Creating a Geofence
389 4 3-4 09:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rosewell Flyer
lvl.2

United States

Is there any way for me to create a custom geofence?
I have a very young person that is interested in flying one of my drones.  I figured if I could create a box that they can fly in where the drone would not be allowed to leave, that would be a pretty safe way for them to go nuts with the controls and have no worries of a collission.

Is that possible?
3-4 09:15
Use props
fansf240c01f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Under the safety tab on the DJI Fly app, you could always limit the maximum altitude and distance which would create a geofence of sorts.
3-4 10:33
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

It's a good idea. I thought about this too. I needed to limit the flight area to a complex shape, because there were dangerous obstacles there and I wouldn’t want to accidentally fly into it.
Such a possibility would be useful.
3-4 11:05
Use props
Rosewell Flyer
lvl.2

United States

The existing distance and height limits partially give the feature I want.  Without a minimum height limit it really isn't too helpful though.
Distance limit forces the shape to be a circle that you are in the center of - not ideal.

The thing is, we know this feature already exists - DJI does the time of geofencing all the time for other things.

I also really wish I could port my LAANC authorization to my drone so I could get a warning or limit if I attempt to fly out of the LAANC area.
3-4 12:48
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Rosewell Flyer. The DJI currently does not support this feature but we will take this as a suggestion. You can also try using the "Flight Tutorial" mode if it suits your needs. During the  Flight Tutorial, flights are restricted to a height of 30 m and a distance range of 50 m. If there is no GPS available for positioning, the aircraft cannot take off. Have a nice day.
3-4 20:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules