related to the m300 firmware for rc plus or the RC Plus itself.

Thank you for the reply, Wildsky. Were you using the same route after the downgrade?
3-14 17:34
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13440348 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-11 22:51

I'm genuinely curious what DJI would consider a complex route? What would a hypothetical complex route include?
3-23 19:28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-23 19:28
I'm genuinely curious what DJI would consider a complex route? What would a hypothetical complex route include?

Hi, Johnnokomis. Let me confirm this with our relevant team.
3-25 04:48
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-23 19:28

Thank you for patiently waiting. Here's an update from our relevant team: A complex route is an excessive number of waypoints or a very irregular area. Hope this helps.
3-27 03:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules