Be Gentle!
1377 16 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QECadmin
lvl.3

United States

Got my ND on my bird, took it for a spin, still figuring out the best pre-settings so I can play with it in post using Premiere;

Critique welcome - it's how we get better, right! This is where I get to work and play
2015-9-11
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

Very cool! love the shots of the printer!  What ND were you using.  I have the 8 and the 16.  Only one test with them so far.  
2015-9-11
Use props
QECadmin
lvl.3

United States

jaronpv@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-11 10:22
Very cool! love the shots of the printer!  What ND were you using.  I have the 8 and the 16.  Only o ...

Thanks! I am using the DJI ND16. This was my first flight out with the ND16 - I am not too happy with the darkness...which is an easy post edit fix, but overall, I probably won't fly without the ND moving forward, the difference in quality is exactly as everyone has said before - AMAZING!
2015-9-11
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, very nice colour depth. Don't be afraid to fill the frame with the important bits, ie the company logo / building. You could video at 4K and crop in. Use the scenery to set the mood - like many cinematic clichés grand panorama - coming in closer and closer to the main subject - (the building and logo)... All-in-all great first effort.
2015-9-11
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

QECadmin Posted at 2015-9-11 10:30
Thanks! I am using the DJI ND16. This was my first flight out with the ND16 - I am not too happy wi ...

sweet! Have you used the ND 8? or 4? What do you think of them?
2015-9-11
Use props
QECadmin
lvl.3

United States

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-11 12:16
Hi, very nice colour depth. Don't be afraid to fill the frame with the important bits, ie the compan ...

Thanks Phuglie - invaluable info - will be working on perfecting the process and taking all info onboard to get better at it - thanks a bunch!
2015-9-11
Use props
QECadmin
lvl.3

United States

jaronpv@hotmail Posted at 2015-9-11 12:38
sweet! Have you used the ND 8? or 4? What do you think of them?

Not yet - when i went to the local distributor here he recommended hands down to go with the ND16...so I didn't grab the others...I might one of these days though.
2015-9-11
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Nice video!  Deep color and sharp.  
Reminds me of the machines I work on, sorta.  I install, maintain  and repair digital duplicators, high end color and monochrome MFP's in networked environments.
2015-9-11
Use props
bag1
lvl.1
United States

1:26 the shot looks a little underexposed.  But all the aerial stuff looks great... nice smooth motion, level horizon.  I have to get an ND filter.  With the filter on, how much were you able to slow the shutter speed down?
Looks great.
Could use some more tight shots.  Maybe something with the sign on the building full frame.  dolly across it or maybe truck backwards off the roof where the sign is...
2015-9-11
Use props
QECadmin
lvl.3

United States

bag1 Posted at 2015-9-11 17:59
1:26 the shot looks a little underexposed.  But all the aerial stuff looks great... nice smooth moti ...

• Shot in 4K @ 24fps
  • ISO 100
  • Shutter Speed 50 (recommended double the fps rate)

Thanks for the advice, this is not a hobby for the faint at heart, LOL! There's a lot to learn...I took a look at the folder I used to build this 2:18 clip, and it required no less than 13gb of 'stuff' - of which total flying time footage amounted to approximately 32mins + a decent 4hrs of tinkering in Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere...!!

The only way we can all get better is to practice, be patient, practice, be patient etc.

2015-9-11
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

QECadmin Posted at 2015-9-11 22:08
  • Shot in 4K @ 24fps
  • ISO 100
  • Shutter Speed 50 (recommended double the fps rate)

• You got it, it needs dedication to come up with masterpieces, or in my case pieces stuck together LOL

The shots of the printers are they done with the phantom too ?????
    2015-9-11
    Use props
    QECadmin
    lvl.3

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-11 20:24
    You got it, it needs dedication to come up with masterpieces, or in my case pieces stuck together  ...

Thanks Willie! Nah...the shots of equipment were done with my iPhone 6PLUS - and yeah...it's a HUGE phone
    2015-9-11
    Use props
    capbat
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 54905 ft
    • >>>
    Canada

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-11 14:16
    Hi, very nice colour depth. Don't be afraid to fill the frame with the important bits, ie the compan ...

Hey you know your stuff!!!
    The music is not appropriate, to fast paste for the long shots you have in there.
    Either put up a faster paste music, or cut your shots to 3 to 4 seconds.

Bat
    2015-9-11
    Use props
    QECadmin
    lvl.3

United States

capbat Posted at 2015-9-11 21:05
    Hey you know your stuff!!!
    The music is not appropriate, to fast paste for the long shots you have ...

Great points - this is what makes learning fun! Bouncing ideas is a good way to pick up good habits - thanks for the input
    2015-9-11
    Use props
    tylerstock
    lvl.1

Canada

for "pre settings" shoot in log.
    2015-9-11
    Use props
    QECadmin
    lvl.3

United States

Made a few suggested changes: Shortened the clips, added effects, graded color a little, and switched out the music.

2015-9-12
    Use props
    capbat
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 54905 ft
    • >>>
    Canada

QECadmin Posted at 2015-9-12 22:06
    Made a few suggested changes: Shortened the clips, added effects, graded color a little, and switche ...

Much better.
    2015-9-13
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules