429 6 3-4 09:31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emacs42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2169 ft
Germany

Hi there,

can the Mic2 be configured to write a 32bit audio file each time it is used with the Pocket 3 during video filming?

I do know that the OP3 setting Audio-to-Video-Sync let's the Mic2 write a 24-bit mono file onto the Mic2 memory during video recording. 24-bit - not 32-bit.
I do know that when the 32-bit option is enabled, a 32-bit mono file is written to the Mic2 memory when the record button is pressed on the Mic2.

With that, one would first need to start video recording on the OP3 and then start 32-bit audio recording on the Mic2 by pressing the record button.

There must be a way to have the Mic2 write 32-bit files automatically while it is recording for the Pocket3, right?

Cheers,

Emacs
3-4 09:31
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Germany

I think it would be logical, that with both options enabled, Audio-to-Video-Sync  AND 32-bit, the Mic2 would always write a 32-bit file to the Mic2 memory.  But apparently that is not the case.
3-4 10:05
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I understood that it will record 32bit (internally on the Mic 2) as default if that option is selected. Well it does when I press record on my Pocket 3.
3-4 14:07
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Germany

Ah, stupid me...

You are correct and it works as it should.
With both, "Audio-to-Video-Sync" set to on and "32-bit float" on indeed writes a 32-bit audio file to the Mic2 storage each time the Pocket3 takes a video with the Mic2 connected.

I got confused by the manual which says "Audio-to-Video-Sync" saves only 24 bit files. (which it does when "32-bit float" is not set to on).

All good.
I should have tested it prior to posting.

Thanks,
Emacs
3-5 02:47
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Emacs. Thank you for reaching out. The 32-bit float recording only takes effect for the internal recording of DJI Mic 2. When using Pocket 3, set as follows: After connecting the DJI Mic 2 transmitter to Osmo Pocket 3, swipe down on the home screen, tap System Settings, Wireless Microphone, and 32-Bit Float Recording (enable/disable). But it only takes effect for the internal recording of DJI Mic 2.
3-7 19:00
Use props
fans1972cea5
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 19:00
Hi, Emacs. Thank you for reaching out. The 32-bit float recording only takes effect for the internal recording of DJI Mic 2. When using Pocket 3, set as follows: After connecting the DJI Mic 2 transmitter to Osmo Pocket 3, swipe down on the home screen, tap System Settings, Wireless Microphone, and 32-Bit Float Recording (enable/disable). But it only takes effect for the internal recording of DJI Mic 2.

When shooting with Sony cameras, does the Mic2 system still have the ability to internally record a 32bit float file while transmitting the 24bit file to camera?
4-26 03:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans1972cea5 Posted at 4-26 03:36
When shooting with Sony cameras, does the Mic2 system still have the ability to internally record a 32bit float file while transmitting the 24bit file to camera?

Hi, fans1972cea5. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm this wih our relevant team. We'll keep you posted.
3 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules