Mic feedback when powered on Lumix s5iix
208 8 3-2 21:34
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bitnerbuilt
lvl.1

United States

I have been using the dji mics for a while, they are great. Today i purchased a lumix s5iix. when i plug in the reciever to the camera with the mic cable - no problem. if i then aditionally plug in a usb c cable to the reciever to anything else loud static feedback. If i use the usbc attachment to the camera or anything else, loud feedback static. Works fine if i keep it just on battery power. If i do this when connected to an iphone, no static. (so port is prob fine, its something with the lumix, i also tried several other cables)  I would like to keep it charged however any know issues you could point me to? perhapse an incorrect setting?

Thanks in advance!
3-2 21:34
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I confirm if you mean plugging a UBC C cable into the receiver when recording? Could you please provide us with a picture to check your setup?
3-3 04:34
Use props
bitnerbuilt
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-3 04:34
Hi there, may I confirm if you mean plugging a UBC C cable into the receiver when recording? Could you please provide us with a picture to check your setup?

sure! Thanks for the quick response. I have attached photos of the basic setup. I figured out this morning that the feedback is only created when plugging via usb or usb-c to usb into my small rig v mount battery. If I plug in the receiver to a usb wall plug it doesn't occur. I would like to plug into the large battery though as it powers the entire mobile rig when I am at trade shows.

3-3 08:55
Use props
bitnerbuilt
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-3 04:34

Any thoughts on a solution?
3-5 21:59
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bitnerbuilt Posted at 3-5 21:59
Any thoughts on a solution?

Hi there, thanks for the picture, could you please provide us with the following information?
1. Abnormal footage;
2. Does the feedback static appear continuously or disappear after a while?
3. Will it appear when the RX has no power or will it also appear when it is fully charged?
3-6 02:39
Use props
bitnerbuilt
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-6 02:39
Hi there, thanks for the picture, could you please provide us with the following information?
1. Abnormal footage;

1. I have attached a video documenting abnormal footage and a visual on hookup
2. continuous

I have further investigated and found the noise is only present when. DJI mic or Mic2 (I bought the 2 to test) is plugged into the small rig mount battery 99 via usbc or usb
AND
the camera, Panasonic LUMIX s5iix is plugged into the same small right 99 amount battery via the tap plug.
3-6 21:57
Use props
bitnerbuilt
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-6 02:39
1. Abnormal footage;

here is the video footage
https://youtu.be/JB2i5dXzEaM
3-6 21:58
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bitnerbuilt Posted at 3-6 21:58

Thanks for the detailed information. We will forward it to our engineer for further checking again.
3-7 02:13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bitnerbuilt Posted at 3-6 21:58

Thanks for your patience. We heard back from our engineers saying we are testing this issue and will try to fix it. If there is any update, we will keep you in the loop. Thanks for your understanding.
The following is a temporary suggestion for you:
It is recommended that you do not charge the RX while using it for the time being. The battery life of the RX itself is about 6 hours, and you can charge it during your break for next recording.
3-8 00:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules