Drone Rules Today
172 1 3-4 01:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dear All,
I have a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and the DJI Air which are both over 250grams. I am confused though what are the current restrictions today. I see countless videos in YouTube saying they are legency drones in A3 class so can only be flown in open countryside and at least 150 metres from people. However, I had some discussion with the CAA back in 2022 who said they were delaying this implentation for legency drones. The videos I have watched though are dated 2023 and 2024. I saw one video though saying the legency drones remain in A2 over a transition period ending 1st January 2026.

Please can people advise. I love flying these drones for their stability, but have not because of my unclarity with the situation. Companies are pushing the A2 C of C qualification ,which I am interested in, but being retired £99 is a lot for me if my drones can be flown at the moment under A2 conditions. As I have invested over £1500 on my drones I will be forced to take the course if my drones can only be currently flown in the countryside, and not my local park which was the place I flew my drones quite happily before the A system came in.

Many Thanks

3-4 01:55
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, FreshFlyer. Thank you for reaching out. For policies and regulations, please go to the corresponding national regulation publication platform, which varies from country to country. For EU countries, they are generally available at (www.easa.europa.eu). Hopefully, other users will also have some answers regarding on this but for a better understanding of restrictions, please contact EASA directly on this (https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/contact-us).
3-6 07:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules