349 12 3-2 06:58
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marc 74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 524377 ft
France

Hello,
The SD card (64 Gb) formatted in the Mini 2 cannot be read on my PC (running on Windows 11).
It is not recognized by the PC card reader.

This makes it troublesome to transfer drone photos to the PC.

Is that a known issue ?
Thanks.
Marc

3-2 06:58
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Marc 74. Have you already tried using a different card reader, or using a different microSD to confirm where the problem is?
3-3 00:33
Use props
Marc 74
lvl.2
France

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 00:33
Hi, Marc 74. Have you already tried using a different card reader, or using a different microSD to confirm where the problem is?

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
I have tried with another card, and a different card reader, it is the same issue.
When the card is connected to the PC (directly in the card reader), I can see in the disk manager of the PC (see screenshot, sorry it's in french). I cannot assign a drive letter to it.
Thanks.
Marc

Capture d'écran 2024-03-04 104933.png
3-4 01:52
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Marc 74 Posted at 3-4 01:52
Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
I have tried with another card, and a different card reader, it is the same issue.

Hello there. It may be an issue with the computer itself. Please check if the issue will persist after using a different computer. Thank you for your patience.
3-4 03:48
Use props
Marc 74
lvl.2
France

DJI Tony Posted at 3-4 03:48
Hello there. It may be an issue with the computer itself. Please check if the issue will persist after using a different computer. Thank you for your patience.

Hello, yes, the problem is the same on another computer.
I wouldn't ask here for help if problem was obvious.
I think it's a real compatibility issue with the way the Mini 2 formats the card, using exFAT filesystem, and a PC under Windows 11 (or 10, or 8). Is this even supposed to work ?
Thanks,
Marc
3-4 10:31
Use props
hoveringal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132493 ft

United States

Not sure if this helps, but... I have a dash cam that records in 1080p. When I try to open it on my IMAC it wont as its incompatible. I then pen it on a PC, transfer it to a memory card, put it in the IMAC and it opens.  confusing but TA DA.
3-4 15:13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's something odd about formatting in the drone.
There are also  issues with formatting in the drone preventing data recovery software from working on the SD card.

So just format it in the computer.
It works fine that way ... There's no reason not to.

3-4 16:19
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Interesting, the cards I have in my Mini 4 and RC2 , both formatted by the RC2, can both be read by my windows 10 laptop, either by an SD card holder for the micro SD card, or by a card reader plugged into the USB C or A port. The same cards, when inserted into my Integra goggles and formatted by the goggles are no longer detectable by my windows 10 laptop.
If I turn on and plug in the goggles to the laptop with a usb C to C or C to A cable, windows 10 immediately detects and reads the card as a drive.
The cards are either Sandik Extreme Pro 128 or Extreme Plus 256 gig cards, and all function perfectly.
3-4 18:27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Marc 74 Posted at 3-4 10:31
Hello, yes, the problem is the same on another computer.
I think it's a real compatibility issue with the way the Mini 2 formats the card, using exFAT filesystem, and a PC under Windows 11 (or 10, or 8). Is this even supposed to work ?

I see. let me check this with the relevant team. I will get back to this thread with an update. I appreciate your patience.
3-6 03:01
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Marc 74 Posted at 3-4 10:31
Hello, yes, the problem is the same on another computer.

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. If the Mini 2 always formats the SD card abnormally, may we please know what microSD card are you using and when the formatting was done? It is suggested to use an SD card from the recommended list on the DJI official website: https://www.dji.com/global/support/product/mini-2. The aircraft log is also requested. You can get it by connecting the Mini 2 to your computer, launching the DJI Assistant 2, choosing "Log Export" and then clicking "Save to local". The final exported data are ".dat" files. You can upload it to Google Drive and then send us the link. We appreciate your patience.
3-10 05:25
Use props
Marc 74
lvl.2
France

Hello,
My SD card is supported by the mini 2 (64 Gb SanDisk Extrem V30 A2.
I was able to fix the problem this way : formating the SD card using the "SD Memory Card Formatter" by sdcard.org, then insert it in a RC-2 controler, format it again by the controler, then insert it in the Mini2. It can now be used by the Mini 2, and is recognized by the PC.
3-11 10:39
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I use a MacBook for all my transfers.  Never have any issues.  But I have tried a Windows 11 machine and haven't had any issues either.
3-13 11:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Marc 74 Posted at 3-11 10:39
Hello,
My SD card is supported by the mini 2 (64 Gb SanDisk Extrem V30 A2.
I was able to fix the problem this way : formating the SD card using the "SD Memory Card Formatter" by sdcard.org, then insert it in a RC-2 controler, format it again by the controler, then insert it in the Mini2. It can now be used by the Mini 2, and is recognized by the PC.

Hi there. Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We appreciate your valued support.
3-14 00:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules