191 0 3-3 20:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we take a second to discuss LAANC? I use it a few times a week because it is required where I frequently fly. I'm increasingly getting the feeling that there isn't much of a point of this system. Hear me out.

Example: Bob puts up a LAANC for 5 hours in an area. 2 hours into that time Larry arives nearby and does the same. Both have proper authorization and both have RID onboard broadcasting drone and RC locations. Everything is done leagally but they have no warning being given to either person about the other party. Why can't LAANC authorization locations be shared to other pilots when submitting their own? This would be so simple to do.

Example 2: This actually happened to me a few weeks ago. I was flying in my normal area and had LANNC like normal. It's surrounded by cotton/soybean fields and a few miles from an airport but clear to 250' AGL with LAANC. Out of nowhere a crop duster comes by just above treetop level. Of course I immediately land and give him the right of way. He's doing his job and it's an important one which I have no problem with. My problem is why wasn't either of us warned about the other? Why would I be granted LAANC if he also alerted ATC that he would be working in the area? This would be like a traffic light giving the green light to multiple directions of traffic.

3-3 20:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules